Enoch Powell, he wasnt wrong in his forecast !

CharlieH

23 hours ago, proton said:

I asked a black lesbian activist in the 80's how she defined racism (they almost never can) she said- it's what ever we say it is! ....

Hmmm... OK. If you say so.

23 hours ago, transam said:

Absolute, fact....

Oh, so you were there @transam when @proton had this epiphany?

That was indeed either a remarkable coincidence or an amazing stroke of luck, eh?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

and he was wrong about Australia and NZ too if he included them. He was right about Africa, lol.

Would you be in favour of immigration rules for Australia that allowed 2 500 000 000  people to go and live in Australia as Australian Citizens with visas or anything  ? Two and a half billion people 

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yes the old black lesbian gambit.

Either it didn't happen or it's irrelevant to proving any point what one person says as if one person could possibly represents all of any group.

So basically a cheap debate trick.

Yup, it's right up there with their, "Some of my best friends are black lesbians" defense.

13 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Are racists somehow not scum?

Its a matter of degree in my opinion

as a member of a lynch mob yes

as a concerned politician seeking an effective immigration policy then no

Edited by Bday Prang
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Would you be in favour of immigration rules for Australia that allowed 2 500 000 000  people to go and live in Australia as Australian Citizens with visas or anything  ? Two and a half billion people 

I have already said I don't favour unrestricted immigration. Three times now with this post. What I am in favour of is giving all refugee claims a fair hearing as required by international law.

17 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Not by me and it as directed at me. Maybe I missed something, could you explain why you think that?

It was humour remark to Mr Puddle, regrettably you seem unable and cannot grasp the complex meaning of a word thrown around like coffeti at people with an opinion.

13 hours ago, proton said:
13 hours ago, placeholder said:

Oh, is that what it implied? Out of all the classical quotations he could have cited, and being a classical scholar there were so many open to him, he chose that one? 

So you never read it then and just made up the 1991 part and really want to believe he meant actual butchery in the streets? Well, if you look at the list of stabbings in London alone this year perhaps that is not too far off.

So your almost convinced that he was predicting the future rather than spouting the illusory, self-serving rhetoric of a decorated* but otherwise untalented politician?

* that OK @transam?

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kwasaki said:

It was humour remark to Mr Puddle, regrettably you seem unable and cannot grasp the complex meaning of a word thrown around like coffeti at people with an opinion.

There's no humour in racism. There is no racist joke which is anything other than toxic.

• Sad 3

Just now, ozimoron said:

I have already said I don't favour unrestricted immigration. Three times now with this post. What I am in favour of is giving all refugee claims a fair hearing as required by international law.

We aren't talking about refugees though , 

That's a different subject .

OK, Enoch Powell was opposed to unrestricted immigration into the U.K and you agree with him on that point . His concern was that millions of foreigners would go and live in the UK and British people would become the minority .

So you agree with him that immigration needs to be restricted 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

We aren't talking about refugees though , 

That's a different subject .

OK, Enoch Powell was opposed to unrestricted immigration into the U.K and you agree with him on that point . His concern was that millions of foreigners would go and live in the UK and British people would become the minority .

So you agree with him that immigration needs to be restricted 

Not for that reason. I have now said 4 times that immigration should be restricted. The only reason is because of economic disruption, orderly immigration is fine.

Powell made overtly racist remarks which drown out any other conversation he may have wanted to have. He is rightly vilified by all right thinking people because of it. Flashes of reason don't redeem racists.

6 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

There's no humour in racism. There is no racist joke which is anything other than toxic.

But many jokes that mention race are not racist or toxic  to anybody except people like you

There is humour in everything even death  buy you need a sense of humour to appreciate that

Edited by Bday Prang

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Not for that reason. I have now said 4 times that immigration should be restricted. The only reason is because of economic disruption, orderly immigration is fine.

Powell made overtly racist remarks which drown out any other conversation he may have wanted to have. He is rightly vilified by all right thinking people because of it. Flashes of reason don't redeem racists.

Was your Father a racist ?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:
1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

I read that as well! Shocking.

Daily Mail wasn't it? Or the Express?

Its a fact .doesn't matter who says it 

At the risk of some getting their panties in a bunch about being off topic, didn't a certain White House advisor introduce the greater unwashed to the perfectly acceptable (to them) concept of "alternative facts"?

At least you're nailing your editorial colours to the mast here and not like that other chap who keeps carping on about terrible stuff he's reading in "the papers"?

Well, sort of.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

At the risk of some getting their panties in a bunch about being off topic, didn't a certain White House advisor introduce the greater unwashed to the perfectly acceptable (to them) concept of "alternative facts"?

At least you're nailing your editorial colours to the mast here and not like that other chap who keeps carping on about terrible stuff he's reading in "the papers"?

Do stop going on about Trump .

Do try and stay on topic 

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Pointless discussing anything with someone who is confused about being a racist and doesn't like his own country....????

I love my country. I'm a patriot. I don't have to love every crime that racists committed to love my country. I demonstrate my patriotism by being honest about the past. I honor the good and vilify the evil.

If Powell was alive today and lived in Australia he would be in jail under our laws.

Edited by ozimoron

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That is one of the problems with discussions these days .

Talking about a person being interviewed and his opinion and some people just give abuse and accuse you of loving him and being a dinosaur etc 

I blame the general dumbing down of society and also the left and the right each going into their own corner and yelling abuse at each other and not any room in the middle

The fact that there is no middle ground these days and political parties of many nations have allowed themselves to be browbeaten, railroaded and hogwashed by their own extremists is a valid view which I share 100%

However, in this instance, you (we) are off topic.

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Another Google search that fails to propagate the illusion that someone knows more about their beloved (Brigadier) Enoch (MBE) that anyone else. That sort of worked for @transam but he got here first.

Oops. There's that "in the paper" thing again.

Excuse me while I don't panic.

You would if you lived in a town like that,another drug dealer stabbed to death in slaugh yesterday by two others,by the look of them and their names sound Muslims.

Edited by bert bloggs

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:
1 hour ago, transam said:

You are doing the anti-Brit thing again.........Thank you, it clarifies stuff from you........????

Huh? anti Brit? How did you infer that from my post about Australian racism?

Don't panic. It happens a lot when some members stray into the deep end.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, NanLaew said:

The fact that there is no middle ground these days and political parties of many nations have allowed themselves to be browbeaten, railroaded and hogwashed by their own extremists is a valid view which I share 100%

However, in this instance, you (we) are off topic.

Its just the internet where the lefties and rights yell abuse at each other from their own corners . Out in the real world people aren't  as polarised and are more middle ground

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

No, it is not racist.

It's a rubbish PhotoShop job.

Being fake does not excuse it from being racist. If anything it makes it even more egregious because it's not just reporting a racist act it's sole raison d'etre is instigating racism.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

In Enoch's time it was possible for 500,000,000 people from India to open a corner shop in the UK, no visa, but you're OK with that, Enoch wasn't......

• Like 1
  • Confused 1