Enoch Powell, he wasnt wrong in his forecast !

CharlieH

23 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I lived and worked in UK in many places but stayed away from places known for trouble. 

If don't think of those you mentioned don't have troubled areas you must of steered clear of them. 

Sorry but I don't understand what you are saying as you are using a double negative. They don't have troubled areas or I just didn't see the trouble?

Please clarify.

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Like I say, I don’t even open videos.

If you have something to say from your own personal experience, I’m all ears.

Of course CH, dodge actual facts that do not fit your agenda, which is, let them all in....

At least others have read your "no answers" excuses....????

Game, set, match.....????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Odd you should mention him, the finger pointed at an ethnic minority, a textbook case of blaming minorities.

What, Polish, they are no longer a minority in the UK, ol' chap, now what about Sharia Law on the streets of the UK, my videos....?

The sort of thing the OP feared.....We are all waiting...

3 hours ago, transam said:

I was a London mini-cab driver in the seventies, there were areas we didn't pick-up, fact......:stoner:

In the 80's still lot's of sh_t going down....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Keith_Blakelock

Where do you live now?

I live in Thailand now but in the past five years or so, I have spent at least two months of the year in Lancashire around Blackburn, Burnley, Preston and Chorley. Last March, I drove into Accrington to collect an online purchase from Argos. I went through what some people probably call a no-go area? Looked clean and tidy with decent row houses and newer cars. Not a broken or boarded up window in sight and no graffiti either. The only thing that made me think I was in a "bad" part of the town were the ladies out shopping or walking on the pavement with kids or crossing the road with a pram. They were all those black-clad "letterbox" ones that soon-to-be former PM found entertaining.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Where do you live now?

I live in Thailand now but in the past five years or so, I have spent at least two months of the year in Lancashire around Blackburn, Burnley, Preston and Chorley. Last March, I drove into Accrington to collect an online purchase from Argos. I went through what some people probably call a no-go area? Looked clean and tidy with decent row houses and newer cars. Not a broken or boarded up window in sight and no graffiti either. The only thing that made me think I was in a "bad" part of the town were the ladies out shopping or walking on the pavement with kids or crossing the road with a pram. They were all those black-clad "letterbox" ones that soon-to-be former PM found entertaining.

Sounds great...........????

2 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Yes every one please pluswhere you stayed and what you ate ???? no but most of those. Places are not ones us Brits actually know what its like  many no problems ,but i am sure you didnt come to those,we know them well  ,i am afraid you really cant comment and you know very very little unlike us .

I’m trying to make sense of that.

2 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

I lived in Whitechapel, East Ham, South Croydon and Brixton (albeit for only 3 months) for the better part of 25 years.

Do you think I know what I am talking about? 

If you lived in Brixton and didnt come across trouble ,i dont believe you ,,east ham and Croydon i cant realy comment ,but oh yes i can on Brixton

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

Of course CH, dodge actual facts that do not fit your agenda, which is, let them all in....

At least others have read your "no answers" excuses....????

Game, set, match.....????

That’s a bit rich coming from someone who spends so much time telling us what newspapers he won’t read.

I’ll skip your videos thank you.

1 hour ago, transam said:

What, Polish, they are no longer a minority in the UK, ol' chap, now what about Sharia Law on the streets of the UK, my videos....?

The sort of thing the OP feared.....We are all waiting...

I wonder if you are only pretending to be ignorant of the historical events to which you referred?!

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

That’s a bit rich coming from someone who spends so much time telling us what newspapers he won’t read.

I’ll skip your videos thank you.

Is my honesty a problem for you...?

Of course, you won't watch videos of foreign people you protect being naughty, even if it is 100% related to Enoch's thoughts of the UK future, because you know I am right, it is actual evidence.

Now come on, watch the vids and tell me your friends are not trying to impose Sharia Law in the UK, imported nonsense........????

• Like 2

Just now, transam said:

Is my honesty a problem for you...?

Of course, you won't watch videos of foreign people you protect being naughty, even if it is 100% related to Enoch's thoughts of the UK future, because you know I am right, it is actual evidence.

Now come on, watch the vids and tell me your friends are not trying to impose Sharia Law in the UK, imported nonsense........????

No, nothing about your honesty is a problem for me.

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

No, nothing about your honesty is a problem for me.

Are the videos honest, are they real, are your people doing what Enoch professed.....?

Of course, they are, time for a re-think for your lack of real facts of the thoughts of Professor, Brigadier Enoch Powell, Member of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire, and not foreign folk trying to change our British Isles with their ancient nonsense........????

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, transam said:

Are the videos honest, are they real, are your people doing what Enoch professed.....?

Of course, they are, time for a re-think for your lack of real facts of the thoughts of Professor, Brigadier Enoch Powell, Member of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire, and not foreign folk trying to change our British Isles with their ancient nonsense........????

I don’t know why you are asking me, I told you, I don’t watch videos posted on this discussion forum.

Powell’s titles and honors didn’t stop him from being a racist.

Not have they made his  vile racist predictions come true.

• Confused 1

I watch a lot of moving pictures, for entertainment and sometimes for information, I don’t watch videos on search of opinions of people I don’t know.

But why do I need to watch videos about the UK?  I’ve just got back from the UK, I was there, walking around meeting with people, talking to people, getting an up close and personal feel for the place - you don’t get that from a video.

I had a great time, I didn’t come across any problems that impacted me personally, certainly no immigrants bothered me at all.

Although as I have said, I did witness the shocking poverty, people struggling to feed themselves and people from all parts of the community, regardless of background, coming together to help others.

The up close personal experience you aren’t getting from your videos.

I don’t need you to select videos for me, I was there, I saw and experience life in the UK up to just a couple of weeks ago.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

Sorry but I don't understand what you are saying as you are using a double negative. They don't have troubled areas or I just didn't see the trouble?

Please clarify.

The 3 places you mentioned have there fair share of trouble areas of those locations if you are not aware of it, it's me that doesn't understand where you coming from. 

I will not look up the crime figures in those areas for you compared to other areas in the London area. 

Edited by Kwasaki
spell police
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I watch a lot of moving pictures, for entertainment and sometimes for information, I don’t watch videos on search of opinions of people I don’t know.

But why do I need to watch videos about the UK?  I’ve just got back from the UK, I was there, walking around meeting with people, talking to people, getting an up close and personal feel for the place - you don’t get that from a video.

I had a great time, I didn’t come across any problems that impacted me personally, certainly no immigrants bothered me at all.

Although as I have said, I did witness the shocking poverty, people struggling to feed themselves and people from all parts of the community, regardless of background, coming together to help others.

The up close personal experience you aren’t getting from your videos.

I don’t need you to select videos for me, I was there, I saw and experience life in the UK up to just a couple of weeks ago.

You have just returned to Thailand after being in the U.K for a few weeks and you went to UK food banks to hand food out and you went to deprived areas and meet the poor people .

How did that go ?

Did you tell them that you were living in Thailand in the tropics and living a grand life at ease and not suffering like they are ?

Did they regard you as one of them ? 

Poor working guys who need to visit food banks to survive or did they regard you as one "of them" ? 

A rich jet setter who lives in the tropics and having more in common with Richard Branson than with them ? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You have just returned to Thailand after being in the U.K for a few weeks and you went to UK food banks to hand food out and you went to deprived areas and meet the poor people .

How did that go ?

Did you tell them that you were living in Thailand in the tropics and living a grand life at ease and not suffering like they are ?

Poor working guys who need to visit food banks to survive or did they regard you as one "of them" ? 

A rich jet setter who lives in the tropics and having more in common with Richard Branson than with them ? 

Not bitter then? 

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, transam said:
4 hours ago, NanLaew said:

So, you live in Bradford now?

Or are you just feeling other people's pain?

Where have I said I live in Bradford...? 

Thought so.

It's just that I asked you where you lived. That simple question in a single, separate paragraph. Hardly confusing but your response was a video related to some police incident in Bradford.

Throughout this thread, you have been demanding various members that hold an opposing view to the thread's flawed premise to answer your questions. When they don't you accuse them of somehow being at best disingenuous at ignorant at worst before casting them off as an irrelevancy. I just want to make sure I've got it right before I try it myself.

Thanks (again).

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

How did that go ?

Is Richard Branson squatting here on retirement extensions then? Somewhere out by Ubon maybe? Living the relatively easy life while posting opinions on an empire lost the loss of something he already abandoned decades ago and can hardly remember with any degree of accuracy or relevancy?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1