Enoch Powell, he wasnt wrong in his forecast !

CharlieH

42 minutes ago, transam said:

Still here then.......Who blew up a bus killing UK folk leaving blood on UK streets.......?

Enoch was right, it has happened....

That was by three British people, born and bred British people carried out those bombings , the other one was Jamaican born and all died in 2005

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Come on bert, share a link to this event or else we'll start to think you're trolling the thread with all this "the paper" stuff.

daily mail, i read it as well complete with pics ,wonder if it was in the Guardian ,lol

Edited by ivor bigun
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Come on bert, share a link to this event or else we'll start to think you're trolling the thread with all this "the paper" stuff.

I dont lie,i come from a town that used to be nice  ,now its not  when the likes of chomper go on how henever sees stuff like this he morr than likely visits towns like the ones my sister lives inor my daughter has moved to ,if you saw a face of colour it would be a rarityy,mind you the cost of living in both places is very high,luckily my family is quite well off.

4 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

I dont lie,i come from a town that used to be nice  ,now its not  when the likes of chomper go on how henever sees stuff like this he morr than likely visits towns like the ones my sister lives inor my daughter has moved to ,if you saw a face of colour it would be a rarityy,mind you the cost of living in both places is very high,luckily my family is quite well off.

Post a link to the story then 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

I would say the biggest negative change in all the places I visited, with very few exceptions is the decimation of town center businesses, through supermarkets and online trade.

And the collapse of public services as a direct result of funding cuts.

Former bustling market towns that had busy town centers are now half empty or filled with charity shops, tattoo parlors and takeaway food outlets.

In odd spots where independent retail businesses are thriving they are catering to the well off, and provide a clear indication of the two nations the UK had become, those who have and the very many who have not.

Moving out has become an option for some, a further separation of those who have from the many that have not.

Gated communities are being built in towns across the nation, a sign the wealthy don’t want to be anywhere near the poor, or in extreme that they are becoming fearful of the poor.

Non of this is down to immigrants or immigration, non of it is predicted by Powell but it remains the most starkly visible picture of UK towns and cities.

15 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That was by three British people, born and bred British people carried out those bombings , the other one was Jamaican born and all died in 2005

Indeed, their family roots were from where........?

What was the reason for blowing themselves up...?

15 hours ago, placeholder said:

Powell was predicting civil war in his Rivers of Blood speech. Is there a civil war raging in the UK?

No, we are now 60+ years on, tech has moved on, no tech back then to keep an eye on things.

If it wasn't for our modern day tech, that Enoch could not have  envisaged, things might have been very different.

Are the prisons being filled up with foreign rooted folk via our modern day tech, well are they..........????

4 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

but not a British religion or a British  race ,so whats the difference?

They were British. Born and bread. Get your basic facts correct before commenting perhaps?

Both you, Transam and others are trying desperately to equate Britians problems with the colour of someones skin whilst conveniently ignoring that terrorism occured well before immigration was a 'thing'. You can go all the way back to Guy Fawkes trying to blow up parliament, to fascists in the 1930's to the IRA in the 70's, 80's and 90's. The IRA killed more people than any muslim terrorist (approx. 1700) so if you want to talk about 'streets of blood' then this was much more accurate than what you are trying to level at the muslim and black communities in the UK. However this doesn't fit into your racist narrative because of course they were all white so that's a little bit inconvient and completely disproves your ridiculous point so you rely on stories of a VERY small amount of people supporting Sharia Law or the disproportonate amount of black on black knife crime. You go on about Indian and Pakistani communities taking over your towns whereas the reality is that most of where they 'dominate' is the deprived and run downs areas they find themselves inhabiting.

Again I will bring you back to personal stories as anecdotal seems to be what you are about and again talk about my personal experiences. In my home town (in Scotland) there was/is stabbings and crime but not a single person of colour does them as we simply don't have them in any large numbers. I lived in Whitchapel for 6 years (still have a flat there) and have never seen any of the nonsense you keep sprouting despite being surrounded by a muslim community. I was in South Croydon for 4 years and although it paid to keep your wits about you, again I never saw anything resembling the apocolyptic scenarious you all keep trying to paint. I also lived in East Ham and a short time in Brixton and again didn't see anything you are trying to paint here.

What I did see though was people in poverty with very little prospects falling into the usual trap of crime and violence because that's what their surroundings and the people they hung out with often dictated. I'm not giving them any excuses though as I came from that background muyself and I got the hell out of it, but equally so, I also don't blame their ethnicity as I have seen exactly the same problems (and worse) coming from white people. 

The issues in the UK are nuanced and intricate but what they are not is this blanket all 'well it's the muslims and the blacks innit' nonsense you are all trying to espouse here. And importantly, unless you are going to be part of the solution then you really shouldn't be adding to the problem with your racist diatribe and frankly child like assertions that someone like Enoch Powell was a prophet of sorts. He wasn't. He was just a posh racist.           

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

They were British. Born and bread. Get your basic facts correct before commenting perhaps?

Both you, Transam and others are trying desperately to equate Britians problems with the colour of someones skin whilst conveniently ignoring that terrorism occured well before immigration was a 'thing'. You can go all the way back to Guy Fawkes trying to blow up parliament, to fascists in the 1930's to the IRA in the 70's, 80's and 90's. The IRA killed more people than any muslim terrorist (approx. 1700) so if you want to talk about 'streets of blood' then this was much more accurate than what you are trying to level at the muslim and black communities in the UK. However this doesn't fit into your racist narrative because of course they were all white so that's a little bit inconvient and completely disproves your ridiculous point so you rely on stories of a VERY small amount of people supporting Sharia Law or the disproportonate amount of black on black knife crime. You go on about Indian and Pakistani communities taking over your towns whereas the reality is that most of where they 'dominate' is the deprived and run downs areas they find themselves inhabiting.

Again I will bring you back to personal stories as anecdotal seems to be what you are about and again talk about my personal experiences. In my home town (in Scotland) there was/is stabbings and crime but not a single person of colour does them as we simply don't have them in any large numbers. I lived in Whitchapel for 6 years (still have a flat there) and have never seen any of the nonsense you keep sprouting despite being surrounded by a muslim community. I was in South Croydon for 4 years and although it paid to keep your wits about you, again I never saw anything resembling the apocolyptic scenarious you all keep trying to paint. I also lived in East Ham and a short time in Brixton and again didn't see anything you are trying to paint here.

What I did see though was people in poverty with very little prospects falling into the usual trap of crime and violence because that's what their surroundings and the people they hung out with often dictated. I'm not giving them any excuses though as I came from that background muyself and I got the hell out of it, but equally so, I also don't blame their ethnicity as I have seen exactly the same problems (and worse) coming from white people. 

The issues in the UK are nuanced and intricate but what they are not is this blanket all 'well it's the muslims and the blacks innit' nonsense you are all trying to espouse here. And importantly, unless you are going to be part of the solution then you really shouldn't be adding to the problem with your racist diatribe and frankly child like assertions that someone like Enoch Powell was a prophet of sorts. He wasn't. He was just a posh racist.           

I have not mentioned skin colour, stop making stuff up, I was for Brexit to stop WHITE EU low-life doing their thing in the UK too...

Get off your racist band-wagon, makes you look......:crazy:

Poor people take to crime, well how is it I didn't, and millions of others didn't.

Modern day crime revolves around junkies, money to buy the stuff, easy money, instead  of working....

Edited by transam

1 minute ago, transam said:

I have not mentioned skin colour, stop making stuff up, I was for Brexit to stop WHITE EU low-life doing their thing in the UK too...

Get off your racist band-wagon, makes you look......:crazy:

Maybe you haven't exactly said it but it certainly is heavily implied since your whole argument is in defence of Enoch and his assertions that immigrants (and what colour might they possibly be) was correct.

I think I'd have more respect for you if you just came out and said it rather than post videos of muslims and Sharia Law, PC Blakelock and the bus bombings of 2005. 

You have not posted one single incident of white crime or terrorism so what are we to conclude regarding your views? You might THINK you are not being racist but you absolutely are. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck .................

• Like 1

1 minute ago, johnnybangkok said:

Maybe you haven't exactly said it but it certainly is heavily implied since your whole argument is in defence of Enoch and his assertions that immigrants (and what colour might they possibly be) was correct.

I think I'd have more respect for you if you just came out and said it rather than post videos of muslims and Sharia Law, PC Blakelock and the bus bombings of 2005. 

You have not posted one single incident of white crime or terrorism so what are we to conclude regarding your views? You might THINK you are not being racist but you absolutely are. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck .................

The thread is not about crime committed by WHITE folk in the UK, it is about Enoch Powell and his fears and visions for the UK and immigration.

You, keep trying to find something off-topic, very tiresome, try telling me the 7th July 2005 wasn't because of foreign rooted influences, go on, go for it....????

1 hour ago, ivor bigun said:

but not a British religion or a British  race ,so whats the difference?

If people are born in Britain their are British, everything about them is British.

See 8th Century coin minted in the reign of King Off (he of the dyke).

Note Arabic inscription.

——

I never ceases to amaze me how so many ‘proud nationalists’ know so pitifully little if the history of their own history and culture.

AEB39EE6-7586-48C3-916F-799E035C9305.jpeg

Edited by Chomper Higgot

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

If people are not in Britain their are British, everything about them is British.

See 8th Century coin minted in the reign of King Off (he of the dyke).

Note Arabic inscription.

——

I never ceases to amaze me how so many ‘proud nationalists’ know so pitifully little if the history of their own history and culture.

AEB39EE6-7586-48C3-916F-799E035C9305.jpeg

Off-topic British people put down, again....????

2 minutes ago, transam said:

The thread is not about crime committed by WHITE folk in the UK, it is about Enoch Powell and his fears and visions for the UK and immigration.

You, keep trying to find something off-topic, very tiresome, try telling me the 7th July 2005 wasn't because of foreign rooted influences, go on, go for it....????

You are talking yourself into a corner.

Yes, 7th July was muslim fanatics committing terrorist activities. But the IRA bombings were white, anglo-Saxons yet I don't hear you going on about them or posting videos of the IRA and their views.  

Your whole argument is about Enoch and his myopic views of immigrants. Why don't you tell me what colour the immigrants he was talking about were? 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

Very well said.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

Yes, 7th July was muslim fanatics committing terrorist activities. But the IRA bombings were white, anglo-Saxons yet I don't hear you going on about them or posting videos of the IRA and their views.  

Your whole argument is about Enoch and his myopic views of immigrants. Why don't you tell me what colour the immigrants he was talking about were? 

I am not in a corner, you are, you are bringing colour into the thread, I haven't.  

Think more before you post, I don't want to call you a racist......????

3 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

It’s precisely that.

Powell ignored the ‘white’ terrorism that was already an issue at the time if he spoke.

He instead turned his hate speech on the mainly Caribbean immigrants, who in the late fifties and early sixties were exemplary members of the community, renowned for hard work, good manners and their adherence to their Christian values.

But there was hate, and the racist Enoch Powell played to that hate.

His reference to black people (it was black people he was “stalking about) wielding the whip hand over native white Britons is arguably the most disgraceful statement ever made by a British politician.

Then, as now, he had his admirers.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, transam said:

I am not in a corner, you are, you are bringing colour into the thread, I haven't.  

Powell’s racist remarks were direct at immigrants of colour, who at the time he spoke were almost entirely black Caribbeans.

Quit with your gaslighting.

3 minutes ago, transam said:

The whole thread is about people of color. Again I will ask, what color of immigrants was Enoch referring to and what color are all the people you and the likes of Bert Bloggs and Ivor Biggun (who I originally replied to) giving examples of?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Powell’s racist remarks were direct at immigrants of colour, who at the time he spoke were almost entirely black Caribbeans.

Quit with your gaslighting.

You again are making assumptions about me and colour, my wife has a different colour to me, so back off with your ridiculous digs.

Immigration, Enoch's thoughts on immigration is the topic here, I wish you racist callers would back off the colour thing, it is racist.

8 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

The whole thread is about people of color. Again I will ask, what color of immigrants was Enoch referring to and what color are all the people you and the likes of Bert Bloggs and Ivor Biggun (who I originally replied to) giving examples of?

You sound like a racist, I haven't mentioned colour. I have mentioned EU immigrants, but not their colour. I am not a racist, I am concerned with immigration regarding this thread..

So BACK OFF the colour thing, it is racist....???? 

5 minutes ago, transam said:

You again are making assumptions about me and colour, my wife has a different colour to me, so back off with your ridiculous digs.

Immigration, Enoch's thoughts on immigration is the topic here, I wish you racist callers would back off the colour thing, it is racist.

I’m not sure what brought that on.

I have never even once called any member of this forum a racist - never!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, transam said:

You sound like a racist, I haven't mentioned colour. I have mentioned EU immigrants, but not their colour. I am not a racist, I am concerned with immigration regarding this thread..

So BACK OFF the colour thing, it is racist....???? 

Ok, so you think that the UK should only be populated by the people who are already there and NO immigrants at all should be allowed in? Correct? 

• Like 1