Takeaways from the ruling granting Trump's request for a special master in Mar-a-Lago probe

Scott

25 minutes ago, ullman said:

Well, it seems clear that MAGA failed in 2020. So, if the media failed, who then succeeded in taking Trump down?

And who will be taking the DOJ down? A House committee? A Senate committee?

Edited by onthedarkside
reply to removed post
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, heybruce said:

By the way, his is a very serious crime.

"A document describing a foreign government’s military defenses, including its nuclear capabilities, was found by FBI agents who searched former president Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence and private club last month, according to people familiar with the matter, underscoring concerns among U.S. intelligence officials about classified material stashed in the Florida property."

Whats the crime you are referring to?

The Post has had no problem describing other documents as classified while working as the DOJ’s messenger for damaging Trump leaks. In this case, though, there is no mention of the classification of this specific document. Someone cocked up and forgot to define the classification of the documents, or more likely they are not classified.
If it wasn’t classified, that means it could be just about anything, including many things that would be completely proper for the former president to have had. I can go right now and search the internet for information about Iran’s nuclear capabilities. Am I now a spy because I have those documents? In this case, we could be talking about something as mundane as a news article Trump held on to or a mention of nuclear capabilities in one of his letters to foreign leaders.

Not good, shows the DOJ has more holes in their case. DOJ illegally leaking details of an investigation shows the extent of their corruption and nature of their political agenda targeting Trump.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lemmie said:

The Post has had no problem describing other documents as classified while working as the DOJ’s messenger for damaging Trump leaks. In this case, though, there is no mention of the classification of this specific document. Someone cocked up and forgot to define the classification of the documents, or more likely they are not classified.
If it wasn’t classified, that means it could be just about anything, including many things that would be completely proper for the former president to have had. I can go right now and search the internet for information about Iran’s nuclear capabilities. Am I now a spy because I have those documents? In this case, we could be talking about something as mundane as a news article Trump held on to or a mention of nuclear capabilities in one of his letters to foreign leaders.

Not good, shows the DOJ has more holes in their case. DOJ illegally leaking details of an investigation shows the extent of their corruption and nature of their political agenda targeting Trump.

What are you talking about? Following Trump's request (he changed his mind after that), the judge compelled the FBI to publish the list of documents seized. There is no ambiguity about the classification of documents. Classified documents have a "classified" stamp on them, and this stamp has been put before Trump took them to MAL. 

You should check facts before posting (ok, I know It's hopeless).

• Like 1

16 hours ago, billd766 said:

But it is only your opinion and you are politically biased.

What is needed is an independent opinion and application.

What ever happens, one side will not accept the results.

Of course it's my opinion. Do you think I'd post using your opinion?

But it is only your opinion and you are politically biased would apply to most if not all posters on this thread, would it not?

It's a forum, so who is going to say what qualifies as independent?

I agree with last sentence.

4 hours ago, lemmie said:

The part of my post you edited out gives an idea of the crimes:

"Some of the seized documents detail top-secret U.S. operations so closely guarded that many senior national security officials are kept in the dark about them. Only the president, some members of his Cabinet or a near-Cabinet-level official could authorize other government officials to know details of these special-access programs, according to people familiar with the search, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe sensitive details of an ongoing investigation."   https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/09/06/trump-nuclear-documents/

Regarding "holes" in the case; Trump took stuff that wasn't his, refused to give it back and lied about having it!  Nobody disputes this, and stealing is a crime.

In your fantasy land Trump can do no wrong.  In the real world things are different.

Edited by heybruce

16 hours ago, billd766 said:

No, you didn't "fix" anything.

Do these armed agents always carry weapons in the normal course of their duty?

Did these agents have a legal warrant to enter the premises and conduct a search?

Did any of those agents draw their weapon and threaten any of the staff present?

I seem to remember a certain poster claiming the agents were unarmed during the raid, though he didn't provide any proof of that ( that I saw ) when I asked him to.

He's one of those that liked your post.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, heybruce said:

The part of my post you edited out gives an idea of the crimes:

"Some of the seized documents detail top-secret U.S. operations so closely guarded that many senior national security officials are kept in the dark about them. Only the president, some members of his Cabinet or a near-Cabinet-level official could authorize other government officials to know details of these special-access programs, according to people familiar with the search, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe sensitive details of an ongoing investigation."   https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/09/06/trump-nuclear-documents/

Regarding "holes" in the case; Trump took stuff that wasn't his, refused to give it back and lied about having it!  Nobody disputes this, and stealing is a crime.

In your fantasy land Trump can do no wrong.  In the real world things are different.

So, perhaps in the real world they can charge Trump with one of the many crimes he has been accused of by certain posters on here, and prove it in a court of law.

He either stole documents he should not have had, or he didn't. Doesn't take months to ascertain that.

In the real world, people are often charged with a sample case, rather than delaying to charge them with multiple cases. Guilty is guilty, for one or for several crimes.

Al Capone went to jail for tax evasion, not the many murders he apparently committed. Jail is jail, regardless of the reasons for being there.

14 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

So, perhaps in the real world they can charge Trump with one of the many crimes he has been accused of by certain posters on here, and prove it in a court of law.

He either stole documents he should not have had, or he didn't. Doesn't take months to ascertain that.

In the real world, people are often charged with a sample case, rather than delaying to charge them with multiple cases. Guilty is guilty, for one or for several crimes.

Al Capone went to jail for tax evasion, not the many murders he apparently committed. Jail is jail, regardless of the reasons for being there.

You are definitely a one-trick pony:  "Why hasn't he been charged yet?"

There is no point in explaining again what has been explained many times already.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, ullman said:

who really cares who reported the raid.

What matters is the humongous NOTHING BURGER it is!

If in your words it is nothing but a humongous NOTHING BURGER, why is Trump and his acolytes, including you making such a big fuss about it?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

In the real world the DOJ frequently hit powerful and wealthy suspects with every single crime they find evidence of.

Be patient, Justice is coming.

Trump is on indictment watch.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lemmie said:

I am merely stating the omission of the DNI, DOD, reference or other lintel security agencies classification status of these "nuclear secrets docs" in this recent DOJ leak to the WAPO. No mention is made of any classification level for these docs and there is no reference to any specific agencies including NARA with respect to these "docs".

Not very compelling , convincing leaked material. Should be able to better if there is real damning evidence which likely there isn't any or it would be plastered everywhere for everyone to see. We saw the identical leak strategy during the Russia hoax, crossfire hurricane, and so on but never any indictments based on the leaks and only process crimes and of course the FBI lawyer convicted of falsifying docs and lying to the FISA court.

So, in all fairness to anyone seeing this leaked information, there needs to be some proof and corroboration, not just the WAPO usual ("according to people familiar with the matter" concept) and it's likely the real predicate which DOJ is trying to hide in the redactions may offer the impetus for the affidavit and the secrecy of it. The entire contents of the affidavit may never be revealed unfortunately but maybe only if Trump's charged with doc related storage infractions but that is highly unlikely. It's trial in the court of public opinion only, the usual desperate tactics employed by the deep state inflicts on Trump.

SAP's - special-access programs

Source WAPO Some of the seized documents detail top-secret U.S. operations so closely guarded that many senior national security officials are kept in the dark about them. Only the president, some members of his Cabinet or a near-Cabinet-level official could authorize other government officials to know details of these special-access programs

Source WIRED Interestingly, for the purposes of the Mar-a-Lago search, SAPs can also protect nuclear research and development as well as the highly secret and protected presidential and military NC2 communication systems, which are known by their own special clearance, YANKEE WHITE.

2 hours ago, heybruce said:

You don't think there is real, damning evidence?  You don't think that 11,000 documents, some of them extremely highly classified, constitute real, damning evidence?  Documents which aren't his but which he refused to return.

How can the "lock her up" crowd maintain that this is no big deal?

And there's the fact that Trump ignored a grand jury subpoena. And that his lawyers apparently lied about there being no more classified documents.  It seems extremely unlikely that they would make such a claim without Trump's authorization.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, heybruce said:

You're comparing a misdemeanor to a major felony.  You won't admit it, but the DOJ knows the difference.

Also, to be noted, is that Clinton was cooperated with government investigators. Trump did just the opposite. That kind of thing is taken into account when investigators decide whether or not to push for indictments.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

DOJ will appeal judge's decision to grant Trump's special master request to review seized docs

The DOJ said in Thursday's court papers that if Cannon doesn't grant a stay by Sept. 15, they will "intend to seek relief from the Eleventh Circuit."

Trump "does not and could not assert that he owns or has any possessory interest in classified records" prosecutors wrote in a 21-page motion.

The DOJ is not seeking a stay on the handover of non-classified documents to an appointed special master but said that if Cannon doesn't grant their stay it "will cause the most immediate and serious harms to the government and the public."

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/doj-appeal-judges-decision-grant-trumps-special-master/story?id=89535075

Brilliant show hand poker move. 

• Like 1