Pattaya dance teacher files report claiming foreign tourist inappropriately touched her while out for a stroll on Walking Street

webfact

22 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Would you expect to have your <deleted> groped by a foreign male tourist ?

As a foreign male tourist myself it is not what I would expect, unless I had strayed into "boys town"  but as a reasonably educated Thai woman it would certainly be something I would consider to be a not too remote ( but nevertheless unwelcome ) possibility    A no brainer really when taking into account the nature of the area in question  and the main reason for guys to go there.

However it would be a calculated risk as incidents of this nature are very rare, despite the nature of that place

• Like 1

21 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Some just cannot distinguish between a working girl and a civilian. This is never appropriate behavior toward  a civilian, and only appropriate with a working girl, if a deal has been struck. Groping strangers is never right. And this is coming from a guy who is not PC, and not Me Too! It is about basic respect and civility. 

Were you there ?  Did you see what happened ?  ????

• Thanks 1

"As a result, the suspect had been reportedly identified, charged, and detained at the Pattaya police station as of press time. His name and nationality were not revealed to the press pending the police investigation,"

Normally the first thing the police do is state the nationality and name of the alleged perpetrator?

Why I wonder is this being withheld?

• Like 2

I was there last night i was inappropriately touched several times seriously considering going back tonight because its that kind of street

She knows pattaya is a dance teacher may skirt the industry their in her profession so why is she complaining, revenue from this street pays a lot of people.

I wouldn't do it even to a working girl unless it had potential to go further and with eye contact of course.

47 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

"As a result, the suspect had been reportedly identified, charged, and detained at the Pattaya police station as of press time. His name and nationality were not revealed to the press pending the police investigation,"

Normally the first thing the police do is state the nationality and name of the alleged perpetrator?

Why I wonder is this being withheld?

might be difficult to confirm if he was not carrying his passport,

I also imagine the Thai police are terrified of being described as racist by the TVF wokies.  ???? 

2 hours ago, shackleton said:

Walking alone at 3am on walking street ????

How are the poor Farangs after coming out of the bars after drinking alcohol supposed to know a 43 year old woman was

not on the game ???? 

Because that woman in question did not make the first step. Just walking in Walking Street is not sufficient. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Begs the question why you bother with the comments then?

When did it become a waste of time for the police to catch wrongdoers and criminals? Maybe, you are the one deciding what is right and wrong for the Thai police to do as a premium guest in this country?

You started this dialogue.... why did you comment? 

Haha... anyone but the Thai police has a better idea of what they should be doing!  You are living in cloud cuckoo land!

• Like 2

First no one should be assaulted male or female.  However, I have to question the reasoning of a single Thai female that looks nice travellilng in an area that is known for drunk horny farang at a time that the drunkest horny farang are out ALONE.

Remember 

• Like 2

Big mistake to grab a female thinking she in the sex trade . i could be the case where she asked too much? and got annoyed . saying that the working girls have the right to grab any passing man thinking he wants to pay for a good time . best keep your hands to yourself unless a deal has been made . I bet he would not have done that if it were in Tesco's 

2 hours ago, Andre0720 said:

Until such time as words, adjectives, and behaviors are defined properly, we have no idea of what really happened, and so no real reason to use the word 'victim', when referring to this event.

The claim is : "a foreign tourist inappropriately touched her", and

"a foreign man secretly snuck up behind her and touched her without her consent. ".

What in this world does that mean? She was touched, oh darn. Inappropriate way, now, what in her mind does a touch become "inappropriate"?

I remember starting a chat with a girl while shopping. I ended up invited her to go have dinner in the evening. All seemed positive, until, when I had to go on my way, I touched her on the side of her hip, candidly, I do not know why, just to establish a contact perhaps.

Well, she got really offended, started telling me that this is not to be done in this country, or something to that effect. And she hinted at a possible complain. I remember getting uneasy, and was very glad to be able to just walk away from this entitled lady, entitled perhaps to the sanctity of her own body.

Lesson learned....

"I do not know why" Really?

Edited by SheungWan
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Ralf001 said:

But what if the civilian also works...... like the lady in question works as a dance instructor.

Is not a working girl ?

I think you need to drop this whole civilian/working girl <deleted> and call the sex worker a sex worker.

Well, this topic is sure getting old. Of course any gal who works is a working gal! But, this is obviously meant in a completely different context. One with nothing but kindness and respect. A working gal is a pseudonym for a term, or a description considerably less kind. And I have no idea why guys are getting bent out of shape over the term civilian. It is meant with an equal degree of kindness. It is meant as playful jest. Nothing harmful, ugly or unkind intended. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HOOD Robin said:

Were you there ?  Did you see what happened ?  ????

You do bring up an interesting point, in regard to the law. At least in the US, the threshold for proving sexual harassment seems to be very low, and often times men are brought down by a simply accusation, often decades old, with no witnesses, no video, no evidence whatsoever. I am not saying this did not happen. Only that the burden of proof can be a rather significant issue, for the accused. She said, he said. And who do the authorities tend to believe? 

24 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

So what your saying is the assault was her fault.

Kinda like a girl dressed scantily that gets raped.... was asking for it because of the clothes she wore.

No i'm not saying it was her fault, but rightly or wrongly actions have consequences, The example you give is somewhat predictable,

How about if I, dressed as a wealthy white guy and walked around a predominantly black and notoriously violent neighbourhood at 2am.  Would I get attacked ? possibly   would it be my fault ?  partly of course, does that make it right ? of course not, Should I be surprised ? not really  Would I receive the unreserved support of the woke "community" lol I very much doubt it 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

So what your saying is the assault was her fault.

Kinda like a girl dressed scantily that gets raped.... was asking for it because of the clothes she wore.

There is a big difference between "asking for it" and bringing yourself in a dangerous situation.

Let me try to explain it again: Why do sex workers often wear sexy short skirts and maybe stockings and high heels? Because lots of guys get horny when they see women with clothes like that.

And obviously women know that.

So if a women want's to avoid that guys think she is available what do those women do? They don't wear short skirts and stockings and high heels and walk at night on the streets.

It's not so difficult to understand this connection.

Is every woman who wears such thing a prostitute? No. But does she run the risk that horny guys who are maybe also drunk misinterpret her. Sure!

wp5271011.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

But what if the civilian also works...... like the lady in question works as a dance instructor.

Is not a working girl ?

I think you need to drop this whole civilian/working girl <deleted> and call the sex worker a sex worker.

"working girl" is a ridiculous pc term that as usual fails to describe properly.  A  bit like "rest room "    Whore or prostitute would be more down to earth and to the point