Any problem when stop using visa agent?

A post commenting on moderation has been removed.

Forum rule.

13. You will not publicly comment on moderation in an open forum. You will not comment on actions taken by individual moderators or on specific or general policies and issues. You will not post a negative emoticon in response to a public notice made by a moderator. You may send a private message to a moderator to discuss individual actions or you can email support (at) aseannow.com to discuss moderation policy. Aggression or abuse against moderators is not tolerated and any such action will be sanctioned. There is no excuse for abuse.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A post commenting on moderation has been removed.

Forum rule.

I want to send a private message to a moderator.  How is that done?  I want to understand why the post was removed.  thank you.

Edited by LatPhrao
added information

6 minutes ago, LatPhrao said:

How is that done?

It is the same as sending  a PM to any other member.

Edit: FYI I have looked at your post and it was certainly inflammatory and it certainly deserved to be removed.

Edited by ubonjoe

On 9/9/2022 at 8:40 AM, Andre0720 said:

Oh come on now...

This fellow was finally able to come back here to his wife, after waiting for an opportunity, and a flight...

How about Io trying a bit more compassion and understanding for a change.....

yes, aseannow the hub of compassion ????

• Like 1

19 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

I believe it is the change from marriage to another extension.  I was required to have my wife visit immigration when made the change from marriage to retirement.  Reason given is joint property laws of Thailand they need spouse to know that a change has been made and (partner may be planning an exit?).  As travel made wife ill (main reason changing) they would accept doctors certificate if she unable attend - wife made the trip and don't believe they even spoke to her.  

maybe... thanks for the info

I have a question related to using a agent for an extension this year and not using an agent next year for the renewal?

I am been asking advises in another thread before about my sister: she has been using an agent for the last few year to get her retirement extension from her initial Non O because she didn't have the 800k.

Last time, about few months ago, the agent first told her that it might not possible this time to get her extension renewed due to some changes in Phuket immigration. I was ready to transfer 800k in bank account and arrange a trip for her in Vietnam to apply for a Non O and have a fresh restart. However, at the last minute, the agent confirmed that the issue was solved and she know have a new extension.

For matter of precaution, i did transfer anyway 800k to her bank account and advise her that next year, she should proceed directly with immigration for her extension (I am concerned about eventual crackdown on agent).

My questions are:

- she has now already 800k in her bank account that will remain untouched for the purpose of extension. Will she need anyway to re-apply for a Non O in an Embassy?

- the 800k was transfered from my account in Thailand to her account in Thailand. Is it a problem? Does it need to come from abroad?

Thanks

10 minutes ago, jphasia said:

I have a question related to using a agent for an extension this year and not using an agent next year for the renewal?

I am been asking advises in another thread before about my sister: she has been using an agent for the last few year to get her retirement extension from her initial Non O because she didn't have the 800k.

Last time, about few months ago, the agent first told her that it might not possible this time to get her extension renewed due to some changes in Phuket immigration. I was ready to transfer 800k in bank account and arrange a trip for her in Vietnam to apply for a Non O and have a fresh restart. However, at the last minute, the agent confirmed that the issue was solved and she know have a new extension.

For matter of precaution, i did transfer anyway 800k to her bank account and advise her that next year, she should proceed directly with immigration for her extension (I am concerned about eventual crackdown on agent).

My questions are:

- she has now already 800k in her bank account that will remain untouched for the purpose of extension. Will she need anyway to re-apply for a Non O in an Embassy?

- the 800k was transfered from my account in Thailand to her account in Thailand. Is it a problem? Does it need to come from abroad?

Thanks

There should be no problem doing the next extension if the 800k is now in her account, she will be applying for an extension of existing stay, not a new O visa. The money doesn't need to come from abroad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, jphasia said:

My questions are:

Thanks

For extensions the money does not need to come from abroad.

For a non O obtained in Thailand money needs to come from abroad.

If your sister can show 800k in bank from date of current extension till date of application for next extension she can do it herself no need for agent

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

There should be no problem doing the next extension if the 800k is now in her account, she will be applying for an extension of existing stay, not a new O visa. The money doesn't need to come from abroad.

Thanks for the clarifications

22 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

For extensions the money does not need to come from abroad.

For a non O obtained in Thailand money needs to come from abroad.

If your sister can show 800k in bank from date of current extension till date of application for next extension she can do it herself no need for agent

Thanks!

8 minutes ago, jphasia said:

Thanks!

Just to add (for others in similar situation) 

If change away from using agent is required and the money has not been in bank for previous 12 months.... then you could exit Thailand and return obtaining a new non O retirement.

Note in this example you would need show funds came from abroad.

A way around this is to obtain the non O outside of Thailand one example Vientiane.

Then season the funds for two months and obtain the 12 month extension. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

If change away from using agent is required and the money has not been in bank for previous 12 months.... then you could exit Thailand and return obtaining a new non O retirement.

A way around this is to obtain the non O outside of Thailand one example Vientiane.

A further note for those applying for the Non O at Immigration. They prefer clear proof that the money has come from abroad. However, if you can show that the money has already been in the account many months, they will often waive the requirement that the money came from abroad. It depends on the immigration office you use, but my impression is that they normally will. The logic around this is simple. They want to prevent people from being able to take out a two-day loan to get the visa, but people will often want to apply for the visa a few days after entering the country. If the money has been in your account continuously for several months already, it is obvious that you are not playing games with a short-term loan.

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Oh! Then it might be an issue if the immigration is picky.

The extension of my sister was due on the 12 August. As the renewal was finally secured by the agent, i transfered 400k to her bank account around 20th August and another 400k first week of Sept.

So she might need to get a new Non O next year and I might have to transfer 800k from abroad instead at least 2 months before?

16 minutes ago, jphasia said:

Oh! Then it might be an issue if the immigration is picky.

The extension of my sister was due on the 12 August. As the renewal was finally secured by the agent, i transfered 400k to her bank account around 20th August and another 400k first week of Sept.

So she might need to get a new Non O next year and I might have to transfer 800k from abroad instead at least 2 months before?

The rules for money in bank method are

800k+ 2 months prior to application then maintained at 800k+ for next 3 months then can be reduced to 400k+ and then back up to 800k 2 months prior to next application for extension.

In your sisters case the io will look at bank book back to date of previous extension and want to  see 800k from that date maintained for 3 months etc as outlined above. 

Edited by DrJack54

On 9/8/2022 at 5:06 AM, problemfarang said:

hi,

i was using an agency too. And same as you i left the country and came back to thailand in May. i was using my Non-o marriage visa via agency. But when i was coming back i got my Non-b for work.

when i went to ChangWattana IO, every paper was ok. she was almost about to give me the visa then suddenly she stopped and ask me if i have my wife ID and marriage certificate with me. Now, the problem is i was divorced and i was still on my non-o like 2 years before leaving the country, lol. So i asked her why need because i came here with non-b not non-o she said yes, but we need to connect visas because you left the country on non-o visa and came back with non-b. i have no idea what is the connection.. well, she asked me if i have photo of them on my phone i can print and give her. Lucky.. i had. i copy and gave her. She did everything in 5 min. seriously. then i asked her if i need my wife (didnt say ex) infos again in the next extension, she sais no. only 1 time. next i dont need it.

so why i told you this, i know yours was not marriage but just be ready for some small surprise. Hope you wont have any problem, good luck

Thanks for the info. That does appear to be just an(other) IO making things up as they are entitled to do. "Connecting" visas with a photo of the (former) Thai partner?

• Like 1