90 day report blues....or maybe not?

I have none of this stress, no worrying about their stupid site that apparently was set up by an IT idiot, no sweating it out about maybe I'll cop a 2000Bt fine down the track. Once every 3 months I pop into Imm and do it myself. I live far from the (Korat) Imm office, about 50km, but it takes me 5-10 minutes to do the 90 day report and then we're off to Makro & Lotus's & WishCo for shopping. Often the old fashioned way is best. 

11 hours ago, newnative said:

But, I did get it.  Love doing it on-line and hope it keeps working.

Sure. If I know I'll get it sooner or later, without getting a fine, no problem. But I'm worried about that wait going beyond the 7 day grace period. 

I think for that reason it's best to submit well before the due date.

11 hours ago, grain said:

I have none of this stress, no worrying about their stupid site that apparently was set up by an IT idiot, no sweating it out about maybe I'll cop a 2000Bt fine down the track. Once every 3 months I pop into Imm and do it myself. I live far from the (Korat) Imm office, about 50km, but it takes me 5-10 minutes to do the 90 day report and then we're off to Makro & Lotus's & WishCo for shopping. Often the old fashioned way is best. 

Fine. No problem. 50km is not too far, but nearly 200kms in an old pickup that uses a lot of gas isn't so great.

12 hours ago, grain said:

just used the site, it's fine. if you've never tried it how do you know if it's any good or not? ????

20 hours ago, Toolong said:

Hi,  calling all 90 day report experts!

My 90 day reporting was due the 12 September. (Or, by the 12 Sep.)

Gotta an email reminder from immigration a few weeks back.

I usually submit an online report about a week before the due date. 

For whatever reason, I did not do that this time and I submitted my report early (9am) on the morning of the 12 Sep, which was the due date.

I did it online, using my android phone. I got a 'success' message and they sent me a tm47 document to me by email to acknowledge that my report was received. 

So what is my problem? Well, the last two times I did an online report, they sent the final notification - with the due date of my next report - to me very, very quickly....like 1 hour or 2 hours. (Yes, I know that is unusually quick, maybe!)

It is now a whole day & a half later. So my main query is: because I did my report ON the day the 90 days ended, and not BEFORE that date, does that mean that I may actually have to go in person? For any reason...that I am not aware of?

I know my report was already accepted & received. And they did not send me any message to say that have to report in person. So logically, no reason to worry, right? Just wait for them to send that final notice. Call me paranoid, but I have a strong, intuitive sense that the final notice/slip with my next due date, to my email inbox......is not coming, for some reason! ????

I live FAR from the Korat immigration, trying to phone them is a waste of time, and by my calculation I have until Friday to go there in person IF I HAVE TO, (during the 7 day grace period), after which I have to pay a 2000 baht fine. So if for some reason I have to go in person, I'd sooner pay 1000 baht gas money now (my old pickup drinks like a fish!), than 3000 baht later!

Of course, I would rather pay nothing at all. 

Here is an extract from the online 90 day report user manual which says wait for "about" 3 days for the immigration officer to check and approve your report.

Image1.jpg

Full manual located here 

https://tm47.immigration.go.th/manual/IndexForeign.html

Edited by Mutt Daeng

1 hour ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Here is an extract from the online 90 day report user manual which says wait for "about" 3 days for the immigration officer to check and approve your report.

Image1.jpg

Full manual located here 

https://tm47.immigration.go.th/manual/IndexForeign.html

Thanks for sending that screenshot & link, Mutt Daeng.

It's the first time I've seen it officially stated as such. (Although it's kind of what most people have been saying about their experiences of waiting. My waiting period last time I did it was about 25 minutes! So maybe that's given me the misleading idea that 2 days is a bad sign?)

Cheers. ????????

11 minutes ago, Toolong said:

Sure. If I know I'll get it sooner or later, without getting a fine, no problem. But I'm worried about that wait going beyond the 7 day grace period. 

I think for that reason it's best to submit well before the due date.

Yes.  I've been getting a reminder email telling me my 90 day renewal is coming up.  If you do it on-line when you get the reminder, you should still have time to go in person if a problem comes up.

1 hour ago, Toolong said:

Thanks for sending that screenshot & link, Mutt Daeng.

It's the first time I've seen it officially stated as such. (Although it's kind of what most people have been saying about their experiences of waiting. My waiting period last time I did it was about 25 minutes! So maybe that's given me the misleading idea that 2 days is a bad sign?)

Cheers. ????????

I'm pretty sure it has to be received, checked and replied to by the Immigration office you deal with.

In my case Pathum Thani. 

So it's up to someone there to process it (ie. Not done by a robot computer ). 

But as mentioned, when it gets close to deadline, I shoot them off a polite email enquiring about its progress. 

Usually get the Approved email in a couple of hours. 

PT office is only a 15 minute drive (in normal traffic) but that office and the roads can be crowded and busy.

No thanks, I'll stick with Online,but as DrJack has suggested, do it immediately after receiving the reminder email. 

Hope your approval has come through ?

3 hours ago, newnative said:

Yes.  I've been getting a reminder email telling me my 90 day renewal is coming up.  If you do it on-line when you get the reminder, you should still have time to go in person if a problem comes up.

Agreed.

1 hour ago, orchidfan said:

I'm pretty sure it has to be received, checked and replied to by the Immigration office you deal with.

In my case Pathum Thani. 

But as mentioned, when it gets close to deadline, I shoot them off a polite email enquiring about its progress. 

PT office is only a 15 minute drive (in normal traffic) but that office and the roads can be crowded and busy.

No thanks, I'll stick with Online,but as DrJack has suggested, do it immediately after receiving the reminder email. 

Thanks for yhat.

Query: how do you email them? All the messages I've got state that the receiver should not attempt to reply.

Do you just email the email address of Pathum Thani IO, assuming there is one people can use?

(I hope my query doesn't sound silly, but I have never tried contacting the Korat IO, thinking that it wasn't an option. Contacting by phone has also proved fruitless.)

20 hours ago, Toolong said:

Thanks for clarifying. ????

Not at all.

But ironically it the OL report worked for me today. The very long thread on this topic has been useful as it lead me to provide minimal information: no given or middle name, no TM6, no stay end date... I also entered "not available" for the street/lane name. And I am good until December. Not that the Buriram office be unpleasant, but I prefer to carry out such formality from my living room.

Thanks to all.

21 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

What a load of hassle. I always go in person for both 90 day report and extensions of stay, and over many years have never had any problems. 

Well congratulations for you!

Many people have to travel for 4 hours for each visit so the online system is welcomed.

Personally the one line system has functioned well for me each time after the first that was a little more complex.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

????  I'm glad my immi office is 14 k down some nice empty country roads to do my 90day. 

Tried 90day online and just didn't feel at ease with the process and needing a printer etc. 

No printer required, just save the documents on your mobile device.

Last month I did my 90 day report online like I always do.  Like the OP I received an email notice that it was received.  I usually get an approval notice the next day with a pdf showing the next due date.  This time, like the OP, I did not receive the approval notice.  After 2 days I logged in and checked status and I could see that it was approved so I downloaded the pdf.  There must be a glitch in the system.

1 hour ago, Resident Alien said:

It's good of you to find this out for me, thanks!

I tried to find an email address on the internet but no luck. ????

This is useful. Thank you. ????

3 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

No printer required, just save the documents on your mobile device.

Fair call but like I say is it nice ride out and not far,  and the guy there likes the small bottle of black label Johny Walker I give him. ????

8 hours ago, orchidfan said:

In my case Pathum Thani. 

Just the question i was about to ask, so it goes to the immigration office that deals with the address you provide on the application ? i submitted mine 2 days ago and it is saying status pending 

2 minutes ago, LoeiI said:

Just the question i was about to ask, so it goes to the immigration office that deals with the address you provide on the application ? i submitted mine 2 days ago and it is saying status pending 

Some offices are fast, others not so much. As you can see by my posting mine is quick.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Some offices are fast, others not so much. As you can see by my posting mine is quick.

And some offices may be either fast or slow ????.....depending on.........(well, anyone who's worked in an office will know! Efficiency levels can be great today...& turn to ratsh*t tomorrow,....then back to good, because of this or that....)

But glad your local IO is on the ball......for now. ????????

On 9/13/2022 at 7:36 PM, grain said:

Once every 3 months I pop into Imm and do it myself. I live far from the (Korat) Imm office

They have postal option, which is way better than visiting an immi office. 

Maybe youre a Billionaire with tons of money to spend on fuel.

9 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

My office has been fast for the last 3 years, so the for now is not so likely to change in the near term

I'm sure it will continue to be efficient and so on - hope so - but (cliche alert!)...things can change. 

Such is life. ???? 

On 9/13/2022 at 2:01 PM, Toolong said:

'Sunday evening'? That's strange.

But then........Jomtien can be a strange place! 

But I get your point. One never knows when it might come. ????

Every immigration office handles things in its own manner, especially regarding 90-day reporting. Which is why it's good to identify the office one is dealing with when raising an issue or asking a question.

On 9/13/2022 at 1:27 PM, Toolong said:

Ubonjoe, I did check my status online.

As you'll know, on the chart of information that they show, there are 4 columns, 'Cancel', 'tm47', 'Notification of Receipt' and 'Date'.

The tm47 pdf is there and the date too. 

The 'Notification of Receipt' column is empty.

Now, in the 'Cancel' column , there is a big red 'X'. 

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but does the X mean it is NOT cancelled, or does it mean it IS cancelled?

When looking at the 'checking status' page the column to the right, last one, will give you the status of your submission(s).

For your latest one, do you see PENDING in that column? If you have submitted a report, received the email letting you know that submission was received, then you should see some status of that submission. Either PENDING, REJECTED or APPROVED.

Seeing as you have not mentioned that, I wonder if you did indeed, unfortunately, cancel the submission when you hit that 'X' mark. If you couldn't see anything with PENDING, my guess is your submission is not there. 

It's Thursday now, why don't you attempt another 'fresh' submission, and see what happens today? If nothing happens you could go to the office tomorrow to do it in person. 

Actually, you could go in on Monday the 19th and be within the 7-day grace period. So submit a fresh report today, now, and hold tight for today, if you'd rather go to the office tomorrow. Or hold on through the weekend and go in on Monday if you don't get approved by over the weekend.

Submit a fresh one today, and who knows, maybe you could get approved by the evening.

Edited by rwilem
Spell