Public should not worry about new Omicron subvariants: DMSC

webfact

1 hour ago, Photoguy21 said:

I didn't worry about SARS or Covid and I very much doubt if i will lose sleep over these variants.

Coincidence that, chatting with a pal who just got over a bout of Covid.... and he says his remaining symptom is a problem sleeping!

14 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Coincidence that, chatting with a pal who just got over a bout of Covid.... and he says his remaining symptom is a problem sleeping!

Everyone is different. I never worry about these things and I have worked in places where Covid would be the least of your worries.

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Covid is old news. I was in the UK last week for a holiday and there were no masks, no talk of Covid, no concerns of catching it, life back to normal.

Coming back to Thailand and having to mask up was a real pain. It feels like they're about a year behind and they look quite foolish to be honest having spent a week over there. It seems they just can't let it go.

No need to mask up anymore. I was in the same situation like you (summer holidays in Europe,  enjoying normal life and back last week) not willing to wear a mask anymore, expect on public transportation or in super crowded places. Couldn’t care less what locals think of me as „dirty farang“ or whatever. They  can happily continue to wear their mask forever while walking alone on the street, but also respect my personal decision.

Edited by SpanishExpat
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, NorthernRyland said:

With all due respect to the Thai's, given their nature to conform they don't seem to know how to break the cycle where if they take the mask off it's ONLY them now, standing alone against a sea of masked faces. It's just not in the spirit of the people here to go against the tide like that. Good luck to them I hope they can get out of this sooner than later. ????

No, the Thais, if anything, are great rule breakers. But they are more inclined to do what is good for the group, rather than the Western self centered approach. They are not standing alone, that is nonsense,  other countries still retain mask wearing... .  Don't let it worry you.... 

23 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

No, the Thais, if anything, are great rule breakers. But they are more inclined to do what is good for the group, rather than the Western self centered approach. They are not standing alone, that is nonsense,  other countries still retain mask wearing... .  Don't let it worry you.... 

Actually, its a fact that swimming against the stream is simply not being encouraged in the thai society. Same as thinking out of the box or critical thinking in general. Thats why the Elite can stay Elite in this country.

True, that Thailand is not the only country left with the mask. However, I am quite sure, if the leaders would officially stop wearing masks and announce that publicly, the mask situation would change in a few days to max 2 weeks. But with the current "up to you" situation they just follow the leaders.

Edited by SpanishExpat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Covid is old news. I was in the UK last week for a holiday and there were no masks, no talk of Covid, no concerns of catching it, life back to normal.

Coming back to Thailand and having to mask up was a real pain. It feels like they're about a year behind and they look quite foolish to be honest having spent a week over there. It seems they just can't let it go.

Where did you have to mask up?  I can only think of Govt buildings and immigration at the airport.  I never wear a mask anywhere in Bangkok.  Not the streets, BTS, malls, restaurants, taxi, anywhere.

• Like 1

It's not over, especially for the old farts (and I know I'm not the only one on here). If you catch it and recover it turns out you've still significantly increased your chances of dementia.

Risk factor for developing Alzheimer's disease increases by 50-80% in older adults who caught COVID-19

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2022/09/220913140850.htm

Edited by Paradise Pete
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, edogthong said:

Those of us who've been saying not to worry from the start and were told that we were crazy conspiracy theorists who should shut up and get vaccinated still haven't received our apologies. I'm talking to YOU, 95% of the members in here. It's time to own up to your mistakes. 

Amen.

• Like 1