Non-immigrant "O" Multiple entry visa 90 days

An acquaintance claims, that he has just received a Non-immigrant "O" Multiple entry visa 90 days for Thailand.

Does such a visa really exist ?

I thought, that a non-immigrant "O" were always single entry.

24 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

No.

No such thing as a 90 day multiple entry visa.

12 month multiple entry visas are issued in Savannaket but most other places will issue single entry visas 

Perhaps your friend could post a picture of his visa.

I already asked him to do that, but he wouldn't. ????

That is why I got suspicious.....

Edited by North
removing spaces

13 hours ago, North said:

I thought, that a non-immigrant "O" were always single entry.

Not the case, there has been a multi entry Non O in various types for long enough. I spent my first 6 years here full time on MEs, forced on to an extension in 2014 when my passport got caught up in the UK fiasco,

I got another at HCMC in Dec 2019, managed a border bounce just as the pandemic started but again forced on to a 12 month extension in the May when I couldn't leave the country.

In recent years they have become less readily available.

45 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Not the case, there has been a multi entry Non O in various types for long enough. I spent my first 6 years here full time on MEs, forced on to an extension in 2014 when my passport got caught up in the UK fiasco,

I got another at HCMC in Dec 2019, managed a border bounce just as the pandemic started but again forced on to a 12 month extension in the May when I couldn't leave the country.

In recent years they have become less readily available.

I have one in 2019 from Thai embassy in The Netherlands. You can stay one year but have to make every time a (90 days) trip to a border and come back with the ME. If you use it one time and ask for an extension for retirement or marriage one have to show up every 90 days at immigration. If you go abroad one have to buy a re-entry permit, the ME is not valid enymore. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Yes, valid for one year and with 90-days stay at each entry...????

Well, if it exists, I think, it is called something else.

On the official website regarding E-visa I think, they call it a Long Stay Visa, but there is no mentioning of it being a multiple entry visa.

https://thaievisa.go.th/

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

As I stated earlier.

Your friend most likely is referring to a ME non O based on marriage.

That visa is valid for 12 months and allows entries that are given a 90 day stamp.

No mystery. 

Yes, I read what you wrote, but I don't like to be guessing.

But I suppose, the "ME" stands for multiple entry ?

And can you tell me, where to get such a visa ?

This acquaintance, that I am referring to, is based in Sweden, and the thai embassy there directs you to the E-visa page, I linked to earlier.

Can you find "your" visa there ?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, North said:

Yes, I read what you wrote, but I don't like to be guessing.

But I suppose, the "ME" stands for multiple entry ?

And can you tell me, where to get such a visa ?

This acquaintance, that I am referring to, is based in Sweden, and the thai embassy there directs you to the E-visa page, I linked to earlier.

Not interested.

The multi entry non O is available in a few countries.

Certainly not all 

Even in nearby countries some consulates provide that visa and some do not.

In Laos that visa is available in Savannakhet but not Vientiane.

It's available in HCMC.

Think Phnom Penh only provide single entry non O valid for 90 days.

Anyway ....the point of the thread? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, North said:

The e visa site main page may not show the multiple entry option. It will require starting a application to find the multiple entry option since not all embassies and official consulates will issue a multiple entry visa.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, North said:

On the official website regarding E-visa I think, they call it a Long Stay Visa, but there is no mentioning of it being a multiple entry visa.

Nope, it's called "non-immigrant O multiple entry", but not many embassies announce it. A friend just checked last week with the Royal Thai Embassy in Copenhagen, they has it, but they don't list it; howver, they have it on their visa fee price list. I've had a couple of that visa earlier...????

13 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Nope, it's called "non-immigrant O multiple entry",

What I posted very early.

"He could possibly mean a ME non O that allows stays of 90 days.

That visa is valid for 12 months"

However OP persisted with questions. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

The e visa site main page may not show the multiple entry option. It will require starting a application to find the multiple entry option since not all embassies and official consulates will issue a multiple entry visa.

@ubonjoe  Is this ME option ONLY based on marriage, or can single people over a certain age apply? If the latter I'd be very interested - I'm in UK, by the way.

15 minutes ago, VBF said:

@ubonjoe  Is this ME option ONLY based on marriage, or can single people over a certain age apply? If the latter I'd be very interested - I'm in UK, by the way.

Good question.

There was a really good fella on AseanNow that generally was spot on.

He often stated that Savannakhet provided a ME Non O based on retirement.

However I have never read a report to support that. 

1 hour ago, VBF said:

My latest NON-O ME is issued AUGUST 2021 in The Netherlands. At that time the E-visa was not available. 

But it should be the choice below but as soon the extension is issued the ME is not valid anymore.

1. Visiting or staying with family residing in Thailand (more than 60 days)
    • VISA TYPE: Non-immigrant O Visa (90 days stay)
    • FEE:
      • 70 EUR for single entry (3 months validity)
      • 175 EUR for multiple entry (1 year validity with maximum stay of 90 days per 1 entry)
    • REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
      1. Passport
      2. Applicant's photo (pasfoto) taken within the last 6 months
      3. Declaration (download  HERE )
      4. Financial evidence eg bank statement, proof of earnings, sponsorship letter
        • The submitted financial evidence must be able to show sufficient means of subsistence for a person to stay abroad . The recommended minimum amount is 1,000 EUR/30 days of stay in Thailand.
      5. Personal details of a family in Thailand eg Thai ID card or Thai passport, OR  non-Thai passport and stay permit in Thailand
      6. Proof of accommodation in Thailand eg accommodation booking, invitation letter from family in Thailand, etc.
      7. Proof of relationship to a family in Thailand eg marriage certificate, birth certificate, adoption certificate
      8. Letter from your spouse indicating that you both are still married and your spouse acknowledges your visit to Thailand 
      9. Dutch passport or Dutch resident permit
      10. Passport page(s) which contain international travel records for the past 12 months
      11. Proof of your current residency eg Dutch passport, Dutch resident permit, utility bill, etc. 
      12. Picture of applicant holding the photo and info page of the applicant's passport
      13. Travel plan for Non-Immigrant (ONLY for multiple entries) (download HERE )
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, North said:

Others have fully explained the multiple entry Non O visas. Just to save you going down a possible dead end, the "long stay" visa is the Non O-A. It is highly unlikely you want to use this visa (even if aged over 50) because of the insurance requirement. It is a multiple entry visa, providing a one-year permission to stay each time you enter Thailand before the expiry date of the visa.