In Your Opinion: What's the best place for living in Thailand?

22 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

So you aren't American after all. Great breakfast, very high protein.

Not a good tea, tea is a good tea.

NO!

I am no American.

Call me a Keck, any morning.

Because, I eat just one jar of this, in the mornings, to keep me fit.

For breakfast, this is the worst Keck you ever might taste.

I will never buy it again.

Terrible flavor, but what would you expect from ....where?

image.thumb.jpeg.d1e32f983959583858ed49c2d48019a0.jpeg

Try it.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

So your a drinker and a carouser who needs a social life...good on ya mate.  Enjoy being propped up in the corner next to the Wurlitzer.

LOL. Not all of us need to drink to excess.  I like to experience good things without being in an alcoholic haze.

Need a social life- yes, but there's nothing around here that even approximates the Thailand scene, so missing it. If I even look at a young woman here they'd probably call the thought police on me.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

NO!

I am no American.

Call me a Keck, any morning.

Because, I eat just one jar of this, in the mornings, to keep me fit.

For breakfast, this is the worst Keck you ever might taste.

I will never buy it again.

Terrible flavor, but what would you expect from ....where?

image.thumb.jpeg.d1e32f983959583858ed49c2d48019a0.jpeg

Try it.

IMHO,,,

Anyplace where this is not is a good place for me.

Each to his own.

Anywhere works with me, as long as it's not in the main business/congested districts.  Now, I would avoid living anywhere, Hua Hin or above, due to 4 to 6 months of air pollution.

Houses built in very rural areas, but 5 to 20 minutes away from whatever is needed or wanted.

Fresh air most of the year, go South.  Swimmable beaches half the year, Andaman Sea side, but choose wisely.  Gulf is nice to look at, but that's about it, with few exceptions.

Nightlife is everywhere, just depends how prejudice you are if you'll enjoy the shared company at said venues.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

To each there own views. Pattaya is for those wanting a night lifeand like the bar scene, yet HH has a nightlife scene if one wants it. HH is for those of us who like to chill and relax. Great beaches out towards Pranburi near our house. Of course having the condo in BKK as well gives options for weekends out if wanted.

Great lifestyle. HH is a nice town. Not too busy, plenty of shopping, good food, enough nightlife, great beaches to the south, some nice rural areas within an hour, etc.

If and when they start using the airport for more domestic and regional flights, it will be even better. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Are those strange things that look like waffles hash browns? Too small for me, as I like my hash browns large size and at least 3 of them. Also, no fried onion and only 3 mushrooms is taking the p.....

Swap the tomato for black pudding.

23 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I like to experience good things while being a bit fuzzy.

In the day, 2-3 wine coolers, at night 0.5gm of MJ.

Happy to do both in my CM home as I already have an attractive enough woman in my bed every night.

The newly arrived single guy needs to surround himself with women and entertainment for at least his first year here (Pattaya). Then he can move somewhere quieter with the new love of his life (Hua Hin or Chiang Mai).  

Note to n00bs ........

No capital expenditure in your first 2 years (beyond a scooter).

The car/house/condo/farm can wait a while.

The women are THE most overrated thing in this country.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Are you joking?

Any place in Thailand is good IF there are no worms like there are in America.

Also, no movies in Thailand, for idiots, which is a good thing, too.

"Any place in Thailand is good IF there are no worms like there are in America"

These are an expensive delicacy in my GF's village, although not as big as Aussie witchetty grubs. Apparently they grow in bamboo.

A Chiang rai condo and my GF's village is all I want or need.

villagefood1.jpg

I’ve lived here 11 years and I’ve been to many of the places the people here have talked about or mentioned for me I like living in Chiangmai and when burning season starts how do you spell your month or two in the islands or traveling elsewhere where the air is good to bring for me Chiang Mai has everything many cultural things many different types of restaurants and I live about 20 minutes outside the city on a dead-end street in a very quiet area a gated community I find my life has been very relaxing and enjoyable TIT

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

i prefer BKK.  i like living w/o a car or moto.  easy to get around walking and using BTS/MRT.  i tried pattaya and phuket  and the transport options weren't great.  the beaches weren't very clean.  and alot of 'hawkers and scammers' there, in my face all the time.  i don't get that much in BKK, maybe more than i do when i spend time in buriram.  but a hell of alot less than pattaya and phuket (patong, kata).

21 minutes ago, buick said:

i prefer BKK.  i like living w/o a car or moto.  easy to get around walking and using BTS/MRT.  i tried pattaya and phuket  and the transport options weren't great.  the beaches weren't very clean.  and alot of 'hawkers and scammers' there, in my face all the time.  i don't get that much in BKK, maybe more than i do when i spend time in buriram.  but a hell of alot less than pattaya and phuket (patong, kata).

That reminds me of a friend contacting me saying he had been to Thailand and he said he thought it was a great place.

Me... Oh right how many places did you go to in Thailand.

Ans... We stayed in Pattaya. ????????

• Haha 2

On 9/19/2022 at 10:19 AM, Peterw42 said:

I have lived all over and ended up in Pattaya (the last place I thought I would live).

For me, its got a bit of everything, Bangkok type urban city without the Bangkok price tag, a couple of ks from the city centre there are nice beaches, rural villages, islands. You can be part of the tourist universe, or part of normal Thai living. Expat, sexpat, tourist, quiet life, busy party life. 500 baht a day or 5,000 baht a day.

Whatever lifestyle you seek, you can find it in or around Pattaya, An hour from BKK and all the infrastructure and all the lifestyle choices.

Its unfortunate, but most of the commentary focuses on the sex tourism side of things but never mentions the other side if things.

i suppose i get bit of both house near the town in phetchabun   mountains ..jungle good family place ..go to my condo once month catch  up with the old fellas for a few cold ones ..good life

27 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

That reminds me of a friend contacting me saying he had been to Thailand and he said he thought it was a great place.

People never been ask me whats to do in Thailand? Anything apart from meeting women 555

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

That's not unusual, many people have only been to Pattaya. I actually avoided Pattaya for 15 years and instead travelled round Thailand and other countries, funny for me that i now live there

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

A friend of mine many many years ago said Tourists to Thailand take 5 years to discover the real Thailand. The first trip is to Bangkok. The second to Phuket. The third Trip to Chiang Mai. The fourth trip to Ayutthaya, the the fifth trip to rural Issan or the deep south. Of course if they had 10 weeks to visit at one time they could do it all once and add in Pattaya and Hua Hin.  In the end however, home is what you make of it and how you want to live.  Many rent for a few years in locations before determining where they want to be.  It would be a mistake to decide you want to be in just one place without travelling and buying a condo or a home in that first location.  

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. Not all of us need to drink to excess.  I like to experience good things without being in an alcoholic haze.

Need a social life- yes, but there's nothing around here that even approximates the Thailand scene, so missing it. If I even look at a young woman here they'd probably call the thought police on me.

Nz is bottom of world.

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

A friend of mine many many years ago said Tourists to Thailand take 5 years to discover the real Thailand. The first trip is to Bangkok. The second to Phuket. The third Trip to Chiang Mai. The fourth trip to Ayutthaya, the the fifth trip to rural Issan or the deep south. Of course if they had 10 weeks to visit at one time they could do it all once and add in Pattaya and Hua Hin.  In the end however, home is what you make of it and how you want to live.  Many rent for a few years in locations before determining where they want to be.  It would be a mistake to decide you want to be in just one place without travelling and buying a condo or a home in that first location.  

I did isaan year 2. Must be 3 years ahead of curve.