Pattaya deputy mayor inspects often-ignored wheelchair lane

snoop1130

7 minutes ago, steve187 said:

I fail to see why the Condo management/operator is to blame, some of the parking may be by some of the condo owners, but what enforcement would they be able legally to perform

The condo could issue a memo to residents warning them, and from then on, it is up to the vehicle owners to suffer the consequences.... but therein lies the issue...the won't be any. The condo does not own the street here. 

• Like 2

Shame they didn't check the part further up towards but before Big C and before the entrance to the Father Ray centre. There is a fairly new small Chang distribution warehouse on that side of the road and at lunchtime yesterday a fully loaded flatbed lorry was parked up outside it completely blocking not just the wheelchair lane but half the road.

That particular stretch regularly has cars parked on it.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

a group of Pattaya police, Pattaya media, and officials led by Deputy Mayor Wuthisak Rermkijakarn went to inspect the scene

I bet there was a lot of pointing but of course no action, particularly by the police.  How easy can it be; a big plastic notice saying 'any bikes here tomorrow will be confiscated.'  It's the same with speeding/red light running; cameras identify the culprits; police leave their offices to do their job.

• Like 1

I'm confused. If this lane is on private land (Condo ownership) under what law can it be policed by the municipality?. If the condo committee provided the lane for their disabled residents they are responsible to police it. Just erect a low fence to prevent motorcycles from parking......????

• Like 1