Any advantage for a foreigner to register his name in the Thai Registration Book (Blue Tabien Baan)?

57 minutes ago, scorecard said:

My red police book does show my full address and when I moved to the current location the polite pleasant and organized policeman (spoke enough English) asked me to complete a 'personal profile sheet' in English, including full address, then asked my Thai son to add the same details in Thai.

On further inspection, my red police book does indeed show my address. It was tucked away on one of the pages towards the back of the book with many unused pages before it.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 9/24/2022 at 7:41 PM, Boomer6969 said:

Well, they take copies of my wife's blue book and of  my yellow book, both showing the same address. This is the Buriram office.

Now I have no idea what they do for those people who haven't got a yellow book. I thought everyone had one as it is a mere formality at Amphur.

Not quite true - foreigners who have a Lifetime Certificate or Residence (Permanent Residence - PR) are recorded in the standard dark blue Tabien Baan book - not in the yellow Tabien Baan. 

I have PR, my name is in the dark blue TB book. Many foreigners with PR have mentioned before that their name has been recorded in the dark blue TB book.

On 9/24/2022 at 7:48 AM, Bangkok Barry said:

They behave like this because Thailand still has the class and hierarchy system that my native UK had in the Middle Ages. Everyone is made to know their place on the ladder almost from birth, meaning that everyone in the country has to bow to a 'superior'. That often results in bullying, and when people in Thailand get a job with a uniform that gives them the opportunity to 'avenge' their bullying by bullying others.

Do not have rose tinted glasses about the situation in the UK a lot more recently than the Middle Ages. The class hierarchy was still very powerful at least as late as the 1950s. You are correct that these attitudes remain very strong in Thailand. If we want to live here, we need to acknowledge it and not fight it.