Giving 1 star to a restaurant in Muang Kao.

Kwasaki

49 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

I know where you're coming from but that makes review systems pointless.

Don't know as I can agree, if a restaurant gets almost all positive reviews it helps people who are thinking of going there.

It does become pointless when restaurant owners are generating fake positive reviews for themselves, and negative reviews for their competitors.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, JayClay said:

It's not a case of being sensitive. Rightly or wrongly (wrongly...) a 1 star review, especially for a new business, has serious implications on search rankings and customer outreach and it takes a lot of 5-star reviews to redress the balance.

While the owners reaction may have been over the top, your review was not justified (as you have since acknowledged, so fair play to you on that point, at least)

Seeing how much the rating upset him so is why I removed the 1 star rating. 

I really didn't think it was such a big deal and seeing as I wasn't going to go back again that alone would of been sufficient.

3 hours ago, KannikaP said:

You mentioned 'my pub/restaurant' in your OP and others giving the impression that you DID own one.

Chang is my beer but I don't own it. 

In OP I stated I was asked is this my restaurant replying no I am a friend of the family so I understand now they then knew where my legions were. 

41 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Chang is my beer but I don't own it. 

In OP I stated I was asked is this my restaurant replying no I am a friend of the family so I understand now they then knew where my legions were. 

Most likely to be ex friends now .

I wouldn't be surprised if the family waged a war against you now 

33 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Most likely to be ex friends now .

I wouldn't be surprised if the family waged a war against you now 

Strange you came across as someone who has been in Thailand a good while but that post says you know  absolutely nothing about having Thai friends. 

So many stupid men here.

• Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Well from my experience , if you have a serious disagreement with a Thai , they will tell all mutual friends and give their side of the story and  turn everyone against you and quite often  the Thais will side with other Thais and you will be ostracized  .

That is just my experience , no need to call me "stupid" , especially coming from a guy who makes a fuss about paying the going rate for a beer and wants 7/11 prices in new restaurants and posts about in on various forums 

You can't get out of your  ignorance with that post I really can't be bothered to explain to you the situation. 

You obviously have no idea about Thai friend relationships.

16 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

You can't get out of your  ignorance with that post I really can't be bothered to explain to you the situation. 

You obviously have no idea about Thai friend relationships.

Although I was speaking  about my personal experiences 

You may very well have close Thai friends who will side with you , I didn't ever get that close to any Thais , Thais who would side with me rather than a fellow Thai  .

Expect a few false rumours being spread about , about you 

• Haha 1

Reviews are increasingly worthless as quality standards converge in Thailand to a you get what you pay for-end point.

A 1000 baht room, an upscale hamburger, hole in the wall pad thai place -when was the last time you were really surprised with what you got -good or bad?

There are only the differences in my preferences (prefer diff burger bun, unsweet pad thai, some people want a chatty bartender), and reviews can be helpful in indicting if they will align -but can a green tea latte ever really be a 5* experience or a 1* one? "The BEST green tea latte in the history of the universe" reads as manic -and unreliable.

It's one of the reasons I don't bore myself by reviewing stuff. And mostly, these short flung down verdicts bore me rigid, like this guy's petty grudge does. He didn't even review, he spewed his anger with his useless 1* and left the world not one iota more informed.

He'd have to evolve a million years to be at the level of a " this pad thai needs more peanuts" ruminator on Trip Advisor.

• Haha 1

On 9/27/2022 at 1:23 PM, Kwasaki said:

and I went there once try to talk to the owner and got blanked,

Had he met you before ?

You got upset because someone didnt give you some attention ?

Maybe you have been in Thailand so long  that you need to take retribution if you think that you "lost face" ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Had he met you before ?

You got upset because someone didnt give you some attention ?

Maybe you have been in Thailand so long  that you need to take retribution if you think that you "lost face" ?

You are funny I give you 1 star for that post. ????

It wouldn't even occur to me that I was being blanked by a bartender.

That Frank Sinatra record where a stolid barkeep is washing out a glass and listening to my woes has got to be 70 years ago. One for my bay-bee, and one more for the road.

OP, as you get even older, interest in talking to you -such as it ever even was- will be dropping off even more sharply from now. You can't spite-review yourself out of dodging that inevitable bullet.

Edited by LaosLover
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LaosLover said:

He didn't even review, he spewed his anger with his useless 1* and left the world not one iota more informed.

To be fair, I think the OP has realised his mistake and corrected it by removing his 1* review. But yes, I agree that a review is worthless without a few words of explanation.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Lacessit said:

It does become pointless when restaurant owners are generating fake positive reviews for themselves,

Finally agree w/you... I went to a ribs place in CM because they had pages of amazing reviews... I was inflated in expectations and deflated w/the reality of the place... 

• Thumbs Up 1

The whole reviews system is plucked, anyway.

People generally only give 1 star and 5 star reviews, and 99% of the time neither is accurate.

I gave up leaving balanced reviews after an incident with a delivery service in another country. I left a 3 star review and got bombarded with messages and finally a phone call from them asking what was wrong and how they could improve.

Nothing was wrong, I said. 3 stars is above average. It's a good review!

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, LaosLover said:

Who's rushing to the internet to type, "that spag bolonaise was perfectly adequate"?

If that question is directed at me, then I don't know. I certainly felt no urgency in leaving a review but I was promoted to do so by the organisation and had nothing better to do at that time.

17 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

You are funny I give you 1 star for that post. ????

Take it back!!!!

meet me at the local 7-11 at 3 p.m.!!!!

wear a wife beater and don't hide the tattoos.

If you see an octagon with UFC on the side, you are in the right place....

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Iamfalang said:

Take it back!!!!

meet me at the local 7-11 at 3 p.m.!!!!

wear a wife beater and don't hide the tattoos.

If you see an octagon with UFC on the side, you are in the right place....

???? Which 7-11 there's two. 

What's wear a wife beater.? 

On 9/29/2022 at 11:10 AM, JayClay said:

If that question is directed at me, then I don't know. I certainly felt no urgency in leaving a review but I was promoted to do so by the organisation and had nothing better to do at that time.

Well if you gave a 1 star rating and wrote nothing you will get vilified by a few nutters on here. ????

Edited by Kwasaki

2 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Well if you gave a 1 star rating and wrote nothing you will get vilified by a few nutters on here. ????

The "nutters" on here thought his behaviour wasn't too clever , giving a bad one star review just because a Chang was more expensive that what 7/11 sells them for .  

Hardly "nutter" behaviour . laughing numerous times at posters posts on the other hand ?

• Like 1

On 9/27/2022 at 10:29 PM, Kwasaki said:

That's what my wife told me funny enough but I told her I don't care what he thinks.

Last fight I had was in UK 23 years ago when a guy said you married a packy I said no she is Thai he said there just the same. ????

Did you win. ????

• Thumbs Up 1