PEA and Solar how low can you go?

4 minutes ago, driver52 said:

superb, even with those panels at what 3800baht now, and the 1000VA at 3650......that's what 15k baht plus a few brackets and switches etc

that's less than £400 in uk money for a 1kw of power!!! I remember a mate of mine years ago paying like 14 grand for a 4kw system ????

For a bit of a reality check your 1kW system will generate about 3.6kWh of energy per day (dependent upon weather of course).

Definitely worth having of course.

• Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, driver52 said:

that's less than £400 in uk money for a 1kw of power!!! I remember a mate of mine years ago paying like 14 grand for a 4kw system ????

On a good day I am getting about 2-2.5 back spinning kW ????  from that, it helps but is no comparison to a real inverter.  

52 minutes ago, MJCM said:

On a good day I am getting about 2-2.5 back spinning kW ????  from that, it helps but is no comparison to a real inverter.  

real inverter? in France I was only using about 3kW/day.......even in 30+ degree summer no aircon needed in an old stone house, gas for cooking, logs for heating.....

bike for shopping.......the battery on one car went dead ????

4 minutes ago, MJCM said:

if you stay below 50 units usage for 3 months your subsequent bills would be 0 THB (if you stay under that)

as in use less than 50kWh/month? that would take some doing.......but maybe possible with a couple of panels to 'spread the load' lol

i had a 6kVA system, probably could have gone down to 3kVA.......the EU are normally a PITA but stuff like having hoovers that don't use too much leccy is one of their 'better ideas' methinks......shame about the noise pollution with those horrendous leaf blowers though....

2 hours ago, driver52 said:

superb, even with those panels at what 3800baht now, and the 1000VA at 3650......that's what 15k baht plus a few brackets and switches etc

Working without batteries?

Pink

47 minutes ago, Pink7 said:

Working without batteries?

Pink

yes, that GTI aka grid tie inverter we are on about just plugs into your electrical socket, I posted a pic in another thread.....'cheap solar'

if you want to go 'off-grid' Suoer also do an inverter for 4,500baht that'll charge some batteries for you....I'd be interested in seeing that work with some cheapish 'deep cycle' batteries

https://www.chinasuoer.com/products/Hybrid_Inverter/SON-1500VA.html

Screenshot from 2023-04-27 13-20-49.png

Edited by driver52
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Just a Heads UP

A while ago we bought the property next door it's on a Supply of 5/15.

Now if you have a 5/15 meter and you use less then 50 Units (kW) per month for a consecutive period of 3 months you don't have to pay.

To our surprise this month we had to pay even the usage in that house is only 12 Units (kW) per month for over 6-7 months.

So if you are on a 5/15 Supply and use less then 50 Units expect to have a bill to pay. It's not much (in our case only 3x THB) but just wondering if they maybe removed the <50 units free discount.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Just a Heads UP

A while ago we bought the property next door it's on a Supply of 5/15.

Now if you have a 5/15 meter and you use less then 50 Units (kW) per month for a consecutive period of 3 months you don't have to pay.

To our surprise this month we had to pay even the usage in that house is only 12 Units (kW) per month for over 6-7 months.

So if you are on a 5/15 Supply and use less then 50 Units expect to have a bill to pay. It's not much (in our case only 3x THB) but just wondering if they maybe removed the <50 units free discount.

What does the charge show as in the itemised section of the bill??

Or just post an image of the billing section ???? 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
9 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Ft should be down to .2048 now, so that helps a bit 🙂

Thx.

Ft was 16,18 (Yep 79 * .2048)

Total Bill was 318,24

But got a discount of 56,12 total to pay was only 262.12

Edit: According to my wife stated on the bill it said it was a discount regarding Ft (I guess regarding previous month)

Edited by MJCM

1 minute ago, MJCM said:

Thx. But in our Bill it was negative

Ft was 16,18

Total Bill was 318,24

But got a discount of 56,12 total to pay was only 262.12

Ft of .2048 * 79kWh = 16.18 Baht = what is on your bill 🙂 

Any indication what the 56.12 Baht discount was for?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crossy said:

Ft of .2048 * 79kWh = 16.18 Baht = what is on your bill 🙂 

Any indication what the 56.12 Baht discount was for?

I edited my Post.

You are spot on with Ft, the discount was (according to my wife) return money regarding Ft (maybe from previous month?)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Figures for billing period Oct - Nov are in (I haven't bothered with a fancy Excel Sheet yet :whistling: )

Solar produced 158 units

PEA bought 72 units. (For your info (Ft charge on the PEA bill was 0,20486 THB (per unit) (calculated by using Units used / Total Ft Rate on the bill)

I could have easily gone down to 0 (or minus 100 :biggrin:) on the PEA as our Solar, on the days that I turn on the Export, easily produces 20kW+. Highest Solar Daily production up till now, since install, is 19 kW but that was curtailed (export on at 10:30am and turned off at around 4pm(ish)).

That is IMHO not bad for a less then 5kW (Solar panels that is, to be precise  7 x 550W and 3 x 335W panels)

You might ask why such a "high" PEA usage, reason being we are slowly easing it down, last month PEA was 79 units (Solar 157 units) next month PEA will be 60ish and so on and on.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 4/22/2023 at 9:27 AM, gamb00ler said:

Our PEA bill is for a new house with 3 phase supply and a 10KW solar system.  We are not yet moved in so load is minimal.

The inverter software reported that our grid usage was 9.21 units (KWh) for the billing interval.

I don't understand why our bill has what looks like readings from two different meters.  Can anyone explain it?

Screen Shot 2023-04-22 at 9.20.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-22 at 9.33.12 AM.png

I finally investigated the reason for our bill showing two consumption amounts.  The smaller amount is indeed the units exported to PEA.  It is just there to show the amount exported.... we are not charged nor given credit for those units.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1