Remove the term "Expat"...... This word is banned, I want it removed NOW!!!!

Iamfalang

The "West" has way too much time on its hands, a good ol' alien invasion, an external global threat, is what we need to refocus and cut all this stupid <deleted>.

image.png.396fdbed9ab9fb287129c33b74aad7b6.png    ..wait, I've just been informed that it's now no longer acceptable to refer to our other-worldly visitors as "aliens".

Edited by fondue zoo

Hey, you like to play golf..

What's your............................................................................. ?    Oh sorry, ah, hmmmmm......

Hey, who's that over there?  Is that your D...................................................?  Oh sorry, ah, assisted-birthing spouse person human thing?

You're from the UK living in Thailand?  How's it like being an ex.............................?  oh, sorry, ahhh...     hmmmmmm    person living here who wasn't born here person thing hello?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I thought you could say "Oriental Rugs" but just not use that word for people.  In fact, decades ago I learned this.  I might be wrong.

able bodied is banned.   LOL.   Maybe ban healthy also....or capable....or competent....

Deprived neighborhoods (I'm not putting in that U....that U is banned!!!) ....   can you say poor? crime-ridden?

soon we will just make up CODE names for all this stuff.

soon we will say

%&#*^$&#%&#*#^$&*#  

18 minutes ago, Iamfalang said:

Hey, you like to play golf..

What's your............................................................................. ?    Oh sorry, ah, hmmmmm......

Hey, who's that over there?  Is that your D...................................................?  Oh sorry, ah, assisted-birthing spouse person human thing?

You're from the UK living in Thailand?  How's it like being an ex.............................?  oh, sorry, ahhh...     hmmmmmm    person living here who wasn't born here person thing hello?

So you are not an expat?

Just a falang then.

15 minutes ago, Iamfalang said:

I thought you could say "Oriental Rugs" but just not use that word for people.  In fact, decades ago I learned this.  I might be wrong.

able bodied is banned.   LOL.   Maybe ban healthy also....or capable....or competent....

Deprived neighborhoods (I'm not putting in that U....that U is banned!!!) ....   can you say poor? crime-ridden?

soon we will just make up CODE names for all this stuff.

soon we will say

%&#*^$&#%&#*#^$&*#  

Just use Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

• Love It 1

27 minutes ago, Iamfalang said:

Maybe ban healthy also....or capable....or competent....

Nobody in the woke world cares about capable or competent.

It's important to select people like a lesbian native American, if possible with only one leg or arm. A brain is not really required as long as all the important equality boxes are clicked. 

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It would be funny if it wouldn't be so sad for some people who don't want to follow the stupid woke rules. Here is another sad case.

And another crazy inclusive story.

Miranda is a bit of a babe!????????

2 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Pardon me for asking, but who exactly is banning these words?

i think it is a lot of the same crowd that also wants to ban books that somehow offend them?  Can't let the kids read about slavery or homosexuals or anything that doesn't fit the banners agenda.

1 hour ago, pomchop said:

i think it is a lot of the same crowd that also wants to ban books that somehow offend them?  Can't let the kids read about slavery or homosexuals or anything that doesn't fit the banners agenda.

They should ban the Bible!

Lots of terrible and offending stories in there.

• Haha 1

Tongue in check is needed even here! Many things you can not write without being banned or other reactions.

Expats colour of people or sexuality is not words that should have been banned in society, neither innocent swearing.

It's almost amusing how incessantly this topic comes up on the forum. But trust me, no one's laughing or smiling.

Those dreaming of a retro-world where racial, ethnic, religious, sexual orientation, etc. slurs are slung about freely forget the loss of civility and damage to the social fabric which follow in its wake. Is that really the world you want to live in??? The anti-woke crowd see this as liberating, a freeing from the shackles of political correctness. But do you not see the tremendous cost which would inevitably have to be paid in terms of social tensions and alienation, and ultimately economic inefficiency? Have those who bristle at political correctness forgotten that the goal is social cohesion, an etiquette for working together for a common good?

You're simply dreaming of something you can not afford. The world is economically decoupling. Climate change is upon us with a vengeance. Access to energy and certain resources are stretched. The Western world will be faced with enormous challenges going forward. To rise to these challenges, human resources will need to be marshaled as efficiently as possible. Divisive language and discrimination only serve to reduce productivity and undermine the efficient utilization of  human resources. Again, we can't afford to under-utilize human resources, which is exactly what happens when prejudice and discrimination are allowed to go unchecked.

Take Britain, as an example. Struggling with a loss of a long-serving monarch, struggling with Brexit logistics and diminished stature on the European continent, skyrocketing energy bills, climate change, fiscal turmoil, a looming recession, and a falling currency. How can you afford to not squeeze every drop of productivity possible out of each and every person possible?

And how about the US? Egged on and encouraged by trump to talk in vulgarities and seduced by dog-whistle calls for armed sedition, the allure of non-democratic authoritarianism, and an increasingly despotic judiciary into believing that deliverance for the chosen few is near at hand, huh? A 1000 year Reich maintaining God's natural order, huh? I doubt it. More like civil war and social discord so engulfing that it would likely spell the end of the American experiment, or at the very least fatally weaken its moral core.

Bigotry and the politics of marginalization of "the other" are luxuries the West can simply no longer afford. The anti-woke crowd needs to wake up before it's too late.

1 hour ago, Gecko123 said:

It's almost amusing how incessantly this topic comes up on the forum. But trust me, no one's laughing or smiling.

Those dreaming of a retro-world where racial, ethnic, religious, sexual orientation, etc. slurs are slung about freely forget the loss of civility and damage to the social fabric which follow in its wake. Is that really the world you want to live in??? The anti-woke crowd see this as liberating, a freeing from the shackles of political correctness. But do you not see the tremendous cost which would inevitably have to be paid in terms of social tensions and alienation, and ultimately economic inefficiency? Have those who bristle at political correctness forgotten that the goal is social cohesion, an etiquette for working together for a common good?

You're simply dreaming of something you can not afford. The world is economically decoupling. Climate change is upon us with a vengeance. Access to energy and certain resources are stretched. The Western world will be faced with enormous challenges going forward. To rise to these challenges, human resources will need to be marshaled as efficiently as possible. Divisive language and discrimination only serve to reduce productivity and undermine the efficient utilization of  human resources. Again, we can't afford to under-utilize human resources, which is exactly what happens when prejudice and discrimination are allowed to go unchecked.

Take Britain, as an example. Struggling with a loss of a long-serving monarch, struggling with Brexit logistics and diminished stature on the European continent, skyrocketing energy bills, climate change, fiscal turmoil, a looming recession, and a falling currency. How can you afford to not squeeze every drop of productivity possible out of each and every person possible?

And how about the US? Egged on and encouraged by trump to talk in vulgarities and seduced by dog-whistle calls for armed sedition, the allure of non-democratic authoritarianism, and an increasingly despotic judiciary into believing that deliverance for the chosen few is near at hand, huh? A 1000 year Reich maintaining God's natural order, huh? I doubt it. More like civil war and social discord so engulfing that it would likely spell the end of the American experiment, or at the very least fatally weaken its moral core.

Bigotry and the politics of marginalization of "the other" are luxuries the West can simply no longer afford. The anti-woke crowd needs to wake up before it's too late.

Load of rubbish. 66% of folks are living in poverty ww.

5 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I was laughed at recently for using 'red Indian' with yanks. Actually, I was suspended from this forum once for using 'yanks'. 

I understand that may have been because the term refers to an activity which is frowned on by religions, and may be frequently indulged in by Americans before they get to Thailand.

I fail to see what is offensive about the word expat, it's just a contraction of the word expatriate, which means someone living outside their native country.

1 hour ago, Gecko123 said:

The anti-woke crowd needs to wake up before it's too late.

They did wake up and just in time i think.

I think what you are going on about has very little to do with the issue here.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, pomchop said:

some of the best fantasy stories ever written full of demons and worst along with stories that only a "true believer" could take seriously....my guess is 90%+ of so called "christians" have never read their precious bible , only selected portions that support some preachers agendas....i read the entire thing long long ago and still shake my head at how anyone can base their "beliefs" on such a book....

Many Christian rituals are actually borrowed from paganism.

If you think belief is the main rubric of the Bible, try reading the Koran.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

How can you afford to not squeeze every drop of productivity possible out of each and every person possible?

And therein lies the problem. Enslave people around the world so they can produce things the western world wants. Have whole families forced to labor for nothing just so they can afford to eat today.

1 hour ago, Sparktrader said:

Load of rubbish. 66% of folks are living in poverty ww.

Hear Hear

That’s because, globally, a child dies approximately every 10 seconds from malnutrition, and that’s the sad reality for more than 3 million children every year.

https://www.wfpusa.org/articles/what-you-need-to-know-about-child-malnutrition/

10 minutes ago, seedy said:

That’s because, globally, a child dies approximately every 10 seconds from malnutrition, and that’s the sad reality for more than 3 million children every year.

Horrible.   That's the thing about seeing people here really thin.  Being that thin can't be healthy for many people here.   Some, sure, not many.   Thin when young and middle-aged, then fat when old is how I want it to be......"old" in my book is 70 and older.   I don't want to fall and easily break a hip.  I think being a little fat at that age might help, drink more milk I guess.

I've bought tons of kids food when I was a teacher (maybe spent 1000 baht over a number of years, 20 baht here and there), but they would buy ice cream or hot dogs.  Not the most nutritious.   I'm not giving them an apple.

Every 10 seconds..............if I can remember this I might not get upset when idiots almost hit me in their cars all day.    

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I fail to see what is offensive about the word expat, it's just a contraction of the word expatriate, which means someone living outside their native country.

It's a racial word, which the wokes dislike.