Most Isaan People Prefer Thaksin’s Daughter As PM: NIDA Poll

webfact

4 hours ago, Mason45 said:

So who would suggest Thais vote for given the entire political scene here is dominated by money.

I'd love it if it could get to the point where people are thinking about who will actually be best for the country and for its economy (money), based on the fact that a more successful and prosperous country is good for everyone.  I think that is quite far off though.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, pomchop said:

so  if your choice doesn't win at the ballot box just foment a coup and insert a general who of course would have no interest to "enrich" himself and his cronies....got it.

"this is thai politics, no rational thought by the voters and only ways to make themselves richer by the parties", notice I said "thai politics" and  "the parties", ie, that includes them all, while the shins are  pathetic at best  all parties are the same because they all are in it for themselves, what I said applies to them all, none will do what is right by the country to improve it

Edited by seajae

10 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Some countries do far better with a benevolent dictatorship than they ever would under democracy.  Not every country is compatible with it.

I wouldn't mind a dictatorship that cascaded the wealth down...

These so called Shinwatra martyrs are living in luxury in  Dubai and traveling the world, while the so called poor who continually vote for them are still stuck in rice paddies...

Do they not have the brains to work out that they are being used?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

Never done anything in Business or Government executively, but they want her to be the PM and run the Government.  Nuts!

But she's na rak like Aunty Yingluk, who needs qualifications or experience!

21 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

I am just wondering why a Shinawatra again? Ok Thailand was better when Thaksin was PM , but there should be others who are very capable too.  New blood to move forward I think is better, than doing the same over and over again. 

What absolute nonsense. Why not vote for a politician or party you are happy with? Seems you would have to be some sort of moron not to. In my home country I've voted for the same party for >45 years. If they anger me I just don't vote. Most people in democracies do the same. FDR won 4 straight elections in the USA and had he lived longer would have won more. The  illegitimate superiority some expats think they have over Thai people is utterly unfounded  

On 10/10/2022 at 3:13 AM, webfact said:

MOST ISAAN PEOPLE have been found to prefer Paetongtarn “Oong-ing” Shinawatra, daughter of former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, as head of a post-election government, according to an opinion poll.

And why?

How many of those Isaan people know what qualifications a PM should have?

How many of those Isaan people care about that?

How many of those Isaan people would be able to recognize a qualified candidate?

How many of those Isaan people vote for her just because of her family name and maybe because she looks so nice, just like Yingluck?

Or in other words: uneducated incompetent people vote for someone for the wrong reasons.

I know that is not only happening in Thailand. And it is sad to see the results of this democracy of the stupid worldwide. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And why?

How many of those Isaan people know what qualifications a PM should have?

How many of those Isaan people care about that?

How many of those Isaan people would be able to recognize a qualified candidate?

How many of those Isaan people vote for her just because of her family name and maybe because she looks so nice, just like Yingluck?

Or in other words: uneducated incompetent people vote for someone for the wrong reasons.

I know that is not only happening in Thailand. And it is sad to see the results of this democracy of the stupid worldwide. 

How much for the vote?  

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, pegman said:

What absolute nonsense. Why not vote for a politician or party you are happy with? Seems you would have to be some sort of moron not to. In my home country I've voted for the same party for >45 years. If they anger me I just don't vote. Most people in democracies do the same. FDR won 4 straight elections in the USA and had he lived longer would have won more. The  illegitimate superiority some expats think they have over Thai people is utterly unfounded  

typical American reaction......Sorry, but I am wondering if you can't see what is really going on. 

Still say her Aunt is much hotter looking..............????       This gal looks like she has weekly visits to the local Botox lady.......    Peace

Edited by TunnelRat69