Government opposition ‘Pheu Thai’ party to reintroduce its policy of War on Drugs, including cannabis, following Nong Bua Lamphu mass shooting

webfact

1 hour ago, futsukayoi said:

You see no difference between cannabis and say PCP or heroin ?  I think your rational thinking could do with some improvement.

Those who want to take drugs will take drugs.

Putting them in prison will not stop them taking drugs.

Making drugs illegal is merely a way for governments and police to make money and exert control.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Sitting government opposition party ‘Pheu Thai’ is planning to reintroduce its policy of strict drug elimination as well as conduct a review of firearm possession among security personnel after the tragic incident of the Nong Bua Lamphu mass shooting on Thursday, October 6th.

The latest knee jerk reaction.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, steven100 said:

not those drug makers,  I mean the meth, heroin and yaba makers. 

But those makers I mention do produce heroin. They may call it diamorphine and put it in a smart bottle but it is pure heroin - used extensively in palliative nursing and extreme pain. Now you want to kill them and prevent suffering people from getting relief. What kind of monster are you?

Will you also include the alcohol makers in your My Favourite Death List'? or have you never seen the havoc that drug has created?

9 minutes ago, mrfill said:

y call it diamorphine and put it in a smart bottle but it is pure heroin - used extensively in palliative nursing and extreme pain.

and that's great ....  but I mean the drug addict making meth in the back shed for pushing onto innocent lives everywhere .....   you get my drift   '   

Well as usual theres a lot of negativity on posts but no one has a solution. I first came to LOS in 2003 and no Yabba in the village - no canabis  in the village , the thing that sent people over the edge was loakoaw ( forgive spelling). So whether the war on drugs was a success or not,make you own minds up but in my mind people were less likely to dabble due to severe cosequences. As for some numbers put up here of only 76 deaths in 2 mass killings fair enough but in and around our isaan village alone there have been more than 20 yabba related deaths in the last 10 years but they just dont make the news / Thai visa . com etc.  I suggest before jumping on the bandwagon and slagging off plans you might formulate a solution yourself. Most foreigners on here just love to troll esp when the overwhelming populations chosen political party says anything .Yabba is a plague in the villages and towns of Isaan and someting needs to be done what I do not know maybe find the suppliers and cut the head off the snake.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

RIP to all those brutally murdered in Thaksin's fake war on drugs that was really just a way for police to murder anyone they felt like with impunity. 

Pheu Thai is aiming up for round two if they win! Draconian thinking!