Australian Dollar is collapsing

Jeesuz collapse really picking up speed now.  I though we would hold 23 to the end of this week but looks like 22 by tomorrow.  Every member of the RBA should be in jail.

Nearly 2% lost in the last few hours.

Start battoning down the hatches if you are relying on the OAP.  It is all down hill from here.

Edited by Adumbration
  • Haha 2

well, one economist i came across claims multiple currencies around the world will deflate, there will be more hyperinflation until the govts will finally step in with a solution. i won't say what he says govts will do. but there may be some sort of economic restructuring taking place soon. 

Edited by save the frogs
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For christ sake lol....how many times !!

How is it remotely possible for so many not to grasp exactly how forex is calculated. Its brutal surely everyone went to school at some point lol

NO currency except the USD the worlds "reserve currency" has a "direct" exchange rate against the Baht (or any other currency for that matter)

For Aussies its the sum of (Dollar/Baht) x (AUD/Dollar) and movement in EITHER pairing effects the bottom line

As such we have seen the Baht gain strength from around 38.4 against the USD down to currently sub 34

Therein lies the problem lol  !! 

The strength returning to the Baht against the USD on one side of the pairings...Simple as !

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Adumbration said:

Stayed tuned it has just dropped below 23 and is now on its way to 20.  Those relying on the OZ OAP need to batton down the hatches.  This collapse is just getting started.  The criminals at the RBA do not even have an interest rate meeting in January so they will be even further behind the curve come February.  The AUD is toast.

You are talking nonsense as usual I am on the OAP and can afford 2 overseas holidays per year your hatred of Australia is clear to see in all your posts 

• Like 1

On 1/6/2023 at 12:29 PM, Chivas said:

For christ sake lol....how many times !!

How is it remotely possible for so many not to grasp exactly how forex is calculated. Its brutal surely everyone went to school at some point lol

NO currency except the USD the worlds "reserve currency" has a "direct" exchange rate against the Baht (or any other currency for that matter)

For Aussies its the sum of (Dollar/Baht) x (AUD/Dollar) and movement in EITHER pairing effects the bottom line

As such we have seen the Baht gain strength from around 38.4 against the USD down to currently sub 34

Therein lies the problem lol  !! 

The strength returning to the Baht against the USD on one side of the pairings...Simple as !

Sadly so. The GBP too but perhaps not so surprising in view of what's going on there politically and economically. The Euro too. Don't you just hate the USD? Once again it looks as if the value in baht of my UK state pension will not alone either  monthly or annualised  meet the Thai immigration financial requirements. Last time I pointed this out to an IO he was genuinely surprised, even shocked. "But you from UK and Europe are rich from rich countries. Surely your government pay good pension". Ha! The common Thai misconception fuelled of course by two week millionaires splashing it around when they hit Thailand once a year...or twice in a lifetime. And the ladies cry " not forget me" for a very long time!

• Like 1

AUD has broken through 23 THB resistance.  Next stop 22.

No RBA rates meeting this month so they will be even further behind the curve.

40% of Australian mortgages are fixed rate (at covid lows of 2-3%) and they will start to reset to 6-7% next month in an event the MSN now refer to as the "mortgage cliff".

If the RBA hold interest rate rises next month AUD will be on track to hit 20 THB by June.

On 1/6/2023 at 3:35 AM, Artisi said:

suits me nicely at the moment, actually would love it to go sub 20 as I have a need to convert Baht to $A.

I'd also like to send a big amount of baht to £ to take advantage, do you not get questioned in Oz when large amounts come in from overseas?

5 hours ago, PJ71 said:

I'd also like to send a big amount of baht to £ to take advantage, do you not get questioned in Oz when large amounts come in from overseas?

I think if you notify "who-ever" it has to be,  that you are bringing "x" amount of money from the sale of your house or business or other legitimate source it's Ok - what the Gov. are tracking is crime money - as for tax implications I don't know what the implications are. 12 years back I transferred a large amount of money to Thailand - I had to report why - told them it was to build a new home for myself - transferred it all in one hit without any problems. 

25 minutes ago, Artisi said:

I think if you notify "who-ever" it has to be,  that you are bringing "x" amount of money from the sale of your house or business or other legitimate source it's Ok - what the Gov. are tracking is crime money - as for tax implications I don't know what the implications are. 12 years back I transferred a large amount of money to Thailand - I had to report why - told them it was to build a new home for myself - transferred it all in one hit without any problems. 

I would like to go the other way due to current EX rate, THB-GBP.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2023 at 2:25 PM, Adumbration said:

AUD has broken through 23 THB resistance.  Next stop 22.

No RBA rates meeting this month so they will be even further behind the curve.

40% of Australian mortgages are fixed rate (at covid lows of 2-3%) and they will start to reset to 6-7% next month in an event the MSN now refer to as the "mortgage cliff".

If the RBA hold interest rate rises next month AUD will be on track to hit 20 THB by June.

But in the meantime it’s 23.3

1 minute ago, Adumbration said:

Latest Aussie CPI data just in today. Up nearly 2% from last quarter. Now running at 8% P.A. The RBA needs to raise the cash rate a full percentage point at their next meeting in February. If they do not the AUD is toast.

Why don't you smoke the real stuff you are talking nonsense 

On 10/13/2022 at 11:14 AM, ezzra said:

Not only the dollar, life in Australia become more difficult, confusing and expensive, not the Oz of yesteryear that's for sure...

I have to say I cry over this matter. My Australia that I remember as a child and young adult is gone. Rest in peace old version Australia.

1 minute ago, TimeMachine said:

I have to say I cry over this matter. My Australia that I remember as a child and young adult is gone. Rest in peace old version Australia.

I don't know how old you are but lived in Australia since 1973 and after living in Thailand for a number of years I am quite happy to be back here I can't complain at all but then again, I don't live in the rip off states like NSW or Vic 

9 hours ago, still kicking said:

I don't know how old you are but lived in Australia since 1973 and after living in Thailand for a number of years I am quite happy to be back here I can't complain at all but then again, I don't live in the rip off states like NSW or Vic 

Appreciate what you say. Have you any good experiences dealing with authorities? It's all good when you don't need government help. But when you do in Victoria it's <deleted>. Good to hear at least the lucky lot are doing ok. I was without gas connection for 9 months all due to absolute idiocy. I got compensated at the end. But it shows idiots running the show in Victoria.

12 hours ago, still kicking said:

If you are happy living alone in the boondocks of rural Australia good for you.

I prefer my house by the Andaman sea and waking up next to my beautiful young Thai GF.

I just renewed my Non-O extension myself for another year and 45 days early.  Cost me 1900 baht.

Yesterday I took my dive boat out to sea and anchored off a nearby coral Island.

I speared four big fish and then floated in the morning sunshine looking at the view and eating my lunch.

GF shagged me stupid this morning.

Tonight we are having a seafood buffet for dinner.  Fried red snapper, tempura squid, and steamed blue swimmer crabs....all caught be me.

Yep definitely more happy to be were I am and not in some tumble down fibro rental house skirting the desert in Kickatinalong South Australia and watching cricket on the TV for daily entertainment.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

I prefer my house by the Andaman sea and waking up next to my beautiful young Thai GF.

I just renewed my Non-O extension myself for another year and 45 days early.  Cost me 1900 baht.

Yesterday I took my dive boat out to sea and anchored off a nearby coral Island.

I speared four big fish and then floated in the morning sunshine looking at the view and eating my lunch.

Tonight we are having a seafood buffet for dinner.  Fried red snapper, tempura squid, and steamed blue swimmer crabs....all caught be me.

Yep definitely more happy to be were I am and not in some tumble down fibro rental house skirting the desert in Kickatinalong South Australia and watching cricket on the TV for daily entertainment.

So cute, anything else to add?

Perhaps you could let the AN readers, again, when the AUD will collapse?

Edited by ozfarang
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

I don't live in rural Australia I live in a city of 2 million and for your information I am married to a Thai keep insulting people you don't know a thing about Australia 

• Like 1