90 day report question

I apologize in advance for this question, which I am sure is very basic.  However, I legitimately don’t know the answer and want to be sure I comply correctly with Immigration’s rules.

I arrived to Suvarnabhumi airport on October 4, 2022.  My passport stamp has that date on it.  I will be departing Thailand for a trip to Malaysia on January 1, 2023 —departing on that day itself.  By my counting on the calendar, that will be my 90th day in Thailand.

So, do I have to do a 90 day report if I depart on the 90th day?  Or, alternatively, do you only have to do it if you stay past midnight on the 90th day and are in Thailand on the 91st day?

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

You will not need to do a 90 day report. Also airport immigration does not check for them being done.

So, for future instances (and not just this specific example), the 90 day report is NOT required if you depart on the 90th day.  You only have to do it if you stay more than 90 days.

Correct?

4 minutes ago, ASEANTraveler said:

So, for future instances (and not just this specific example), the 90 day report is NOT required if you depart on the 90th day.  You only have to do it if you stay more than 90 days.

A 90 day report is not past due until 7 days after the report date.

As I wrote immigration does not check for 90 day reports when leaving the country.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A 90 day report is not past due until 7 days after the report date.

As I wrote immigration does not check for 90 day reports when leaving the country.

My apologies if my asking the question could be clearer.   I am newish to this whole process.

I have a long stay visa, so I am trying to understand generally my obligations regarding the 90 day report.  I will be coming back to Thailand after visiting Malaysia.  This is not just a “one visit to Thailand for 90 days and then leaving.”

Therefore, is a person obligated to do a 90 day report at all if they leave on the 90th day itself?

4 minutes ago, ASEANTraveler said:

I have a long stay visa, so I am trying to understand generally my obligations regarding the 90 day report.  I will be coming back to Thailand after visiting Malaysia.  This is not just a “one visit to Thailand for 90 days and then leaving.”

You report will not be due again until 90 days from the day you enter the country.

5 minutes ago, ASEANTraveler said:

Therefore, is a person obligated to do a 90 day report at all if they leave on the 90th day itself?

Yes

I assume you have gotten a re-entry permit if you are on a extension of stay.

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You report will not be due again until 90 days from the day you enter the country.

Yes

I assume you have gotten a re-entry permit if you are on an extension of stay.

So, if I just depart on the 89th day, then I am not obligated to do the 90 day report?  Is that right?  That could just save me some time.

12 minutes ago, ASEANTraveler said:

So, if I just depart on the 89th day, then I am not obligated to do the 90 day report?  Is that right?  That could just save me some time.

Many people have left the country with a 90 day report that is very late. Immigration on departure from the country do not check for a up to date 90 day reports. Most people remove the 90 day report receipt before leaving the country.

Your day report is not past due for 7 days after the report date.

13 minutes ago, Expat68 said:

Digressing a little, apologies in advance, can you do your 90 day report anywhere, not just at your normal immigration 

You cannot do your 90 day report in person just anywhere.

Must be done at office where you live.

However you can do the report via mail or online from anywhere in Thailand. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

According to the translation I've seen of the current Immigration Act (BE 2522), it says that one must report one's address upon "completion" of a ninety day period."  In the OP's case, he/she hasn't completed a 90-day time period when leaving on the 90th day.

And, while I never concerned myself with calculating the exact time before, I just looked at a couple of my 90-day Receipts of Notification and indeed the next report dates are on the 91st day (counting the first day).  

Trying 90 day report on the app, worked in Aug, now it says arrival info not found, but it's there and the same as last time. Tried on laptop but the web version says the password in not right even though I logged onto the app with it

Edited by proton

7 minutes ago, proton said:

Trying 90 day report on the app, worked in Aug, now it says arrival info not found, but it's there and the same as last time. Tried on laptop but the web version says the password in not right even though I logged onto the app with it

Passwords for app and desktop are not the same, try logging in on desktop select forgot password send email address in confirmation mail create new password and then continue to loginvia desktop,take note that this will not change your app password 

Worked for me last Wednesday 

5 minutes ago, norbra said:

Passwords for app and desktop are not the same, try logging in on desktop select forgot password send email address in confirmation mail create new password and then continue to loginvia desktop,take note that this will not change your app password 

Worked for me last Wednesday 

right, reset on the web, weird how the questions are different, press submit and just get a TM47 form appear, does that normally happen? No email conformation

2 hours ago, proton said:

right, reset on the web, weird how the questions are different, press submit and just get a TM47 form appear, does that normally happen? No email conformation

Yes,Email with next appointment will come soon.

For My last submission, email arrived 40 hours later but last week had holiday 

Edited by norbra
  • Like 1

On 10/13/2022 at 3:22 PM, ASEANTraveler said:

Correct?

YOUR 90 DAYS STARTS WHEN you arrive back into Thailand.......