Woman rescued from southern "sex maniac" - one is dead, but are there more victims?

webfact

1pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Thai Rath reported on the continuing developments in an alarming murder/torture case that may reach further than two victims.

Yesterday police in Phatthalung went to an apartment in Muang district where they arrested Thanadech "Rut" Kaewchuang, 27, on a murder/torture charge.

Police managed to rescue a 31 year old woman at the scene who was given the name "Noei".

She was horrifically beaten with multiple broken bones and bruising. 

Dr Jarung Bunyakan at Phatthalung Hospital said that these were injuries consistent with kicking, punching and crushing.

Noei had nine broken ribs, a broken nose and three broken bones in the small of the back.

Had the ribs pierced her lungs she would have died. 

Relatives have been contacted but Noei, who hails from Lamphun, will require in-patient treatment for at least a month. 

Doctors have advised her not to attempt to walk.

She was lucid and awake and able to tell reporters how she met her tormentor on Facebook.

"I liked to collect friends, and it led to this," she lamented.

She told how her boyfriend would go out to get food for her. He would work in the day selling himself to other men.

He was the dominant partner.

Then he would send sexually explicit pictures he made to his customers who would pay an extra 100-200 baht a time.

He did drugs and liked playing "slots" when he was high.

The apartment owner said there was never any perceptible noise coming from the flat. Though she admitted it was the end one on the third floor away from other rooms.

She expressed her shock at the arrest and the pitiful sight of the victim who she had met when she came to stay earlier.

A restaurant owner where Thanadech would always go to order food for Noei and stop and eat himself said that he liked to eat pork.

But she related that while he was in the restaurant he would talk on his phone to other girlfriends arranging to meet them or flirting.

She called him a funny, normal guy but in the light of his arrest and her perception of his behavior he appeared to be a sex maniac and she was in no doubt there must be more victims. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-10-14

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

34 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

The animals that women choose as boyfriends or husbands never ceases to amaze me. The other lead story received this afternoon had a man holding his girlfriend hostage at knifepoint. I can only suppose they have a primitive urge to be drawn to macho-types, and then it backfires on them.

I'm with you on this, ..."She called him a funny, normal guy but in the light of his arrest and her perception of his behavior he appeared to be a sex maniac and she was in no doubt there must be more victims"...  !?!?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

A terrible story I am surprised that nobody ever heard any noise or thought anything and the writing of the story has much to desire T.I. T

Because in Thailand excessive noise and screaming is normal.

when it’s quiet, that’s when you should be concerned!!

2 hours ago, chalawaan said:

Lest anybody be tempted to Thai bash, let's remember that Jeffrey Dahmer got away with what this guy was doing for years, because the US cops were far less competent than the often deservedly maligned RTP, and also, so race biaised, they refused to believe Dahmer's black neighbour.

Imagine if the racial tables there had been turned?

The UK Yorkshire Ripper case was similarly marred by bigotry against the Prostitute victims, being engaged, as they were, in illicit sex work.

Absolutely no comparison! Dahmar and Sutcliffe crimes were committed over a far greater area before the days of social media. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, animatic said:

What a horrible and horribly written story.

I can only hope the authors first language is not English.  In that case they get a pass.  But seriously what native English speaker writes..."she hails from..."

Edited by happydreamer

4 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I can only suppose they have a primitive urge to be drawn to macho-types, and then it backfires on them.

I've heard "research" about these guys.  Apparently these "dark triad" types' behaviour mirrors the behaviour of confident "alpha-male" leader types.  Also could be they have low self-esteem or had abusive fathers and are drawn to people who treat them badly.  Then throw in the fact that Thai girls seem to be raised to think that a guy cheating on them is OK and to be expected, what chance do they have?

Very sad situation all round.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

A terrible story I am surprised that nobody ever heard any noise or thought anything and the writing of the story has much to desire T.I. T

That's what I was thinking.  OK, the apartment was out of the way, but chances are that the neighbour heard.

But, TiT...

11 hours ago, webfact said:

She called him a funny, normal guy

certainly NOT after he almost beat her to death.   if a person's life revolves around sex, selling sexual pictures, and eating pork (joke), and getting high..................well, expect a strange life.

too boring is bad, too crazy is bad.   what's good?  no drugs (not a weed hater any more, no opinion on that drug as of yet), a brain, and no trading sex for money.    aim for those people falangs!!!!!  

12 hours ago, webfact said:

Then he would send sexually explicit pictures he made to his customers who would pay an extra 100-200 baht a time.

He did drugs and liked playing "slots" when he was high.

The apartment owner said there was never any perceptible noise coming from the flat. Though she admitted it was the end one on the third floor away from other rooms.

She expressed her shock at the arrest and the pitiful sight of the victim who she had met when she came to stay earlier.

A restaurant owner where Thanadech would always go to order food for Noei and stop and eat himself said that he liked to eat pork.

But she related that while he was in the restaurant he would talk on his phone to other girlfriends arranging to meet them or flirting.

Porking everything that moved

1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

Also could be they have low self-esteem or had abusive fathers and are drawn to people who treat them badly. 

I would think they'd avoid that kind like the plague, rather than be drawn to them. But you offer a popular opinion. It's just not one I can understand as it defies all logic.

8 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

It's just not one I can understand as it defies all logic.

woman
noun
UK 

A1 [ C ]
an adult female human being who no one can understand and defies all logic

(Just a joke everyone, relax.  I know men can be just as bad.)
Edited by BangkokReady
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, webfact said:

"I liked to collect friends, and it led to this," she lamented.

She told how her boyfriend would go out to get food for her. He would work in the day selling himself to other men.

Poor choice of friends..