Snoozing British driver gets spooked by police and crashes into Thai woman

snoop1130

On 10/14/2022 at 6:11 PM, gomangosteen said:

The photo in OP - think you're wrong - this is the MG with front end damage

spacer.png

this is the other car he hit - owner Ms. Savitree Seesun was slightly injured and was admitted to Banglamung Hospital.

Her red Nissan sedan was also damaged by the British driver. 

spacer.png

The OP doesn't state that the photo at the top of the report was the MG.

29 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

Remember that far more Brits live, and holiday in Thailand than almost any other nationality, they're over-represented.

Well off the mark there in terms of holidaymakers.

The 2022 UK tourism figure to Thailand is 4.7%. Four-point-seven.

For January to August 2022, UK tourist number is 204,231 from a total of 4,378,920.

They make up 19.8% of the combined European total of 1,030,003.

Perhaps not the contribution you expected? 

1 minute ago, gomangosteen said:

Well off the mark there in terms of holidaymakers.

The 2022 UK tourism figure to Thailand is 4.7%. Four-point-seven.

For January to August 2022, UK tourist number is 204,231 from a total of 4,378,920.

They make up 19.8% of the combined European total of 1,030,003.

Perhaps not the contribution you expected? 

You're right, I'm still thinking of pre-COVID numbers. Still, the numbers you quote are still 1 in 5 of all Europeans.

I recently checked out air fares London - Bangkok, looking like almost double what they were pre-COVID. Thai Airways were quoting £1350, previously £600. Might be part of why tourism numbers are struggling?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

Remember that far more Brits live, and holiday in Thailand than almost any other nationality, they're over-represented.

So, in your opinion, they have the right to behave like that.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, itsari said:

So now UK citizens are uneducated.

You strike me as a Australian the way you think 

Why are you putting a country on me, when your fellows are behaving bad? No, I am very far from being an Australian.

• Haha 1

On 10/14/2022 at 4:02 AM, ezzra said:

Some people with narcolepsy condition experience automatic behavior during brief episodes of sudden urge to sleep where they fall a sleep uncontrollably and that probably what happened and this sis why he god spooked...

"that probably what happened"

Yeah, that's probably it.

30 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Why are you putting a country on me, when your fellows are behaving bad? No, I am very far fyou have rom being an Australian.

Where are you from ?

I guess you know where I am from.

Behaving bad ?you write like a head master .

Liven up

• Like 1

8 hours ago, itsari said:

Where are you from ?

I guess you know where I am from.

Behaving bad ?you write like a head master .

Liven up

So now, we take the focus away from the topic, and start talking about my way of writing. Better focus on your fellow Brits instead, as that is the bigger problem here.

On 10/15/2022 at 12:39 AM, Ralf001 said:

MG is an iconic British car brand.

The vehicle is built by Saic motor-CP in Thailand.

But the MG Headquarters is in Britain.

The Brand is iconic but the company was bought by BMW and then sold on to a Chinese company and is no longer British.

The only thing about the car that remains British by design is the brand name, other than that the car design is Chinese with some BMW influences 

1 hour ago, Jimjim1 said:

The Brand is iconic but the company was bought by BMW and then sold on to a Chinese company and is no longer British.

The only thing about the car that remains British by design is the brand name, other than that the car design is Chinese with some BMW influences 

When did MG shut down the London design studio ?

22 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

It has nothing to do with racism. It´s stands clear that they overrepresent the problems foreigner cause in Thailand. It´s called truth.

22 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

It has nothing to do with racism. It´s stands clear that they overrepresent the problems foreigner cause in Thailand. It´s called truth.

Link please with figures to back up your statement.

car was 3 months old, sorry to hear the news, out come could have been a lot worse.

could be drink or medically related, we are all living beings capable of having a bad moment this is his and I am not sure he deserved or could have prevented it at the time.

On 10/16/2022 at 4:20 AM, Ralf001 said:

When did MG shut down the London design studio ?

I believe that happened when BMW sold the whole package to theChinese company but as I have not followed the finer details of the deal I would happily stand corrected

9 hours ago, joecoolfrog said:

You think you dont need meds !

Perhaps we have found your problem. 

Yes, or maybe we found yours. That must be the problem of being on topic. This is about a crazed Brit, that drive away from police, hit a woman and crash his car. Something that I have not read that any other nationality has managed to do before. The big question is, if you think that is good or bad?

If you think it´s good, then you will probably stand alone with that opinion. If you think it´s bad, then you will agree more than disagree with me, which begs for the second question. In your opinion, does that make you need meds as well?

10 hours ago, joecoolfrog said:

As I thought , no factual evidence whatsoever , simply bias confirmation I suspect.

No, it´s not. I already told you to check the news for the last decade if you wish to confirm. I have done that and knows the result of it. However, I do not remember when and where, which will make it a daunting job for me to provide you with the info. But, by all means, feel free to check the factual truth of my statement. If you find substantial evidence of the opposite, feel free to share. ???? 

14 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Yes, or maybe we found yours. That must be the problem of being on topic. This is about a crazed Brit, that drive away from police, hit a woman and crash his car. Something that I have not read that any other nationality has managed to do before. The big question is, if you think that is good or bad?

If you think it´s good, then you will probably stand alone with that opinion. If you think it´s bad, then you will agree more than disagree with me, which begs for the second question. In your opinion, does that make you need meds as well?

Something that I have not read that any other nationality has managed to do before.

In defence of the Brits, they generally do not march on Stalingrad, raping women, children and donkeys along the way but at the same time we do not broadly paint all Germans as crazy.

On 10/14/2022 at 8:10 PM, nausea said:

Who knows what really happened here. Reason I don't drive in Thailand. It's great if you're one of these people who has an iron will and never drives when you are drunk. I realised a long time ago this isn't me. Now it's always my Teerak who drives me. 

It’s not an iron will… it’s just common decency not to DUI.

1 hour ago, Bert got kinky said:

Something that I have not read that any other nationality has managed to do before.

In defence of the Brits, they generally do not march on Stalingrad, raping women, children and donkeys along the way but at the same time we do not broadly paint all Germans as crazy.

I do not point out all Brits as crazy either. Just pointing out that the crazy ones are overrepresented. I guess that took away all power of you work. I am deeply sorry about that. ????