Two French men in a Porsche charged with serious assault after apparent unprovoked attack on Thai man

webfact

I am somewhat surprised at many of the comments here, this is bad publicity for Thai tourism and very sad for the victim and his family. Maybe there is some more to the story than is being revealed but still rather disturbing. 

6 hours ago, jvs said:

That number plate comes for free from the dealer,it is a temporary plate

with the 9999 number.

Buying a permanent plate with this number will cost a lot!

Absolutely correct , that's a temporary plate that belongs to the Porsche dealership in Bangkok. All new unregistered Porsches  get the same Temporary Red plate with that exact same number from the Porsche showroom in Bangkok

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

. Any time and in any situation being told one party is absolutely 100% correct and the other 100% wrong rings bells, although granted it is a popular narrative for explaining global conflicts in the days of wokeness.

No. Sometimes there is only one side.

Examples...jeffrey dahmer's victims had no fault. Ukraine has no fault. dahmer and putin are both psychopaths. Just 100% guilty. Oh, unless you think dahmer's victims gave him bad recipes, or there were nazis hiding in hospitals, schools and shopping malls in Ukraine.

The beating might have more to the story, but nothing justifies what the french-algerian did to the Thai man.,

22 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

No. Sometimes there is only one side.

Examples...jeffrey dahmer's victims had no fault. Ukraine has no fault. dahmer and putin are both psychopaths. Just 100% guilty. Oh, unless you think dahmer's victims gave him bad recipes, or there were nazis hiding in hospitals, schools and shopping malls in Ukraine.

The beating might have more to the story, but nothing justifies what the french-algerian did to the Thai man.,

They could be migrants from N.A. living in France. Good point ...where they got the money for a Porsche? I smell a rat ...no pun intended ????????????

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

I guess that these 2 French guys can rest easy knowing that their number plate of ก-9999 is blurred out in the photos. ????

BTW, that number plate would have cost a mighty packet and would not be on a tourists brand new Porsche.

I'm guessing that these guys will have already paid for some local influential friends and the odd fairy godmother/s somewhere amongst the police ranks.

Next stop Singapore?

There is no way any fairy godmother or influential friends are going to talk their way out of this. I live north of Bangkok and the Thai citizens here are all talking about this and what should happen to the French guys. As usual one foreigner does something and we are all put in the same boat.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, bobbin said:

Publicity.. cashed up.. serious assault charges.

They are going to wriggle, but this is going to cost those "boys" beaucoup d'argent..

As it should.

Hopefully “beaucoup de temps dans une prison” as well (that’s “lots of time in a prison”, for those of you who don’t know French). 

21 minutes ago, Ginner said:

There is no way any fairy godmother or influential friends are going to talk their way out of this. I live north of Bangkok and the Thai citizens here are all talking about this and what should happen to the French guys. As usual one foreigner does something and we are all put in the same boat.

I agree with you, these boys are now in it too deep.

I'm pretty sure that they would have tried to connect with their influential 'friends' but would have been stone walled given the gravity of the matter.

Disgusting behaviour whatever the facts of the case. Does none of us farangs any good. It will be interesting to learn more about the French men ie if they reside permanently in Thailand, and the nature of their business. Meantime, let's hope the Thai man recovers.

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

I guess that these 2 French guys can rest easy knowing that their number plate of ก-9999 is blurred out in the photos. ????

BTW, that number plate would have cost a mighty packet and would not be on a tourists brand new Porsche.

I'm guessing that these guys will have already paid for some local influential friends and the odd fairy godmother/s somewhere amongst the police ranks.

Next stop Singapore?

That number plate would be on a new Porsche.. How embarrassing 

9 hours ago, Iamfalang said:

I'm trying to enjoy my coffee and reading about these BAD FALANGS who said something like, "I want to be famous.  Let's do this."  Something to that effect.  They wanted a fight, Thai guy thought they wanted directions and the French guy might have killed him.   

None of my posts make sense, BUT I need to make it clear I'm very anti-Bad Falangs!!!!  

28 and 34 years old................yea, that's the age where they are not reading my advice on TVF and just going out and ruining their lives.   

North of Bangkok, generally less undesirables from falangland.

Sort of like America...................Montana is not Florida.   Vermont is not California.   New Hampshire is not New Mexico.    That place is already 100% crazy, Thailand is only at 90%.......come on falangs, let's not hit 100%!!!!!  

What the hell does the USA have to do with this

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Pierre Hanot said:

Give their real names . Lock them up for attempted murder  !!! 

Exactly, those names are badly spelt in my opinion. There is a very undesirable community of legal immigrants who have French passports. They are wreaking havoc in France, robberies, they run the drug business in France. These 2 sound like they belong to those thugs ( for lack of a polite word). They make a fortune in EU but cannot spend it there. I’ve seen so many in Patong for example, they do and live as they like, and nasty with it. One of my Thai friends said a few years ago, why so many bad French man in Thailand ? I just told him to look at their names and then he.ll understand ! They should be locked up for a long time and Porsche confiscated. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, geisha said:

I’ve seen so many in Patong for example

I know exactly who you're talking about. They were starting trouble and fights every night all winter, but the venues do not dare kick them out for whatever reason (connected? or just perception as big spenders?). Funny enough speaking with one venue manager it seems like they aren't actually big spenders - they complained that these guys would buy 150k worth of bottles on their first night in town - but then keep checking out the same bottles over and over and spending next to nothing for a month. That averages out to only 5000 baht a night - between a group of 5-10 guys.

• Like 1