Two French men in a Porsche charged with serious assault after apparent unprovoked attack on Thai man

webfact

Porsche red plate no. 9999 is quite infamous now. If it was mine, I wouldn't feel safe parking that anywhere. Or indeed be seen to be getting out of it.

Probably quite a few Thais thinking to themselves that they wouldn't mind having a pop at these two.

Hmmm .   So a person comments how nice a car looks.  The driver then chases after them honking the horn.  The people stop , thinking the car occupants are lost. Then one of the car’s occupants attacks the person who thought they were lost.  Because I guess they didn’t like the comment about their car being nice.  
All sounds logical to me

• Like 1

Seems strange that the two guys would drive after a random Thai couple and hit the guy without reason.

That would be a bit crazy and if so, why did they not also attack the wife or others? That’s after all what crazy people do.

Something is not right in the story. But no matter what the two guy are idiots and in for a lot of trouble. Hope the victim survives.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, smedly said:

how they earn money can tell a lot about someone - if what they declare doesn't match up with lifestyle and wealth

Indeed, we already know they are violent thugs. I wonder what else they do to pass the time.......

26 minutes ago, swm59nj said:

Hmmm .   So a person comments how nice a car looks.  The driver then chases after them honking the horn.  The people stop , thinking the car occupants are lost. Then one of the car’s occupants attacks the person who thought they were lost.  Because I guess they didn’t like the comment about their car being nice.  
All sounds logical to me

it doesn't sound good/logical, makes non sense and smells fishy... there has to be more to the story, they guy wouldn't get out of the car without a good reason but they are not publishing the all story

How many tourists buy an 8M thb sports car? Something fishy. These Frenchies are nothing but trouble anyway, sad;y these boys appear to have a wealthy benefactor though who will cross the right palms with silver at the station (and compensate the wife) and they'll be on their way. 

I know my opinion will not be popular, the case being closed for most keybord warriors apparently already lol, but maybe the Thai man did some crazy stupid driving and even further provoked the attack?

I mean, I think it is borderline stupid to buy an expensive car like that in Thailand, because 1st you cannot really drive it out anyway, especially on Samui, and 2nd because it is well known that many people here have no license or a license and no driving skills and will certainly make driving an even bigger hell that it is already with a non-expensive car.

I would buy a fast car in Germany and in no other country, because it does not make any real sense because you cannot really use it, it is just to impress other idiots that give <deleted> about expensive stuff. Stupid.

But anyway I doubt that the official story is true and there are always two sides.

As mentioned above, I think it went down more or less exactly like that:

These guys just were pumped up because being <deleted> rich (for whatever reason, really none of anyone's business) and being on Samui with a new Porsche. I can understand.

Then the Thai guy with typical "driving skills" almost crashed into them or made them crash into him. I can heavily imagine.

Then maybe he even provoked the guys in the Porsche even further and they just snapped. 

I think you are over-exaggerating with your calls for life-long jail or death penalty.

From where I come from it is normal to clear things within your own circle as a man. This was just one of these cases where there was a really unlucky punch.

If the punch would've been at a slightly different angle or whatever, the Thai guy might just have a small headache.

But these things happens if you engage in a street fight and I just honestly doubt that the French guys snapped for no reason and "unprovoked", as this article states.  

Most likely this is just the story the Thai woman made up to get the highest amount of money out of this apparently rich French guys and no matter what, she is being believed because she is Thai and the others are Farang.

I am 100% sure the French guys have their own part of the story, but no one even gives them the chance to describe it.

Not saying that there was a huge provocation, but if there was, I can understand them. If someone provokes me to fight, I will fight. If he gets hit with an unlucky punch, well, should not have provoked.

Again, not saying it definitely was like that. But you should not principally rule it out as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

it doesn't sound good/logical, makes non sense and smells fishy... there has to be more to the story, they guy wouldn't get out of the car without a good reason but they are not publishing the all story

I think so…

Did the motorcyclist accidentally damage / scratch the Porsche trying to squeeze through a gap which wasn’t there & then try & escape….???? 

———

In the past I had quite a decent car, a taxi driver reversed out of a space straight into me & then tried to escape.
I had to block him, then jump out of the car & grab his license (off the dash)… 

His excuse, he had no insurance & knew he couldn’t afford to pay for any damage to an expensive car.

He was petrified…. I let him go & just let my insurance cover the damage - less hassle & no need to get angry. 

Thus, if the motorcyclist damaged the car & then tried to escape that would explain the anger from the French guys (but not excuse their actions).

I wonder if there will be a follow up, or as usual, we’ll only get half the story.. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I think so…

Did the motorcyclist accidentally damage / scratch the Porsche trying to squeeze through a gap which wasn’t there & then try & escape….???? 

———

In the past I had quite a decent car, a taxi driver reversed out of a space straight into me & then tried to escape.
I had to block him, then jump out of the car & grab his license (off the dash)… 

His excuse, he had no insurance & knew he couldn’t afford to pay for any damage to an expensive car.

He was petrified…. I let him go & just let my insurance cover the damage - less hassle & no need to get angry. 

Thus, if the motorcyclist damaged the car & then tried to escape that would explain the anger from the French guys (but not excuse their actions).

I wonder if there will be a follow up, or as usual, we’ll only get half the story.. 

if he couldn't afford to pay he shouldn't have been driving it ..now should he 

29 minutes ago, Jackbenimble said:

How many tourists buy an 8M thb sports car? Something fishy. These Frenchies are nothing but trouble anyway, sad;y these boys appear to have a wealthy benefactor though who will cross the right palms with silver at the station (and compensate the wife) and they'll be on their way. 

Yes, a lot of French criminals here, such as Marc the old Eden 'club' owner who gunned down his ex and shot his partner, also French, before being shot himself in April. Stickman's mate, according to him.

Edited by proton

26 minutes ago, FarAway said:

I know my opinion will not be popular, the case being closed for most keybord warriors apparently already lol, but maybe the Thai man did some crazy stupid driving and even further provoked the attack?

I mean, I think it is borderline stupid to buy an expensive car like that in Thailand, because 1st you cannot really drive it out anyway, especially on Samui, and 2nd because it is well known that many people here have no license or a license and no driving skills and will certainly make driving an even bigger hell that it is already with a non-expensive car.

I would buy a fast car in Germany and in no other country, because it does not make any real sense because you cannot really use it, it is just to impress other idiots that give <deleted> about expensive stuff. Stupid.

But anyway I doubt that the official story is true and there are always two sides.

As mentioned above, I think it went down more or less exactly like that:

These guys just were pumped up because being <deleted> rich (for whatever reason, really none of anyone's business) and being on Samui with a new Porsche. I can understand.

Then the Thai guy with typical "driving skills" almost crashed into them or made them crash into him. I can heavily imagine.

Then maybe he even provoked the guys in the Porsche even further and they just snapped. 

I think you are over-exaggerating with your calls for life-long jail or death penalty.

From where I come from it is normal to clear things within your own circle as a man. This was just one of these cases where there was a really unlucky punch.

If the punch would've been at a slightly different angle or whatever, the Thai guy might just have a small headache.

But these things happens if you engage in a street fight and I just honestly doubt that the French guys snapped for no reason and "unprovoked", as this article states.  

Most likely this is just the story the Thai woman made up to get the highest amount of money out of this apparently rich French guys and no matter what, she is being believed because she is Thai and the others are Farang.

I am 100% sure the French guys have their own part of the story, but no one even gives them the chance to describe it.

Not saying that there was a huge provocation, but if there was, I can understand them. If someone provokes me to fight, I will fight. If he gets hit with an unlucky punch, well, should not have provoked.

Again, not saying it definitely was like that. But you should not principally rule it out as well.

how can you tell when a french man is telling lies...His lips move ..ive lived amongst these arrogant yobs for over 30 years  bit of cash and they are God ..so they think ..id still side with the Thai on this .. just the point that the Thai guy to was out with his female friend ..2 French blokes..chase you  fear or not eh ..

3 minutes ago, proton said:

Yes, a lot of French criminals here, such as Marc the old Eden 'club' owner who gunned down his ex and shot his partner, also French, before being shot himself in April. Stickman's mate, according to him.

French same where ever they go Trouble 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Netizens reacted with outrage at the brutish behavior of foreigners.

????  gimme a break will ya  '      brutish behavior of foreigners,  that's the pot calling the kettle black ain't it !!

however ,   their actions are totally unacceptable and unjustified .....   throw the book at them and also have them start paying the poor guys hospital costs. 

I hope the thai guy's injuries are not too severe and he recovers fully very soon. 

send some birds nest drink over and a fruit basket. 

Edited by steven100
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Netizens reacted with outrage at the brutish behavior of foreigners.

What a real shame that " Netizens " in Thailand do not react with more outrage to some of the brutish behavior their own Citizens also show.

Maybe, just Maybe, some of it would stop.

I do not condone this attack , or any other, but this just appears to be another Racist Incident against Foreigners by the Press.

• Thanks 2