Two French men in a Porsche charged with serious assault after apparent unprovoked attack on Thai man

webfact

1 hour ago, Iamfalang said:

I met in Thailand.  Here for two weeks, drinking, and walks in the middle of EVERY road and yells at the driver to stop!!!!   Very aggressive.   Screaming. 

you really need to change your circle of friends

46 minutes ago, southlander said:

First of all I hope the poor Thai guy who was attacked recovers.The French coward who attacked the Thai man deserves a prison sentence. We treat these one hit punch offences very seriously in Australia.

I had very similar experience also on Koh Samui two weeks ago. I had a minor altercation  guy over blocking the rd with his car in a private estate in chewing Noi. Later in the day the same guy came to my villa, when I opened my door he just rushed at me punching and kicking me extremely hard. I went to the hospital and then made a police report at Bophut.. My point is that I am an Australian attacked by a German national. Since making my police report the police have not done anything. If I was Thai would the police be more helpful?

That’s awful, at your own home too.

The police are inherently lazy unless social media forces their hand, or money persuades them.

Do you have any evidence ? (Home security CCTV?) 

Perhaps push the police again, ask them why they are not responding to a crime… etc… just give them a nudge. 

Edited by richard_smith237

14 hours ago, IslandLover said:

A bad case of Road Rage, I suspect.  I do hope the Thai guy makes a good recovery and these two thugs get prosecuted.  No need for violence.

Why both of them ?

Did both the French guys attack the Thai guy ? 

or, did one of them get into a flight with the Thai Guy ? 

• Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, southlander said:

First of all I hope the poor Thai guy who was attacked recovers.The French coward who attacked the Thai man deserves a prison sentence. We treat these one hit punch offences very seriously in Australia.

I had very similar experience also on Koh Samui two weeks ago. I had a minor altercation  guy over blocking the rd with his car in a private estate in chewing Noi. Later in the day the same guy came to my villa, when I opened my door he just rushed at me punching and kicking me extremely hard. I went to the hospital and then made a police report at Bophut.. My point is that I am an Australian attacked by a German national. Since making my police report the police have not done anything. If I was Thai would the police be more helpful?

never open the door without checking who it is ...   

13 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You saw the video???

I’m not defending the French guy, but the Thai guy looked like a willing participant in a fight….. 

I agree, well up for a scrap which is surprising considering he did not have 10 friends with him ( or weapons ).

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

If that fear is a daily concern & someone feels they need to check such things every time someone knocks the door then serious consideration may be given towards moving somewhere safer ! 

not a daily concern at all .... more like a habit I guess ....   it's very safe where I live, it's like a 5* condo. 

19 hours ago, khunpa said:

If you watch the videos, you will see that the Thai guy was in no way attacked, but wanted the fight. 

This was NOT an assault and the French guy walked away as soon as he had knocked-out the Thai guy.

Had the French guy lost, he would likely have had 10 Thai guys kicking him after being knocked-out.

The Thai guy could have walked away at any time and his wife’s story is clearly complete BS.

hi i just quoted on what i read if that was incorrect i will stand corrected ..nut the part i wrote about french yobs abroad   doesn't unless you have lived amongst them  you could never know  H

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Purdey said:

Personally i want to hear their side of the story before making up my mind. Why would these french guys do this without something more of the story in the preamble? 

seems you've never lived amongst them eh or you wouldn't ask ..just sayin

2 hours ago, southlander said:

Best to keep your gate locked!

Stops all sorts of trouble before it starts.

7 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Why both of them ?

Did both the French guys attack the Thai guy ? 

or, did one of them get into a flight with the Thai Guy ? 

I wrote that before I had seen the second video posted in this forum.  I see from that video that only one of the Frenchmen was involved in the violent altercation.  The Thai guy gave as good as he got but came off worst.  I still maintain it was a road rage incident.  Why did the Porsche stop and why did one, or both men get out and confront the Thai man?  These questions need answering.

• Thumbs Up 1

There may be more to the story but in any case, even if the thai guy was wrong there is no point reacting to every creature that want attention (such as following you, jumping out in front of you on the street- or picking a fight because that is probably just the guy wanting attention for himself?  in worst case hes former wife may have cheated on him with a foreigner so the guy thinks"me I want to fight the foreigner')

On 10/17/2022 at 11:02 PM, Speedhump said:

I can imagine the Aussies reading this and crying that they can't whinge about the British in Thailand. 

No,weve enough of our own to whinge about at home ,from real ale to can't get good curry even though the curry comes from an indian restaurant and nobody has ever explained to me what the magic ingredient is in real ale.[my old man was a pom transported by his family in 1925 for being a naughty boy called in those days a "remittance man" as the family sent money for support, at the age of 16.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, IslandLover said:

I wrote that before I had seen the second video posted in this forum.  I see from that video that only one of the Frenchmen was involved in the violent altercation.  The Thai guy gave as good as he got but came off worst.  I still maintain it was a road rage incident.  Why did the Porsche stop and why did one, or both men get out and confront the Thai man?  These questions need answering.

Perhaps the driver had unwisely used his horn to encourage the Thai (who was meandering along the road very slowly) to move over so that he could pass?

Mr Thai, in typical fashion then brake-checked the Porsche, got off his contraption and started to vent his rage at the driver for having the temerity to use the klaxon.......they do that so I've heard.

Driver gets out to remonstrate, Thai starts swinging and ends up in IC.

(Nice to see the Gallophobes, not yourself, out in their all too predictable, knuckle dragging, dribbling masses, as per usual on these pages)

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 2

Something is strange here. If all that the thais wanted was a nice chitchat, how could this escalate into a fight ?

Thais are notorious for trying to escape their responsabilities, especially if police or foreigners are involved. Maybe their motorbike hit the car and they did not stop, who knows ?

We only have the story from the thai side, and before jumping to conclusion it is necessary to hear it from the foreigners' side. Hoping the police will do its job without money involved.

5 hours ago, heybuz said:

No,weve enough of our own to whinge about at home ,from real ale to can't get good curry even though the curry comes from an indian restaurant and nobody has ever explained to me what the magic ingredient is in real ale.[my old man was a pom transported by his family in 1925 for being a naughty boy called in those days a "remittance man" as the family sent money for support, at the age of 16.

I'm a Londoner 18 years away from home. I think Brits have a lot to whinge about now judging by the news I read. I don't see me going back. My best friend went to Oz in the mid 60s when we were about 7 or 8, when his mum and dad 'took the shilling', I hope they had a good life. I've liked most Aussies I've ever met, except when they try to brag about sport. ????

11 hours ago, Enoon said:

Perhaps the driver had unwisely used his horn to encourage the Thai (who was meandering along the road very slowly) to move over so that he could pass?

Mr Thai, in typical fashion then brake-checked the Porsche, got off his contraption and started to vent his rage at the driver for having the temerity to use the klaxon.......they do that so I've heard.

Driver gets out to remonstrate, Thai starts swinging and ends up in IC.

(Nice to see the Gallophobes, not yourself, out in their all too predictable, knuckle dragging, dribbling masses, as per usual on these pages)

Why not, might balance out the all-too-predictable Anglophobes ("anyone except England", right?). Let's be even handed about this.... ????

On 10/18/2022 at 5:45 AM, richard_smith237 said:

You saw the video???

I’m not defending the French guy, but the Thai guy looked like a willing participant in a fight….. 

Did you see the videos ( pluriel) ? The Thai  was a tiny bit of a guy. The French guy was three times his size ! Nobody does that . 

12 minutes ago, geisha said:
On 10/18/2022 at 10:45 AM, richard_smith237 said:

You saw the video???

Expand  

Did you see the videos ( pluriel) ? The Thai  was a tiny bit of a guy. The French guy was three times his size ! Nobody does that . 

The video I saw doesn’t show how the French guy ends up on the floor. 

It does show the Thai guy trying to kick him while he’s on the floor as other Thai’s are pulling him away. 

3x the size you say? sure about that ?....   you mean the French Guy is 150 kgs and the Thai Guy is 50 kgs ?

Your exaggeration would be better if you just said he’s about 20% larger... 

Nobody does that?... what... You mean kicking a guy on the floor ??