Two French men in a Porsche charged with serious assault after apparent unprovoked attack on Thai man

webfact

13 minutes ago, geisha said:
19 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Why charging both when only 1 caused it?

There are quite a few videos around. One shows the two guys out of the car., Then drinking in a nearby bar. 

The Passenger was the one involved in the fight. 

The Driver (car owner?) was the bystander and seemingly didn’t get involved in the fight (none of the videos show him involved in the fight anyway). 

He was arrested later, but for what ? - drinking in a bar is not illegal, neither is being a bystander of a fight. 

Quite likely he was ‘about to drink drive’... if he had not done so already but there is no evidence of that for the police to base a DUI charge on - the article covers this (this thread or the other thread).

There was some ‘spurious charge’ about driving with red plates at night, but know where is such a law documented (not that I’ve every found or has been quoted on this forum before or others before and the topic has been discussed at length). 

So... I’m wondering...  What exactly the driver was charged with, because it seems he did nothing illegal. 

The passenger who fought - yes, of course he needs to face the same penalties any other Thai person would face in the same circumstances - he got himself into a fight and has to face the consequences of that.

The Thai guy already is facing the consequences of being a willing participant in the fight.  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

There was some ‘spurious charge’ about driving with red plates at night, but know where is such a law documented (not that I’ve every found or has been quoted on this forum before or others before and the topic has been discussed at length)

Actually it has been well documented and is even in Wiki:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_registration_plates_of_Thailand#:~:text=Cars with red plates cannot,not allowed to use expressways.

Trade plates carry a significant number of restrictions. Drivers with red plates must seek permission from authorities if they want to use the vehicle at night. Cars with red plates cannot be driven out of the province where the vehicle was registered at purchase. Drivers must ask for permission each time they want to travel outside the specified area. Documents must be in order, with the destination and the dates of travel. Red-plated cars are not allowed to use expressways. Drivers of cars with red plates must have all car-related documents, a proper driving licence, and ID card ready for checks at all times. Police officers are authorized to stop any car with a red plate to examine the car and the driver's documents even if no traffic offence has occurred.

So he was driving at night in another province.  He also appears to be accessory to a crime (or is the escape driver in a bank robbery free?).  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

I've seen this before... in other articles... 

However, I’ve never seen an official document (or translation of) which states these laws..

i.e. Land Traffic Act etc...  

3 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

So he was driving at night in another province.  He also appears to be accessory to a crime (or is the escape driver in a bank robbery free?).  

Good point....  he helped his passenger who participated in the fight to flee the scene and thus made himself an accessory. 

I was just thinking.  It's Thursday morning.  They must have woken up again and realized their in an never ending nightmare of their own creation.

The one who is married with kids will be deported immediately even when he is eventually released.

There lives are pretty much down the drain. 

Edited by MrJ2U

1 minute ago, Bert got kinky said:

The one who is married with kids will be deported immediate even when he is eventually released.

For what?

Two freaking idiots. 

Have you even looked into this case or are you just replying on the strength of a sensationalist (and incorrect) headline?

One of the Frenchmen (not the married one) got into a 'one on one' fight.

Why deport them both?

What law did the driver break that deserves being torn away from his family?

From first report both immigration black listed.  That may not be true but is what has been reported.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

I was just thinking.  It's Thursday morning.  They must have woken up again and realized their in an never ending nightmare of their own creation.

The one who is married with kids will be deported immediately even when he is eventually released.

There lives are pretty much down the drain. 

The one married with kids (the driver) didn’t seem to commit any serious crimes....

..... other than drive a car on red plates, stop blocking the road, driving away making himself an accessory to a crime ( the accessory is a stretch - a decent lawyer could argued that he simply escaped trying to avoid further fighting ).

Is that sufficient to deport him separating him from his family ???....   it was the other Frenchman who was involved in the fight... and of course, he should the the one facing penalties. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

There was some ‘spurious charge’ about driving with red plates at night, but know where is such a law documented (not that I’ve every found or has been quoted on this forum before or others before and the topic has been discussed at length). 

AFAIK red plates are intended for use by motor traders, but it has become common practice for traders to loan them to customers whilst waiting for proper plates.

Vehicles Act 1979, Sections 27 & 28 cover this. Section 27 states that the plates can be used between sunrise and sunset (there is also reference in the Act to additional regulations, but I can't find them).

http://web.krisdika.go.th/data/outsitedata/outsite21/file/Vehicle_Act_BE_2522_(1979).pdf

(unofficial English translation)

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

The one who is married with kids will be deported immediate even when he is eventually released.

For what?

Two freaking idiots. 

Have you even looked into this case or are you just replying on the strength of a sensationalist (and incorrect) headline?

One of the Frenchmen (not the married one) got into a 'one on one' fight.

Why deport them both?

What law did the driver break that deserves him being torn away from his family?

Didn't you hear two drunken falangs hit a Thai man and now he's in a coma.

It's too bad those idiots didn't keep driving to wherever there staying or better yet get a taxi.

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The one married with kids (the driver) didn’t seem to commit any serious crimes....

He's the one that pulled over.

He's like a getaway driver in a Bank robbery when someone gets shot and killed. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

It's too bad those idiots didn't keep driving to wherever there staying or better yet get a taxi.

Absolutely wrong, there has been no evidence of the driver hitting anyone.

So far, you are the only person to say this.

Absolutely wrong again,  even the police have conceded that they do not know if the French guys had been drinking before the event.

It might help you if you do some research into this case instead of making up your own version of the story.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Bert got kinky said:

might help you if you do some research into this

I leave that up to you.

Why don't you get a go fund me page for the two idiots.  Your perhaps just a handful of people who condone such behavior.

Disgraceful! 

1 minute ago, MrJ2U said:

I leave that up to you.

Why don't you get a go fund me page for the two idiots.  Your perhaps just a handful of people who condone such behavior.

Disgraceful! 

I have done my research and  my findings and the reasons being what I believe may have happened are on this thread for all to read.

Now where is the proof of our claims.

Show me evidence that both Frenchmen were fighting

how me proof that they were drunk.

Now is the time, put up or shut up.

2 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

I have done my research and  my findings and the reasons being what I believe may have happened are on this thread for all to read.

Now where is the proof of our claims.

Show me evidence that both Frenchmen were fighting

how me proof that they were drunk.

Now is the time, put up or shut up.

They were tested and we're over the limit.

You'll need to wait until more news but I think your buddies are screwed. 

6 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:
9 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

He certainly stopped for a reason, we don’t yet know what that reason was. 

Doesn't matter now.  Better hope the guy doesn't die.  

It matters if the Thai guy instigated the confrontation.....  

I too hope the Thai guy fully recovers....  It would be good for all of us to learn the unadulterated story. 

Did the French guys attack for no or an insignificant reason ?

Or... Did the Thai guy stop in the road etc.... do something to the car etc causing them to retaliate ?

There is no information on the build up other than the Wife’s story which has already been proven a fabrication by the video in which at the start we see the French Guy on the floor and the Thai guy attempting to kick him. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

Wrong again.

please do some research on this before you look like a complete numpty.

Open and shut case.

Your friends are definitely headed to the slammer.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MrJ2U said:

Yes.

It wasn't to a drive-in theatre.

Sheeesh. 

OK, after this I will not be answering you any more.

It really is pointless explaining anything if you refuse to try to understand.

In my honest opinion, you are either under the influence , you are trolling or you have 'understanding' problems, maybe even a mix of all 3.

As I have said, there is enough evidence on this thread to refute all of your posted views on this matter, if you are too lazy to read the posts, you will remain ignorant to the facts.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

OK, after this I will not be answering you any more.

It really is pointless explaining anything if you refuse to try to understand.

In my honest opinion, you are either under the influence , you are trolling or you have 'understanding' problems, maybe even a mix of all 3.

As I have said, there is enough evidence on this thread to refute all of your posted views on this matter, if you are too lazy to read the posts, you will remain ignorant to the facts.

I feel the same about your replies.

How could you defend these two instigators.

It's sad.  

You obviously have no idea how things work in Thailand.