Two French men in a Porsche charged with serious assault after apparent unprovoked attack on Thai man

webfact

8 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Not wishing to victim blame, but something triggered the altercation…. 

Definitely more to the story….   People, Thai, French, Western or anyone else just don’t get out of their vehicle  & kick the cr@p  out of someone else for no reason.

No excuse for their behaviour & the car is irrelevant.

A bad case of Road Rage, I suspect.  I do hope the Thai guy makes a good recovery and these two thugs get prosecuted.  No need for violence.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

I guess that these 2 French guys can rest easy knowing that their number plate of ก-9999 is blurred out in the photos. ????

BTW, that number plate would have cost a mighty packet and would not be on a tourists brand new Porsche.

I'm guessing that these guys will have already paid for some local influential friends and the odd fairy godmother/s somewhere amongst the police ranks.

Next stop Singapore?

Its a RED number plate belongs to the car selling company and used until the official plate is issued. Nothing special about a red plat with that number. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Patjqm said:

As I said before, it's a Road Rage incident that ended badly for one of the participants.  Nevertheless, I hope he recovers.  There is no need for violence on this scale.

14 hours ago, Iamfalang said:

I'm telling falangs OTHER falangs are dangerous!!!!!!!  Not Thais!!!

How low can you go!!!!!!?!?!??!?!??!?!?  LOL

I'm telling the "normal" posters to stay away from the BAD FALANG!!!!!

How low can you go?

Yea I've met some pretty nasty farang in Thailand 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, stoner said:

so because they are in a porsche it's a wai and 500 baht fine right ? you know the standard when this happens. when in rome and all that. 

I think they're screwed... especially if the poor fella passes away.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JonnyF said:

So the car was chasing them and beeping, then the Thais thought the foreigners might be lost so they stopped to help? Doesn't sound credible to me. If I had to guess, there was some back and forth on the road and then both parties stopped for a fight with the Thai unfortunately hitting his head on the ground during the fight. Let's hope he can recover. 

Exactly, that story sounds like nonsense.

Sounds like a dispute about driving etiquette when the motorcycle passed the car, since that's the only interaction they had before stopping for a dust up.

I know I beep my horn a lot when a motorcycle pulls in front of me without any concerns about safe distance,but who knows what really happened.

• Like 2

Why should 2 man attack an innocent man for doing nothing. 
they drive on an island in a white Porsche so easy to be find, and attack two people for nothing, do you believe that??  
just wait what the have to say about it.  
she like the car and would like to have one, maiby now she can buy one…..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

^ evil foreigner? Face it they're just more euro-trash, if you think leaving an unconscious person on the ground is ok, well up to you, whole incident quite unnecessary and regardless of the cause, no need for this man to have that degree of injury. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, gomangosteen said:

^ evil foreigner? Face it they're just more euro-trash, if you think leaving an unconscious person on the ground is ok, well up to you, whole incident quite unnecessary and regardless of the cause, no need for this man to have that degree of injury. 

I am saying the way the story was reported was not accurate. Watch the video, the Thai guy is well up for it. Thai bystanders are stepping in when the Thai guy is first knocked down to let him get back up, at which point the French guy starts walking away from the situation but the Thai guy goes after him with another kick before getting knocked out.

This is a case of 2 idiots fighting in the street and one of them getting knocked out. Of course there was no need for that degree of injury, but when you get into street fights on a concrete surface that is always a risk. Happens quite often in fact, that's why boxing rings have a soft ring apron. This is an example of why it is best not to get involved in this type of altercation because as the French guy is finding out, even if you win, you lose.

As for leaving him unconscious, if you think the Thai guy would have been concerned had he knocked the foreigner out, well I have some news for you. He'd have been more likely to start stomping him on the ground than helping him out.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Give it a couple of days and media / netizens will move on. The foreigners will pay compensation, fines and possibly suspended sentence - unless they are known to police in France or wanted by Interpol, in which case I suspect that as I type this, the police attache's office at the French Embassy in Bangkok will be discussing purchase of one-way tickets. The police here generally tolerate foreign on foreign crime but will take action when a foreign national police service asks them to.

UPDATE:

Jailed and blacklisted: Frenchmen in attack on Thai man ordered held by court - driver is Hua Hin man with Thai wife

image.jpeg

Picture: Daily News

Two French men arrested for an attack on a Thai motorcyclist who was knocked unconscious on Saturday night have been ordered held without bail by the court in Koh Samui southern Thailand.

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1275074-jailed-and-blacklisted-frenchmen-in-attack-on-thai-man-ordered-held-by-court-driver-is-hua-hin-man-with-thai-wife/

57 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Having seen the video now, it seems I was correct. The Thai guy was more than up for the fight, bouncing around like some wannabe Muay Thai fighter, throwing leg kicks etc. but unfortunately for him got knocked out on his feet and hit his head on the kerb on the way down.

Of course, the media is portraying it as The Evil foreigner attacks lovely Thai couple that were only trying to help by offering directions. No surprise there.

Well, getting involved in a fight is never a good idea.

I suppose he got what he was looking for. It could just as easily have been the farang in hospital.

No sympathy.

3 minutes ago, 2009 said:
JonnyF said:

Having seen the video now, it seems I was correct. The Thai guy was more than up for the fight, bouncing around like some wannabe Muay Thai fighter

We will never know 100% the entire story, but it doesn't matter.  You are a VISITOR.  You don't get out of your car, say stuff like "I'm going to be famous!"  and then go kick a Thai in the head.   In fact, the Frenchie probably knew he would win one on one, which makes it worse for them.   LOSmiles not LOSmackdowns.   

In prison, he will get beat down 20:1 I'm sure.  both of them 40:2.  lol.   This is the risk, I won't lose sleep over it.

Reminds me of a BAD FALANG I met in Thailand.  Here for two weeks, drinking, and walks in the middle of EVERY road and yells at the driver to stop!!!!   Very aggressive.   Screaming.   Unfortunately, I knew him for about a week.   Luckily I avoided him enough, mental problems while I kept asking myself, "Why are so many falangs in Thailand struggling with mental problems??? and Why do I find these clowns?"

Most falangs I've met here talk about fighting.  No idea why, maybe just an insecurity.   Or they think that's acting tough around me.   Sad, actually.  They always end up worse off.

These bad falangs come here and think they can do anything, then get mad when things don't work out.  

Stay classy, bad falangs!!!! lol

First of all I hope the poor Thai guy who was attacked recovers.The French coward who attacked the Thai man deserves a prison sentence. We treat these one hit punch offences very seriously in Australia.

I had very similar experience also on Koh Samui two weeks ago. I had a minor altercation  guy over blocking the rd with his car in a private estate in chewing Noi. Later in the day the same guy came to my villa, when I opened my door he just rushed at me punching and kicking me extremely hard. I went to the hospital and then made a police report at Bophut.. My point is that I am an Australian attacked by a German national. Since making my police report the police have not done anything. If I was Thai would the police be more helpful?

• Haha 1