Middle aged maid with a knife causes hour long drama at Bangkok police station - she wanted officers to contact her boyfriend

webfact

7pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Thai Rath reported on an hour long drama that ensued at the Samae Dam police station in western Bangkok yesterday afternoon.

A 52 year old maid called Nitaya had arrived armed with a knife and held this to her own throat.

She wanted police corporal Withawat Butaphat to find her boyfriend.

7pm1.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Police attempted to console the lady before they managed to get hold of the weapon.

It emerged that her boyfriend whom she had recently met had upped and left her.

The station chief got involved as they tried to contact the man and get to the bottom of what had happened.

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-10-19

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Why pathetic?  I suppose your a skilled negotiator and mental health expert.

You for real?

You don't think it's pathetic?

How do you know she needed mental health expertise? 

Would you have expected this to take an hour to resolve in the great U S of A?

Thank you.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PJ71 said:

You for real?

Thank you.

You're outnumbered here basher.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PJ71 said:

You for real?

It's pathetic that you’ve come to this conclusion when the police handed the situation with patience and without any injuries to anyone. 

4 hours ago, PJ71 said:

IF you are struggling with the idea that a woman turns up to a police station with a knife demanding they calls her boyfriend to be a model of mental fitness then perhaps the woman in question is not the only one to need some mental health expertise !!! 

4 hours ago, PJ71 said:

No... I’m guessing taser, perhaps guns, injuries.... certainly a lack of empathy and patience.

This is why the patient actions of the Thai Police in 'this case’ are most certainly not pathetic. 

The do tend to handle these issues with a far greater degree of empathy than we see elsewhere. 

4 hours ago, PJ71 said:

Thank you.

No... thank you...   for the laugh at your expense !

Your definitely at the wrong end of this opportunity to bash Thailand.....  While the Thai Police can often be critizied, this is not one of those cases - you are on the wrong end of this one. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

It's pathetic that you’ve come to this conclusion when the police handed the situation with patience and without any injuries to anyone. 

IF you are struggling with the idea that a woman turns up to a police station with a knife demanding they calls her boyfriend to be a model of mental fitness then perhaps the woman in question is not the only one to need some mental health expertise !!! 

No... I’m guessing taser, perhaps guns, injuries.... certainly a lack of empathy and patience.

This is why the patient actions of the Thai Police in 'this case’ are most certainly not pathetic. 

The do tend to handle these issues with a far greater degree of empathy than we see elsewhere. 

Your definitely at the wrong end of this opportunity to bash Thailand.....  While the Thai Police can often be critizied, this is not one of those cases - you are on the wrong end of this one. 

Knew that'd you'd pipe up with an answer for everything - thanks for confirming you know everything.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Police are taught self preservation first.

Could you imagine ( i've no doubt you could ) what would have happened had the police shown empathy and been stabbed....... exactly!

Thanks

18 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

Police are taught self preservation first.

Could you imagine ( i've no doubt you could ) what would have happened had the police shown empathy and been stabbed....... exactly!

Thanks

So we will expect you to just walk up to someone with a knife, grab it away from them, and all will end well for you and the person who is suffering from a mental illness of some kind. Your a true piece of work if you don't believe she needed true help and the police defused the situation properly.

Edited by ThailandRyan

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

So we will expect you to just walk up to someone with a knife, grab it away from them,

Good morning ThailandRyan, thanks for your input.

Police are trained for this tho, right? I'm not plus it's none of my business, had i been there i'd have left.

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

the person who is suffering from a mental illness of some kind

How do you know she was struggling with mental health issues. You've never seen, heard or read of just angry people wielding a knife? strange...

1 hour ago, PJ71 said:

Good morning ThailandRyan, thanks for your input.

Police are trained for this tho, right? I'm not plus it's none of my business, had i been there i'd have left.

How do you know she was struggling with mental health issues. You've never seen, heard or read of just angry people wielding a knife? strange...

When you show up and sit down at a police station with a ???? your asking for help, be it medical attention, help in assisting you because your mentally unstable because of an incident, but not because your just angry alone. Many variables go into why someone does or is doing something. Mental illness or an imbalance is always a possibility. As a 34 year LEO and a Mental health professional I have pretty much observed it all.  Passion driven anger escalates quickly and then deescalates just as quick.  

Your trying to tell me that she was just angry, that I don't buy. She was seeking help. The article says in finding her boyfriend, but I can quarantine you thete was more to the story with her needing some personal assistance and an evaluation to see where she was on a mental and psychological level. 

That's why police take it slow, so that they evaluate the totality of the situation before just walking g up and grabbing the knife like you believe should have probably been done since you called them pathetic in how long it took to deescalte the situation. 

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1
  • Love It 1

13 hours ago, PJ71 said:
18 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Expand  

Knew that'd you'd pipe up with an answer for everything - thanks for confirming you know everything.

He clearly knows more than you.

On 10/19/2022 at 11:13 AM, PJ71 said:

It took 1 hour for police to remove a knife from a 52 year old woman in a police station?

Pathetic.

Yeah, right, in the United States they just would have shot her a hundred times. One of the admirable traits of the Thai police is the restaint they show when confronted by an armed person.

41 minutes ago, jaywalker2 said:

Yeah, right, in the United States they just would have shot her a hundred times. One of the admirable traits of the Thai police is the restaint they show when confronted by an armed person.

You truly believe this don't you, now that's a pathetic view of law enforcement in the US. You must believe everything spouted by the Black Lives Matter movement...

2 hours ago, PJ71 said:

You 2 should get a loom.

No thanks... if its got padded walls there’s too much probability of bumping into you and having to listen to your mindless tosh instead of having the option to just glance over it with mild amusement !!!... :giggle:

Edited by richard_smith237