Firm/Hard Bristle Toothbrush

Rory Pedley

You've had other advice and seem to have ignored it.

I have to say I'm with @Lorry here, every toothbrush I've bought has been much harder than expected. I buy my brushes at 7/11 and on the first attempt I made the mistake of buying a "soft" toothbrush which was extremely firm.

Turns out that super soft is the way to go for a genuinely soft toothbrush.

They also have "medium" available in some 7/11 stores which seems to be the top of the scale these days. I'm assuming "medium" toothbrushes are what used to be sold as "hard". I bought one once while having a senior moment and it felt like the bristles had been stuck together with glue.

• Like 2

On 10/25/2022 at 4:58 AM, Rory Pedley said:

Perharps I should change my original post to; 

"Are there any dental hygiene experts out there that can tell me how I should be brushing my teeth." ????

I guess I'll go back to looking on eBay or get somebody to send some from overseas.

It's not rocket surgery! Poor brushing technique is nearly always due to laziness. You must brush for a TIMED 2 minutes, not guessing. And when you turn your hand around, don't miss the canine area. And each tooth has 5 surfaces. And floss at night. And think about a "Waterpik", because all the brushing in the world won't get every bit of stringy food out, just the plaque.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/20/2022 at 3:37 PM, Lorry said:

That was my thought, too, when I read OP.

I find most toothbrushes here too hard, not soft enough.

You could try Curaprox toothbrushes (they sell on Lazada and have sales carts in Emquartier and Mega Bang Na)

แปรงสีฟัน Curaprox 5460 Ultrasoft | Lazada.co.th

Another ultrasoft toothbrush which I find works is that Berman brand which can be found in Big C and Lotus's

เบอร์แมน แปรงสีฟัน รุ่นคอมพลีท เอ็กซ์ตร้าซอฟท์ คละสี แพ็ค 2+1 | Lazada.co.th

Edited by userabcd
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, userabcd said:

You could try Curaprox toothbrushes (they sell on Lazada and have sales carts in Emquartier and Mega Bang Na)

แปรงสีฟัน Curaprox 5460 Ultrasoft | Lazada.co.th

Another ultrasoft toothbrush which I find works is that Berman brand which can be found in Big C and Lotus's

เบอร์แมน แปรงสีฟัน รุ่นคอมพลีท เอ็กซ์ตร้าซอฟท์ คละสี แพ็ค 2+1 | Lazada.co.th

Another heads up for Berman--always use them..

• Like 1

13 hours ago, crouchpeter said:

It's not rocket surgery! Poor brushing technique is nearly always due to laziness. You must brush for a TIMED 2 minutes, not guessing. And when you turn your hand around, don't miss the canine area. And each tooth has 5 surfaces. And floss at night. And think about a "Waterpik", because all the brushing in the world won't get every bit of stringy food out, just the plaque.

Could you please tell me what PSI the water pressure should be for the "Waterpik". And also what temperature the water should be in celcius. If not, Fahrenheit will be OK. I'll just open up another post to get someone to do the conversion for me. I'm sure that there'll be some Brainy dential hygiene scientists that can help out. ????

Thanks in advance

On 10/25/2022 at 7:40 AM, JayClay said:

You've had other advice and seem to have ignored it.

I have to say I'm with @Lorry here, every toothbrush I've bought has been much harder than expected. I buy my brushes at 7/11 and on the first attempt I made the mistake of buying a "soft" toothbrush which was extremely firm.

Turns out that super soft is the way to go for a genuinely soft toothbrush.

They also have "medium" available in some 7/11 stores which seems to be the top of the scale these days. I'm assuming "medium" toothbrushes are what used to be sold as "hard". I bought one once while having a senior moment and it felt like the bristles had been stuck together with glue.

With all due respect, I think that you may have had 'another senior moment', because if you re-read the OP, your answer should have been 'no'.

You're welcome ????

6 hours ago, Rory Pedley said:

Could you please tell me what PSI the water pressure should be for the "Waterpik". And also what temperature the water should be in celcius. If not, Fahrenheit will be OK. I'll just open up another post to get someone to do the conversion for me. I'm sure that there'll be some Brainy dential hygiene scientists that can help out. ????

Thanks in advance

Water piks are over rated, i have one, floss is best, 2nd best is interdental brushes

On 10/30/2022 at 9:33 PM, Rory Pedley said:

With all due respect, I think that you may have had 'another senior moment', because if you re-read the OP, your answer should have been 'no'.

You're welcome ????

I don't think it's my reading comprehension which is the issue here..