6 months to live what would you do?

Sparktrader

On 10/22/2022 at 11:45 PM, Hummin said:

Its a choice we all have, just dont jump off anything or hang yourself in a long rope outside the building structure handcuffed. 

A few valium, ductape and a plastic bag do a good job without leaving a mess behind you. 

?????

How are you supposed to duct tape the plastic bag if the valium made you go to sleep?

On 10/23/2022 at 12:35 AM, AddyA said:

How about ignore the quack who said you only have six months to live? If we've learned anything from the last couple of years, it's how utterly wrong and misleading the advice has been from the so-called experts.

If he's right, and you start to feel the effects of terminal cancer, it's too late to have any fun before you do die.

How about a second opinion instead?

On 10/23/2022 at 12:51 AM, phetphet said:

I often wonder how all those people that live to be over 100 feel. They may still have family, but looking back, must have lost all their friends through life.

My old man was in his 90s when he died. I hadn't seen him for many years, and visited him about a year before he died. It was so sad to see him, as although he was in a good rest home, he had no friends, and basically sat in his room by himself. No family members as he chose to live in a foreign country ( that must strike a chord with some posters in LOS ) and refused to go back home where he had a daughter.

I thought it was a release from a miserable life when he finally did pass.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I thought it was a release from a miserable life when he finally did pass.

My Father died at age 84 four days after playing 18 holes of golf.

(Emergency pancreatic cancer surgery which he did not survive.)

Edited by jerrymahoney

On 10/22/2022 at 9:03 PM, persimmon said:

I agree , take a random sample of office girls from the BTS and dress them up , add make-up , and I guarantee they will look better .

The BTS is amazing.

I get a woody just walking up the stairs.????????

• Like 1

On 10/23/2022 at 3:03 AM, persimmon said:

I agree , take a random sample of office girls from the BTS and dress them up , add make-up , and I guarantee they will look better .

I loved going on the BTS, and not for the view out of the windows.

Another thumbs up for Thailand- girls still wear skirts and those short shorts.

Something almost never seen where I am. Mostly wearing pants.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Hummin said:

I do not discredit this guy from what he is saying in this video, but what is his real background? Common sense? 

Just be careful who you trust, even they claim to be experts, Dr, scientist or whatever. Everyone can be a social media experts these days and talk common sense. At some point they will do mistakes even it sounds good

I don't blindly accept the statements of anyone on social media. In Dr. Berry's defense, I will say he usually cites the research to support his opinions, with links to it.

Everyone's physiology is different. My own regimen of diet and exercise is based on a lot of research, cherry-picking what I thought made sense.

The results speak for themselves. I have been on medications for osteoarthritis, gastric reflux, depression, high blood pressure, night cramps and gall bladder pain, some for many years. Today, I need none of them.

In addition, I have been borderline diabetic with a overweight BMI and reduced kidney function. I am now back to normal blood sugar levels, have a normal BMI, and my kidney parameter has improved by 20%.

Part of the kidney improvement I attribute to not taking up to 750 mg of medications daily, I now only take 5 mg of medication for BPH. It makes sense the load my kidneys have to deal with is now much less.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grumpy one said:

Get a couple of credit cards and max them out  :partytime2:

Its a bit hard to reclaim money from a penniless corpse :whistling:

LOL. Unless one wants to commit sideways, it'd be a bit difficult to know when one is actually going to pass over the great divide.

Back in the early years of the century, unsecured credit was incredibly easy to get in the UK. I had an occasional urge to borrow as much as possible, move to Thailand and never return, but 2007 saw an end to all that.

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

?????

How are you supposed to duct tape the plastic bag if the valium made you go to sleep?

How long do valium take before it kicks in, maybe you change your mind to while ductaping ????

7 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I don't blindly accept the statements of anyone on social media. In Dr. Berry's defense, I will say he usually cites the research to support his opinions, with links to it.

Everyone's physiology is different. My own regimen of diet and exercise is based on a lot of research, cherry-picking what I thought made sense.

The results speak for themselves. I have been on medications for osteoarthritis, gastric reflux, depression, high blood pressure, night cramps and gall bladder pain, some for many years. Today, I need none of them.

In addition, I have been borderline diabetic with a overweight BMI and reduced kidney function. I am now back to normal blood sugar levels, have a normal BMI, and my kidney parameter has improved by 20%.

Part of the kidney improvement I attribute to not taking up to 750 mg of medications daily, I now only take 5 mg of medication for BPH. It makes sense the load my kidneys have to deal with is now much less.

Fantastic. Care to explain your old and new lifestyle?

5 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

just to live my normal current life will cost me more than 10k.

I'd have to downsize my out goings to make it last !!

I first read the post title and thought you were asking: "what would you have to give up if you
only had $10k to live on for your last six months"

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Grecian said:

Fantastic. Care to explain your old and new lifestyle?

I have never been a couch potato. I have always exercised, but have amped up somewhat since 2021. Never dieted prior to 2022, ate everything.

Exercise - stretching and mild cardio (Youtube ) in the morning, climb 12 flights of stairs.

Swimming before lunch, golf 2-3 times a week.

Afternoon 15 minutes of cardio ( again Youtube ) with 1.5 kg dumbbells.

Diet- No packaged food. No snacks. One slice of whole grain bread for breakfast, two poached eggs, fruit and plain yoghurt.

Limit sugar as much as possible. Can't avoid it in fruit. Gave up orange juice, cakes and ice-cream. Absolutely no beer, a couple of Sangsom rums once a week. Two coffees a day.

I have two small squares of Lindt 99% cocoa chocolate a day.

No potato, carrot, rice, noodles or pasta. Cucumber, tomato, cauliflower, cabbage, broccoli, bamboo and beans are all good. Olives, macadamias, avocado and mushrooms ditto. My general rule is most things growing above ground are good for me, anything below ground is not.

Modest daily protein intake, 200 grams of any meat or fish I want.

I eat as much Brie, Camembert, vintage cheddar and cottage cheese as I want.

The diet principle is training my body to burn fat instead of sugar. It's not a full keto diet, more reduced carbohydrate.

Apart from weight loss, my waist size has gone from 40 cm to 37 cm.

I can now afford to break the diet twice a week with fish and chips, or bangers and mash.

• Like 2

I always say that the day one dies is the most expensive day of your life. Typically.

If one has $10,000, then the smart thing to do is to spend it all before d-day.

Failure to do that, your death will cost you $10,000.

But if you spend it all, your death will be free.

And you might die with a smile.

????

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

But if you spend it all, your death will be free.

And you might die with a smile.

I'm 100% sure GIVING is way better than buying.   It just feels better.   It's really a great feeling.  Not giving to any clown, but to a child, poor person in need, someone who can really use it. Not giving money to rich people, or even the middle-class.  Not them.   

So give away all your money before you die, and at least make someone else happy.  You won't be happy, you are dying and then you are dead.   Buying <deleted> at a business before you die is giving to the relatively rich.  not the way.  

• Thanks 1