Plans for the only gorilla in Thailand's German retirement hits 30 M baht stumbling block

webfact

There has been numerous attempts to have Pata Zoo closed down but all have failed.

I suspect Vinai Sermsirimongkol has high friends in high places.

In saying that Cher has been campaigning to have the Gorilla freed, am sure the 795k asking price would not put a ripple in her 350m+ net worth !!

No one should pay the owner of the gorilla  a brass farthing. Sad for the gorilla but she'll have to suffer to stop this kind of blackmail happening again.

Or viewing it another way. If the gentleman in question considers the animal to be a business asset then it needs to be converted into a business liability.

Edited by VocalNeal

17 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Cher has been campaigning to have the Gorilla freed, am sure the 795k asking price would not put a ripple in her 350m+ net worth !!

There is no asking price, it's not for sale.

If she did get her liver-spotted hands  on it the first thing she'd do would be to book it in for facial plastic surgery.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, userabcd said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Exactly what "despicable, brutal treatment" is the ape experiencing?  It is in a licenced zoo.

it has no freedom, it is not in its natural habitat, it can't interact with any of its fellow natural species.

So what "despicable, brutal treatment" is it being subjected to?  No zoos anywhere give wild animals their freedom nor their natural habitat and those two circumstances do not constitute "despicable, brutal treatment".

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What makes you say that it is in "poor conditions", have you seen it first hand?

No but there's youtube and you can see the videos and compare them to videos of western zoos where there are clearly better conditions and the  gorillas are not alone. The latter being an important aspect of the issue at hand. 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Ok, then.

You are making out my only reply is no.

But modern technology allows us to see the conditions and we can get first hand accounts from others. I haven't paid to go to a zoo for some years and I would not pay to see this one.

Your apparent conclusion that that makes my argument invalid indicates poor logic and reasoning. I noted that a major concern is that the gorilla is alone. Is seeing it going to make a second one magically appear. Compare videos of this zoo and western zoo gorilla enclosures and one may draw conclusions. 

Your decision that a gorilla held alone in these conditions is acceptable is not a decision with which I concur.

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

You are making out my only reply is no.

But modern technology allows us to see the conditions and we can get first hand accounts from others. I haven't paid to go to a zoo for some years and I would not pay to see this one.

Your apparent conclusion that that makes my argument invalid indicates poor logic and reasoning. I noted that a major concern is that the gorilla is alone. Is seeing it going to make a second one magically appear. Compare videos of this zoo and western zoo gorilla enclosures and one may draw conclusions. 

Your decision that a gorilla held alone in these conditions is acceptable is not a decision with which I concur.

Got a link to vids of this zoo ?

On 10/22/2022 at 11:00 AM, webfact said:

The ministry has been powerless to do anything despite many complaints from the public

There's lie the problem, where Thai ministries are powerful to run everybody lives, all of a sudden they're powerless in a face a blatant animals cruelty.. Bravo Thailand...

Edited by ezzra
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1