Sudden insomnia, advice needed.

buddyy

22 hours ago, buddyy said:

All was kinda well before this, i did go swimming and walks etc. Ate good.

But you have good point yes.

If you make it a daily thing with a routine, it might give you something to focus your mind on a little also.  Hopefully the sleep should come naturally after plenty exercised and fresh air.

Have you heard of "mindfulness"?  Look it up if not.  It's quite a good method for clearing your mind and relaxing, especially if you're a worrier/over-thinker.

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...

I realise my last post is October past year but i decided to give an update, since a lot have happened since my last post.

Maybe someone is in similar situation in the future and can take something useful out of this.

I think on October 26 last year i decided i need to go back to my home country as the situation was more and more getting out of control. Insomnia was so hard on my mind that i developed severe anxiety.

On my way to the airport i a had massive panic attack and taxi took me to the nearest hospital and i missed my flight.

In the taxi it was the scariest experience i have ever had, i was 100% sure i was going to die as i was nearly passing out and in bumper to bumper traffic 15min away from the hospital.

They made several tests again in the hospital and all was good, i also spent the night there and got about 6h of sleep, they put a drip to my vein, some muscle relaxer. They also diagnosed me with panic disorder.

Next day i checked out of the hospital (shout out to the great staff of Rama 9 hospital), and took a new shot at going home.

All was well and 2 hours into the flight started to feel sick. I talked with the flight attendtant and she gave me oxygen and checked bloodpressure. It was like 160/120, pulse 130.

The next around 7 hours i spent under oxygen mask because my heart was just pounding so fast and i couldnt breathe good.

Long story short i finally got home and after several weeks of trying to find a good doctor i got the help i needed.

Of course i tested several different medicines but nothing helped for sleep like diazepam, because my insomnia was connected with anxiety, normal sleeping pills did nothing much for me.

I also quit smoking (now 6 months cigarette free), havent drinked almost no alcohol (3 glasses of chmapagne in 6 months).

At this point i am sleeping with no medicine and get about 6 hours a day, also still take some AD very small dose.

But i am feeling better than ever and i the upcoming months looking to come back to Thailand.

Felt this chaos what happened made me stronger and i educated a lot myself about anxiety, panic disorder etc.