Bangkok police take on noise pollution - vehicle owners must get illegally adapted cars fixed in 30 days

webfact

5 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Why only in Bangkok and why only vehicles.. In my province you can here bonk bonk bonk from miles away if there is a party or concert. Only the bass, I don't understand why Thai people like to here bass only and in the cars more noise than a club in the western world.

The louder and more bass-heavy the better.. Usually find that the cost of the sound system is inversely proportional to their bad taste in music. ????

5 hours ago, dcalaska said:

About time. I hear many GRAB delivery bikes in my area with modified exhaust. Wish the GRAB company would require the delivery drivers use NON-modified vehicles. 

I hear about 10- 20 % of vehicles with modified exhaust over all. The police should follow the law and get them off the public streets, destroy them forever, and fine the drivers 50,000 B.

Why anyone would advertise via loud exhaust they are insecure in their manhood, ( small penis), is beyond reason.

"Why anyone would advertise via loud exhaust they are insecure in their manhood, ( small penis), is beyond reason." This would also include most Harley owners.

• Haha 1

What about the noise polution from car and pick-ups sound systems?  Most of these pr**ks take delight riding aroud with the volume turned up and their windows open wide  " look at me I have a loud sound system I am so clever " Of course a lot of this takes place in the evenings when the police are sleeping at the police station. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, johncat1 said:

What about the noise polution from car and pick-ups sound systems?  Most of these pr**ks take delight riding aroud with the volume turned up and their windows open wide  " look at me I have a loud sound system I am so clever " Of course a lot of this takes place in the evenings when the police are sleeping at the police station. 

Come on the police need time to sleep of their hangover from the day 

• Thumbs Up 1

What about the speaker buses? Buses converted into giant loud speakers and often used for village activities. The bass from their massive sound systems  makes all my windows and doors shake. The only consolation is all the people in and around the bus will go deaf or suffer serious brain damage ( if that's possible ?? ) But this noise is accepted by the authorities and the police, so nothing will ever be done about it.  Presumably Buddha invented the Tannoy and sound systems and gets royalties on all sales. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Boyn said:

And in 30 days the bib will go and check that improvements have been made, can anybody on here imagine that this will happen? Another 1 day crackdown for the media.

I hope you are right. Nobody needs these western rules in this country. Except the key board warriors under their blue roofs in Isaanistan.

9 hours ago, dcalaska said:

About time. I hear many GRAB delivery bikes in my area with modified exhaust. Wish the GRAB company would require the delivery drivers use NON-modified vehicles. 

I hear about 10- 20 % of vehicles with modified exhaust over all. The police should follow the law and get them off the public streets, destroy them forever, and fine the drivers 50,000 B.

Why anyone would advertise via loud exhaust they are insecure in their manhood, ( small penis), is beyond reason.

I have a big penis, but thats beside the point. On a 1100cc motorcycle, the louder the noise, the more safety for me and everyone else on the road. This is a fact.

5 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Not an expert, but I think the criteria would hold, otherwise what's the point? Racket is racket. In the US you would be required to get it fixed or face more fines. 

I'm afraid the noisy cars and bikes are a big thing in the USA.  If these people just invested all this wasted money.  I agree small dick syndrome.   As if a girl is impressed?

36 minutes ago, MartinBangkok said:

I have a big penis, but thats beside the point. On a 1100cc motorcycle, the louder the noise, the more safety for me and everyone else on the road. This is a fact.

Craziest statement I have heard in a long time. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, webfact said:

One behind a toll booth trapped 5 vehicles two of which were found to be breaking the law.

Another at a PTT gas station exit snared 15 vehicles with eight illegally adapted, noisy polluting vehicles being stopped in a four hour period from 9 pm.

Have a guy outside my place, starts his modified Toy Avansis [pun intended] every morning at 05:00

Sounds like he's got a straight through pipe...

Have louder than stock on HD  … ok a bit louder… one plus is if the car driver doesn’t see you hopefully they hear you… I’m respectful of others and stay off the throttle in town…

Edited by DJ54
Add