Man who shouted "Bomb!" as he grabbed top politician is allowed to go home by met police

webfact

image.jpeg

Daily News Thai Caption: Causing yet more trouble

A mental patient with a crazy history of weird stunts in Bangkok was allowed to go home by the police after he grabbed Progressive Movement party leader Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit by the neck at a bookfair.

Then he startled fairgoers by announcing that he had a bomb.

The assailant was Kanetpitsanuthep Jakkapopmahadeja. Known in the Thai media by his moniker of "Kay Roi Lan" (Hundred Million K) his list of weird stunts is as long as his name. 

A while back he brought the area outside Central World to a standstill after attacking himself and releasing half a dozen cobras. 

Various media have said he is an eccentric involved in real estate.

Closer to the truth it might be said that he is a wealthy man who is mentally ill displaying macabre behavior involving superstitious beliefs scaring the wider public.

In most countries people shouting "Bomb!" in a public place would not result in bail.

In this case the police took K Roi Lan to hospital for a mental health evaluation. His son turned up to say he would continue treatment at home and he needn't be admitted.

Doctors agreed and the assailant and his son went home. 

The assailant has to report to police again on November 8th when he will be taken to court. 

He faces a month in prison and/or a 10,000 baht fine for causing public panic. 

Thanathorn through a rep added a charge of assault. Whether that will be deemed common or serious assault will be up to medical reports. 

The organizer of the event at the Sirikit International Convention Center is set to make several charges of their own.

And Lumpini police are considering taking legal action against the family or the assailant's carers re their custody of a mental health patient. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-10-25

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

Closer to the truth it might be said that he is a wealthy man who

is willing to share that wealth if he gets the attention he craves.

Edited by onthedarkside
font corrected

32 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Ha!  Amazing Thailand.  A nutter who shouts 'bomb' is allowed to go home.  He should be locked up for a long time.

He is mentally ill,his care takers should get the stick not him.

He has to go to court,probably to assess his state of mind but i doubt very much he will do time.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

A mental patient with a crazy history of weird stunts in Bangkok was allowed to go home by the police after he grabbed

Recently I was in Washington, DC.   I yelled, "Bomb!!!" but because I'm a mental patient with a crazy history the police let me go home.    Crazy privledge.

OR................I was shot 10000000000000000000000000000000 times.   

One of those scenarios is likely.                     NRA for life!!!!    Until I come to LOS, then it's Soi Dogs for life!!!   

Note:  If you are a falang living in Pattaya, you are already a mental patient with a crazy history of weird stunts.   

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Closer to the truth it might be said that he is a wealthy man who is mentally ill displaying macabre behavior involving superstitious beliefs scaring the wider public.

Is there a law in Thailand that prevents wealthy eccentrics from being treated or kept in a safe house.?

Rhetorical Q

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Is there a law in Thailand that prevents wealthy eccentrics from being treated or kept in a safe house.?

Rhetorical Q

He is not just eccentris, he is violent and danger to public. 
the last time in May he punched in face an elderly frmale and knocked her town to floor. He came with 2 yellow shirts as a back up. So it was planned, premeditated. So he and his family and ultra-royalist friends know exactly his capabilities and not trying to constrain him. They might even encourage him with such behaviour. 
in February he run around Ratchaprasong with matchete. 
That goes as far as 2006.

He is a political extremist 

On 10/25/2022 at 7:21 AM, huangnon said:

I really doubt he'd be released to go home if he'd grabbed any "top politician" that wasn't an opposition MP.

If he grabbed Prawit he might have woken him up or given him a heart attack (or both)

• 1 month later...