Body of missing Russian woman in Phuket found

webfact

image.jpeg

By Goongnang Suksawat

Patong – The body of a missing Russian woman in Phuket from Thalang was found floating near Patong Beach on Day 6 of a major island wide search.

The Thalang District Chief reported this morning (October 26th) that the search team for a missing Russian woman in Sakoo, Thalang were notified from a local fisherman that a body was found near the Patong Beach which is about 40 kilometers from where she was missing.

Full story: https://thephuketexpress.com/2022/10/26/body-of-missing-russian-woman-in-phuket-found/

The-Phuket-Express-Logo-Small-300x121.png
-- © Copyright The Phuket Express 2022-10-26

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Like 1

Body of missing Russian woman found in sea off Pa Tong Beach

image.jpeg

Rescue teams in Phuket have found the body of a Russian woman, who went missing from Nai Thon Beach in Thalang District last Friday.

Pol Maj-Gen Sermphan Sirikhong, commander of Phuket provincial police, said today (Wednesday) that the body of 53-year-old Elena Rusradchenko was found floating in the sea off Pa Tong Beach at about 9am, adding that the decomposing remains were then taken to the Vachira Phuket Hospital for an autopsy before her relatives and friends were to be notified of the finding.

Since her disappearance, he said that police suspected that she might have drowned or got lost, rather than being kidnapped, so their efforts had focused on searches of the sea and nearby mountains.

A member of the recovery team said that the body was found among floating garbage about 40km from the beach where she was last seen swimming.

Source: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/body-of-missing-russian-woman-found-in-sea-off-pa-tong-beach/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-10-27

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Unknown health issue or stupidity would be my guess.

I've been to Phuket beaches (Kata for playing IN) late Sept, early Oct, and surf was never too rough for wading/playing in.   Not really a swimmer at the surf, though would think rips would be more of an issue closer to shore, unless my ignorance is showing.

Ever changing of course, so hard to say, as is the weather, influencing the conditions.

Edited by KhunLA

4 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Unknown health issue or stupidity would be my guess.

I've been to Phuket beaches (Kata for playing IN) late Sept, early Oct, and surf was never too rough for wading/playing in.   

Ever changing of course so hard to say, as it is the weather.

You mean  not swimming...!! 

28 minutes ago, Olmate said:

You mean  not swimming...!! 

Correct ... on the cusp of high season, calmer seas, so safer option for myself, with child, more so for her safety, not leaving her alone at the surf.

Not that I can't handle myself swimming, but not something I find enjoyable in saltwater, at the beach, as too many unknowns.  Unless of course I'm diving, then hard to get more out of the water.

So far I've managed to swim within my abilities.

Edited by KhunLA