Soi Dog Foundation delivers over 210 tons of food relief to animals in flood-hit provinces

snoop1130

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

The one at the back of my house that is often occupied by a pack of barking strays!

Not to mention all the dogs compassionate owners leave out in the yard all day, and some in cages, while they are out at work for 12 hours! 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

The population doesn't need to be lowered. We need zero soi dogs, not less of them.

There isn't any wrong with dogs roaming, IF they are treated right and taught respect for people, as well as being fixed, because there isn't any reason for them to have more puppies no one wants.  Dogs that haven't any owners is a problem, and that's the populations fault, as well as a government that won't do anything about it, and leaves it up to a foundation that's trying it's best, in a humane way, to control the growth. As far as leaving poo and pee, there are thousands of locals that do this daily, and it's never going to stop. There are countless dogs that are owned that bark and bite, so it isn't just to soi dogs. If a lot more money is put towards this problem, meaning the government gets involved, then the problem will be lessened. This is just like the deer overpopulation in some urban areas of the US. People don't allow hunting near towns, and the deer population gets out of hand, and accidents increase.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, proton said:

sentimental soi dog nonsense

I don't remember it being so overblown 15 years ago.  I wonder what changed?  Seems fake, maybe it's just politically correct now to love stray dogs. 

Today I saw about 40 stray dogs and maybe another 5 puppies  IN THE ROAD (stretch of road was about 10 km) .   Maybe I saw another 10-15 in the road coming home another way.

Definitely more than I remember from 7 years ago.  Chiang Mai Old town had very few, not sure now.   Luckily it was hot today, so not one dog was aggressive.   If aggressive, they won't last and their friends have a brain and Darwinism and all that to learn to stop that behavior.  

I also see more cats, which means almost nothing on a bike.  

Oh, I really don't like stray dogs but I'm not going to hurt one unless it comes for me and I have no choice.  Feeding them is great, of course, if you can help then help.  Food relief to anything living is fine with me........just don't teach them to attack falangs.  lol

Edited by Iamfalang
  • Love It 1

10 hours ago, Iamfalang said:

Today I saw about 40 stray dogs and maybe another 5 puppies  IN THE ROAD (stretch of road was about 10 km) .   Maybe I saw another 10-15 in the road coming home another way.

Definitely more than I remember from 7 years ago.  Chiang Mai Old town had very few, not sure now.   Luckily it was hot today, so not one dog was aggressive.   If aggressive, they won't last and their friends have a brain and Darwinism and all that to learn to stop that behavior.  

I also see more cats, which means almost nothing on a bike.  

Oh, I really don't like stray dogs but I'm not going to hurt one unless it comes for me and I have no choice.  Feeding them is great, of course, if you can help then help.  Food relief to anything living is fine with me........just don't teach them to attack falangs.  lol

You say you see more than 7 years back but also that is's great to feed them. This is what happens when they are fed by well meaning idiots- they increase in numbers!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, proton said:

This is what happens when they are fed by well meaning idiots- they increase in numbers!

IMO, too many people on this planet as well.  well meaning idiots having kids, feeding them.   

I'm not into killing dogs to keep the population low.   I'm not into starving dogs if they can be fed.  Same with humans.   

I'm not happy with it, and I'm sure WW3 will come.............don't worry!!!!  or soon there will be 100 billion people and 1000000 zillion dogs......I'm too busy to solve this one.  lol

9 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

So if Thai's would take care of their dogs from puppies yo death there would be no Soi dogs. That's why I think the dogs should be chipped from birth and heavy fines placed on owners that don't look after them.

I was at the park area of the stadium in in pattaya a few years back  and a Thai guy and his girlfriend drove up, opened the car door and dropped a dog off then drove off, left it to fight with the pack of about 20 or so dogs there.

Amazing Thailand.

Just now, Orinoco said:

I was at the park area of the stadium in in pattaya a few years back  and a Thai guy and his girlfriend drove up, opened the car door and dropped a dog off then drove off, left it to fight with the pack of about 20 or so dogs there.

Amazing Thailand.

I thought that was what temples were for! How callous. 

• Like 1

On 10/28/2022 at 2:13 PM, fredwiggy said:

There isn't any wrong with dogs roaming, IF they are treated right and taught respect for people, as well as being fixed, because there isn't any reason for them to have more puppies no one wants.  Dogs that haven't any owners is a problem, and that's the populations fault, as well as a government that won't do anything about it, and leaves it up to a foundation that's trying it's best, in a humane way, to control the growth. As far as leaving poo and pee, there are thousands of locals that do this daily, and it's never going to stop. There are countless dogs that are owned that bark and bite, so it isn't just to soi dogs. If a lot more money is put towards this problem, meaning the government gets involved, then the problem will be lessened. This is just like the deer overpopulation in some urban areas of the US. People don't allow hunting near towns, and the deer population gets out of hand, and accidents increase.

So soi dogs need teachers too now?

23 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Re-read my post.

I did - you said "There isn't any wrong with dogs roaming, IF they are treated right and taught respect for people"

That is a very big IF and it is not followed in Thailand. What we have is packs of dogs that regularly attack humans and maim children.

They should be culled. The amount of stray dogs should be down to zero. They are a menace and a hygeine/disease problem.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

I did - you said "There isn't any wrong with dogs roaming, IF they are treated right and taught respect for people"

That is a very big IF and it is not followed in Thailand. What we have is packs of dogs that regularly attack humans and maim children.

They should be culled. The amount of stray dogs should be down to zero. They are a menace and a hygeine/disease problem.

I meant to re-read my last post. People are the reason for this problem. Animals can't help what they do if left wild. As far as animals maiming, many owned dogs in the US attack and kill kids and others because they are trained with violence, or to be violent themselves, and again, this isn't the animals fault.

5 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I meant to re-read my last post. People are the reason for this problem. Animals can't help what they do if left wild. As far as animals maiming, many owned dogs in the US attack and kill kids and others because they are trained with violence, or to be violent themselves, and again, this isn't the animals fault.

Still - we are where we are - it doesn't matter who is at fault, it matters who is at risk. Right now, the dogs are a risk and hence should be culled.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2022 at 2:49 PM, Mickeymaus said:

I never got bitten by a human. But I got bitten by a Soi Dog in Central Pattaya.

Yeah, dogs know who their friends are -- and aren't....

Can't believe the number of posters here who don't have a soft spot in their heart for dogs. I guess they weren't raised with a family dog, and saw how a dog can so faithfully bond with humans. And the pain of having to put that family member down....

Sure, the soi dog problem needs to be addressed with a much larger neutering program. That's where my first donations would go. But in the meantime, if some organizations want to relieve the angst of some starving dogs, why would you bad mouth them.....?

Don't know where these anti dog posters hail from. Most Americans love their pets, particularly dogs. Don't know much about Europeans and their pets... Do know Middle Easterners just consider dogs as unclean pests.

Can you really walk by a sad eyed soi dog, with ribs showing -- and have no feelings? I guess some can, with feelings of another sort. Sad.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JimGant said:

Yeah, dogs know who their friends are -- and aren't....

Can't believe the number of posters here who don't have a soft spot in their heart for dogs. I guess they weren't raised with a family dog, and saw how a dog can so faithfully bond with humans. And the pain of having to put that family member down....

Sure, the soi dog problem needs to be addressed with a much larger neutering program. That's where my first donations would go. But in the meantime, if some organizations want to relieve the angst of some starving dogs, why would you bad mouth them.....?

Don't know where these anti dog posters hail from. Most Americans love their pets, particularly dogs. Don't know much about Europeans and their pets... Do know Middle Easterners just consider dogs as unclean pests.

Can you really walk by a sad eyed soi dog, with ribs showing -- and have no feelings? I guess some can, with feelings of another sort. Sad.

I am a dog owner - but I still think the soi dogs need to be culled.

My dog isn't a problem to anyone else - these dogs are. It's not about feelings or if it is - it's about feelings for victims over feelings for dogs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1