Thinking of staying at Koh Samui for like 2 months

What prices do I expect for like bungalow, that has internet. Do you need aircon? I need a small hut and I would book it per month. 

What prices do I expect to pay, and can somebody share a place that is great to stay in?

I was also thinking should I stay in Koh Phangan instead....

3 minutes ago, parafareno said:

you said they all have internet but no wifi? I dont understand. If they have internet they must have wifi for sure

No, I said probably, and they don't have to have wifi. The ones I stayed at had a computer you could use, but no wifi. You could always ask on line if they have wifi.

Some places I stayed at only had electricity for a few hours in the evening and no internet.

If you want all that, stay on Samui and pay a lot to stay in a flash resort.

Places with small huts are nice, but don't always have hot water, tv, AC or even 24 hour electricity. You get what you pay for- want mod cons...... pay more.

12 hours ago, parafareno said:

What prices do I expect for like bungalow, that has internet. Do you need aircon? I need a small hut and I would book it per month. 

What prices do I expect to pay, and can somebody share a place that is great to stay in?

You can find fan-only bungalows from around 6,000 to 8,000 baht a month – depending on season and personal preferences, fan can be all right, I stayed almost five years in a fan-only bungalow – aircon bungalows comes from around 10,000 baht a month.

Be aware of possible higher prices in high- and peak-season, i.e. Xmas-New Year and from January to mid April, plus July-August, when it's not a long term (all year) rent.

There are many areas with affordable bungalows close to beach – i.e. relative short walking distance from 100 meters to about 500 meters – cheapest might be Bang Por on the north coast that has both reasonable convenient store shopping and restaurants. Maenam, Bo Phut, Bang Rak, Plai Leam and Choengmon are other possibilities, but with more more tourists, which also means good shopping and restaurant facilities and slightly higher prices. Moving further inland in these areas, you will find lower prices. On the southern and western part of the island you might find little more affordable accommodation, but also fewer shopping and restaurant facilities, and a need to consider transportation.

Most bungalow resorts today have WiFi, the island has fiber from 1 Gb down and 200 Mb up. With a 5G WiFi-connection you can have excellent speed.

????

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, khunPer said:

You can find fan-only bungalows from around 6,000 to 8,000 baht a month – depending on season and personal preferences, fan can be all right, I stayed almost five years in a fan-only bungalow – aircon bungalows comes from around 10,000 baht a month.

Be aware of possible higher prices in high- and peak-season, i.e. Xmas-New Year and from January to mid April, plus July-August, when it's not a long term (all year) rent.

There are many areas with affordable bungalows close to beach – i.e. relative short walking distance from 100 meters to about 500 meters – cheapest might be Bang Por on the north coast that has both reasonable convenient store shopping and restaurants. Maenam, Bo Phut, Bang Rak, Plai Leam and Choengmon are other possibilities, but with more more tourists, which also means good shopping and restaurant facilities and slightly higher prices. Moving further inland in these areas, you will find lower prices. On the southern and western part of the island you might find little more affordable accommodation, but also fewer shopping and restaurant facilities, and a need to consider transportation.

Most bungalow resorts today have WiFi, the island has fiber from 1 Gb down and 200 Mb up. With a 5G WiFi-connection you can have excellent speed.

????

so i just come there and ask taxi driver where these bungalows are?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, parafareno said:

so i just come there and ask taxi driver where these bungalows are?

Might not work that easy. Book accommodation for one or a few nights ahead and check areas and accommodation out yourself, word of mouth is often an excellent help.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

No, I said probably, and they don't have to have wifi. The ones I stayed at had a computer you could use, but no wifi. You could always ask on line if they have wifi.

Some places I stayed at only had electricity for a few hours in the evening and no internet.

Places with small huts are nice, but don't always have hot water, tv, AC or even 24 hour electricity. You get what you pay for- want mod cons...... pay more.

$28aud for aircon bungalow with free wifi on kpn. Monthly rate be half that.

4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I think you missed his sarcasm.

no that is how people used to search...10 years ago, when I first arrived to thailand.....when I first came to BKK I met a female taxi girl...who got me a great room at Phrom Phong BTS.....

On 10/26/2022 at 8:17 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

It seems like long ago you stayed on Samui. Today they don't offer shared computers and the almost all email-shops have gone. Most people are constantly 4G or 5G online. There is WiFi almost everywhere, and free WiFi in malls, banks, coffee shops and restaurants. A 1 Gb fiber with 5G WiFi-router costs little less than 600 baht a month pon Samui, it's 20 baht a day, shared with N number of bungalows.

Most of the small huts have disappeared and been replaced with larger more luxurious bungalows – only the ones in the back used by Thai workers are still there – however, there are still a few left in places like in Bang Por for 290 baht a night. Not 24 hour electricity is back in the happy hippie era, Samui has changed a lot since then.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I think you missed his sarcasm.

Not at all, serious helpful reply, as this is how you find some of the good cheap bungalows, a number of them are not offered on the Internet, and furthermore you need to check location, airbnb-images can be too beautiful compared with real life...????

• Like 1

11 hours ago, khunPer said:

Not at all, serious helpful reply, as this is how you find some of the good cheap bungalows, a number of them are not offered on the Internet, and furthermore you need to check location, airbnb-images can be too beautiful compared with real life...????

Totally agree.

A friend was looking for a small bungalow in the area where I live.

Most are only advertised on the 'for rent' sign on the gate.

AirBnb adds $s and costs money.

Difficult to find a 7,000 baht a month bungalow on AirBnb.

Come over, rent a scooter and drive around.

• Like 1