China Covid: Millions back in lockdown as Beijing doubles down on zero-Covid

onthedarkside

1 minute ago, Gweiloman said:

Pattaya has arguably the greatest concentration of western tourists in Thailand. If one were to judge westerners based on these tourists behaviour and actions, then I think it would be an extremely flawed view.

What do you think?

Still on your China above all troll I see. Glad you think the country is so great, but then they have again locked down more tourism for even it's own people with it's Zero Covid Policy.  Just look at the above link.

17 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Still on your China above all troll I see. Glad you think the country is so great, but then they have again locked down more tourism for even it's own people with it's Zero Covid Policy.  Just look at the above link.

What are you talking about? I was responding to another poster’s rationale in making judgements. Your post has no relevance to what I wrote.

Please don’t throw around baiting posts on a willy nilly basis.

3 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

Pattaya has arguably the greatest concentration of western tourists in Thailand. If one were to judge westerners based on these tourists behaviour and actions, then I think it would be an extremely flawed view.

What do you think?

You don't care what I think, you have your own agenda.

I think the Chinese are the rudest, ill mannered, disgusting of all tourists.

(That was actually the opinion of the Thai manager of a local condohotel)

The no <deleted>t1ng in the poo signs were not put there for European tourists.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/29/2022 at 1:21 AM, Mac Mickmanus said:

China are having lock downs again and in the U.K, Covid finished about a year ago 

why do people with unfettered internet access say such uninformed things?

https://www.google.com/search?q=uk+covid+infections&rlz=1C1CHBD_enTH947TH947&oq=uk+covid+infections

As of October 27, the UK had 42,963 reported cases of COVID.

Perhaps we have a different understanding of what "covid finished" means

• Like 2

On 10/29/2022 at 12:49 AM, Gweiloman said:

I doubt XJP will give your advice any consideration. China, as a sovereign nation, has the right to do as it wishes, without interference from external sources.

But they do need to get over it. And getting exposed to the virus is the only way to do it. Vaccination is only partially effective in this regard. They will eventually follow Taiwan. 

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, n00dle said:

https://www.google.com/search?q=uk+covid+infections&rlz=1C1CHBD_enTH947TH947&oq=uk+covid+infections

Very few are dying from covid now. Those in hospital dying are dying "with covid". As a medical emergency, it is over. It should be allowed to run its course. Resistance is futile. Perhaps China is banking on omicron and its variants eventualyl disappearing. 

• Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, DavisH said:

But they do need to get over it. And getting exposed to the virus is the only way to do it. Vaccination is only partially effective in this regard. They will eventually follow Taiwan. 

Yes, I wish they would dispense with the zero covid policy as it seems extremely harsh at the present, given what we see happening in other countries.

40 minutes ago, DavisH said:

Very few are dying from covid now. Those in hospital dying are dying "with covid". As a medical emergency, it is over. It should be allowed to run its course. Resistance is futile. Perhaps China is banking on omicron and its variants eventualyl disappearing. 

The problem is more that it would be a massive loss of face for Xi and the CPC, after having bragged for years about their successful policy to protect the Chinese people.

There is no prior immunity, the "weak" people have not died already as in other countries, and their vaccine is not very good. Would they allow it to run its course, it would be a huge pandemic and a huge blow to the government's credibility.

They trapped themselves in it and there's no acceptable way out for them.

Just now, candide said:

The problem is more that it would be a massive loss of face for Xi and the CPC, after having bragged for years about their successful policy to protect the Chinese people.

There is no prior immunity, the "weak" people have not died already as in other countries, and their vaccine is not very good. Would they allow it to run its course, it would be a huge pandemic and a huge blow to the government's credibility.

They trapped themselves in it and there's no acceptable way out for them.

And after arranging to buy more effective vaccines from the West, they decided not to. The motivation is obvious.

12 hours ago, n00dle said:

Finished as in the same way as flu isn't a "threat to humankind" any more and people don't give it any mind other than when they catch it.

IMO had they treated it like flu 2 years ago it would all have been over long ago, supply chains would not have been disrupted, people not losing jobs and businesses, inflation not happening etc.