Assets of convicted ex-cop “Joe Ferrari” confiscated by Thai Anti-Corruption Commission

snoop1130

Looks like he dropped the appeal of his conviction and may only serve 5 to 7 years if that and/or be pardoned by the power to be according to the way this article reads.  I had thought he was put in jail already but that was just prior to the case being heard and his being convicted.  I can not find anything that says he was bailed out on the appeal?  So if he actually dropped the appeal shouldn't he be doing his time in jail? However, this is Thailand.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/joe-ferrari-seeks-to-withdraw-his-appeal-against-conviction-for-killing-suspect/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nobodysfriend said:

Just read this ... who is the " state " ? Or will it be sold in auctions ?

The auctions are secret & only the police/generals are invited.

I am appalled (but not surprised) that the Thai Justice system, AKA Baht, is allowing him to continue to enjoy the benefits of his corruption.

• Like 1

The mind boggles, honestly, if you can read that a police officer "is “abnormally” rich with more than one billion Baht in assets, including houses, supercars, and many others...".

He was sentenced to life in prison. I would assume that the culprit might have some more cash stashed away for some donations in case of a governmental pardon anytime soon; just wait for the dust to settle ???? Jail term completed due to good behaviour; whatever you want to read into the word "good" remains the privilege of the reader ......... 

2 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

" Police work " does pay out sometimes it seems ...

Who will own all his assets after confiscation ? Another policeman , or will they share it this time ?

Anyway , life ( may be just some years ) in prison will not be easy for a corrupt ex cop .

But he will probably have enough " assets " left somewhere to pay his way out after a short time ...?

image.jpeg.8af939e33b33bf68f1c72ce18313f1e1.jpeg

I think the noble present leadership will sell the assets and buy computers, Sports equipment  and much needed safe transportation for the poor kids at school in Isaarn. You know, share the ill gotten gains for a good cause that will benefit rural Thailand.

There again, maybe not, I've heard there's a Rolex watch sale coming up!

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

The mind boggles, honestly, if you can read that a police officer "is “abnormally” rich with more than one billion Baht in assets, including houses, supercars, and many others...".

He was sentenced to life in prison. I would assume that the culprit might have some more cash stashed away for some donations in case of a governmental pardon anytime soon; just wait for the dust to settle ???? Jail term completed due to good behaviour; whatever you want to read into the word "good" remains the privilege of the reader ......... 

Usually if he is convicted by the provincial court and if he pleaded ' not guilty ' he will get bail whilst it goes to the Appeal court, if he loses there, he will apply for bail until it goes to the Supreme court.

This can go on for anything up to 12 years or more with backlog, delays and stalling.

I have just checked and found a link on the Bangkok Post which states he pleaded ' not guilty '  thus entitling him to bail.

Edited by Scouse123
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1