Firebrand Chuwit speaks of "Five Grey Tigers" - Chinese must be thrown out of Thailand

webfact

2 hours ago, internationalism said:

there are not "zero dollar" tours from china for the last 2.5 years.

All organised travel was cancelled in Febryary 2020, in the wake of pandemic.

Chinese can travel only individually and rather for business, study and family reasons, not as tourists.

In china they still have 10 days quarantine (7 days hospital and 3 days at home), pre-departure and on arrival tests, as well as further tests during quarantine.

Hospitalisation in case of positive results. So even stricter than thai covid regulations pre-sandbox.

That further restricts tourism and chinese government still discourages it. 

I think Chuwit might be running for the general election, so he is making his face public again and nationalism and xenophobia are still potent tools in politics.

How he is able to grab a microphone and talk in front of senior cops, as if he had any position to talk to them or on behalf of them.

Unless Chuwit is indeed representing some high governmental figure or working of behalf of an american ambassador (that affair is really handy for american interests just 2 weeks before APEC summit).

Thai political and financial elites are chinese descendants, some of them with shady past, triads. So it's pretty easy for chinese mafia to make local connections in any line of business, not only in entertainment. Before covid it  was lucrative tourism industry, with some 10mln chinese visitors per year alone. 

All make sense to me other than the last paragraph that I don't mind elaborate. 

China is doing business in over 180 countries in the globe, and the bloodline factor that you pointed out is essentially irrelevant.     

In all foreign trade and business dealing as well as foreign affair, China does not bother or concerned about the race, religion, ideology, political system, reputation etc  of other countries.   The Chinese work with and adapt to the local business and government and the local ways in running things.   In other words, don't rock the boat and just do it as the locals.

The Chinese surely know where and when to "grease" it up in highly corruptive society such as the Kingdom,  while the Chinese practice differently while dealing with countries without corruption  (  Let's say Singapore ).

But even adding on Tea Money extra,  the Chinese still compete favorably in the bidding. The immediate example is  Japanese and Chinese were the bidders on Indonesia First High Speed Rail project in 2018, and the Chinese pricing was 30% lower the Japanese and also had promised a much shorter construction period. ( soon to open in Dec 2022 )   

No corruption in Indonesia ?   No kidding please !!!

Another point on this subject is the locals always have an edge and had the upper hand.   It is especially obvious such as the case of

Japan Toyota  Vs  Thai authorities  ;

Hong Kong  Hopewell  Vs  Thai authorities 

as  the cases involve foreign private enterprise taking on local governments and legislatives.    It is all too obvious which side will be on the short end.   Not Thailand alone, every country is the same. 

Tourism deal does not involve the Authority.   The private groups on the two sides can settle on their own.   The Thai including ladyboys doing Tiffany cabarets show and street food mama papa fruit vendors all benefit from the tourist arrival. 

• Like 2

You got to like Chuwit....at least he speaks openly and is good at embarrassing the stupid cops!

I'm surprised that he still walks around...maybe he has body guards, but the cops must really want him off the scene sometimes!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ChrisY1 said:

You got to like Chuwit....at least he speaks openly and is good at embarrassing the stupid cops!

I'm surprised that he still walks around...maybe he has body guards, but the cops must really want him off the scene sometimes!

What is he is working with police hand in hand and is posturing to become minister of interior.

On the second picture he looks like he was commandeering those cops. 
I think there is too much coincidence that suddenly those 5 (or possibly more in the near future) are busted. 
That might be more behind the scenes than a smokescreen of zero dollar tours, empty safes (or as police call them now "safety boxes). 
There well might be some political pressure from many angles. Why now? Why so strong? Why chuwit is jumping on bandwagon kick chinese out?

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 1

For me Xi and his Mafia can keep their folks locked up for another 20 years. Better for the rest of the world. Unfortunately all countries have become dependent on China in the meantime, and this sucks a lot. The world was bettet when Mao was their leader.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, internationalism said:

there are not "zero dollar" tours from china for the last 2.5 years.

All organised travel was cancelled in Febryary 2020, in the wake of pandemic.

Chinese can travel only individually and rather for business, study and family reasons, not as tourists.

In china they still have 10 days quarantine (7 days hospital and 3 days at home), pre-departure and on arrival tests, as well as further tests during quarantine.

Hospitalisation in case of positive results. So even stricter than thai covid regulations pre-sandbox.

That further restricts tourism and chinese government still discourages it. 

I think Chuwit might be running for the general election, so he is making his face public again and nationalism and xenophobia are still potent tools in politics.

How he is able to grab a microphone and talk in front of senior cops, as if he had any position to talk to them or on behalf of them.

Unless Chuwit is indeed representing some high governmental figure or working of behalf of an american ambassador (that affair is really handy for american interests just 2 weeks before APEC summit).

Thai political and financial elites are chinese descendants, some of them with shady past, triads. So it's pretty easy for chinese mafia to make local connections in any line of business, not only in entertainment. Before covid it  was lucrative tourism industry, with some 10mln chinese visitors per year alone. 

The area where I live has been inundated with Chinese over the past three years. These are affluent middle class Chinese who pay around 5 mill. for a house and a further 200k per year per child for the private school nearby. Most of the wives are housewives' of a sort, most of the men (and several of the women) are engaged in various sorts of nefarious activity, some of which I see from time to time. There are more Chinese here than Thai or any other nationality, they all have an angle of some sort and there's a lot of money involved, a lot.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2022 at 5:07 PM, Tropicalevo said:

Methinks that Khun Chuwit may be having an accident soon.

I do wish him all good luck though. Always entertaining.

Beat me too it, but I might add, Hope he has an armoured car, he's gonna need one.        Peace

Chuwit has lots of dirt on lots of officials from his massage parlour days. The Green Pants are on their way out and the BIB are waiting for the Shinawatra crew to take power so the BIB can return to the feed trough together. The Green Pants are holding on for as long as possible. Chuwit seems to be betting on the Shinawatra crew. It would be interesting to know what the nonexistent gambling dens' odds are for the next election.