UK Immigration problem

superal

I find it odd that in the face of a complete failure of the Government that promised to ‘get our borders back’ to control those same borders, those ranting against the 20 fold increase in cross channel migrants turn their ire on the very people who warned that the purveyors of the Brexit Promise were lying.

If you feel you are owed a solution to the lies you swallowed, go take it up with those who lied to you.

For your convenience you’ll find them in the party of Government and/or busy telling even more lies over at ‘Reform UK.

Don’t compound the mistake of doubling down on failed policies by being suckered with ‘fooled you once and will fool you again’.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I find it odd that in the face of a complete failure of the Government that promised to ‘get our borders back’ to control those same borders, those ranting against the 20 fold increase in cross channel migrants turn their ire on the very people who warned that the purveyors of the Brexit Promise were lying.

If you feel you are owed a solution to the lies you swallowed, go take it up with those who lied to you.

For your convenience you’ll find them in the party of Government and/or busy telling even more lies over at ‘Reform UK.

Don’t compound the mistake of doubling down on failed policies by being suckered with ‘fooled you once and will fool you again’.

So still no solution(s) just rants from you!

Do you actually have a working solution?

If so I am sure  we are all agog waiting to read it!

PS; Please don't just say Election/labour/BREXIT etc but provide some actual detailed policy!

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

It did work...via the "Dublin Agreement"......Brexit. The gift that keeps giving.

Not according to the Home office

he Home Office noted in February 2019: "There were 1,215 transfers into the UK under the Dublin Regulation. The majority (946) of these transfers came from Greece. There were just 209 transfers out of the UK under the Dublin Regulation. A quarter of these (51) were transfers to France."

https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/briefing-paper/444/transfers-of-asylum-seekers-from-the-uk-under-the-dublin-system#:~:text=There were just 209 transfers,) were transfers to France."

• Like 1

Just now, vinny41 said:

Not according to the Home office

he Home Office noted in February 2019: "There were 1,215 transfers into the UK under the Dublin Regulation. The majority (946) of these transfers came from Greece. There were just 209 transfers out of the UK under the Dublin Regulation. A quarter of these (51) were transfers to France."

https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/briefing-paper/444/transfers-of-asylum-seekers-from-the-uk-under-the-dublin-system#:~:text=There were just 209 transfers,) were transfers to France."

How does that compare with over 30,000 so far this year?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DezLez said:

So still no solution(s) just rants from you!

Do you actually have a working solution?

If so I am sure  we are all agog waiting to read it!

PS; Please don't just say Election/labour/BREXIT etc but provide some actual detailed policy!

I don’t owe anyone a ‘working solution’.

I answered the OP’s question.

Take your question for a solution to the people who promised you they’d fix this.

Venting your ire on those who told you at the time you were being lied to is a very odd response.

But I do understand, you were duped.

It’s not a fault on my part that I wasn’t.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

But it did work then.

The near twenty fold increase in migrants has occurred since Brexit, the UK ‘getting its borders back’ and leaving the Dublin Regulations.

Another rant that does NOT propose a solution without mentioning BREXIT.

Forget BREXIT.  Give us a workable solution without the words election/labour/BREXIT!

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

How does that compare with over 30,000 so far this year?

The large numbers coming in by boat are using a loophole that allows them to stay without claiming asylum So even if the UK was still part of the Dublin agreement that agreement can't be used when people are claiming they  to be trafficked

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2022/08/15/albanian-migrants-exploiting-modern-slavery-law-loophole-record/

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The near twenty fold increase in migrants

These are not "Migrants" who have applied to enter the UK legally!

They are people trying/entering the UK illegally!

Not the same as refugees etc!

Edited by DezLez
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I didn't see a question. I was just commenting on your post.

You saw the non reference of ‘refugees’ in my post but missed the two question marks ? Questions specifically asking what the impact of only 1 illegal immigrant entering the UK in the next 10 years would have on you personally.

I would suggest returning to my original post, however I’m still not confident we will receive a straight answer from you.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I think you're confusing immigrants and refugees.

Too many people (especially the left/woke) just see the word "migrant" and say OMG we must let them in to the UK (or wherever) but forget that only "legal Immigrants" and "bona fide"  refugees should be allowed to stay. 

The Bona Fide refugees are supposed to seek refuge (under International law) in the first country they enter after "fleeing" their home country so very few should end up in the UK!

The rest of the illegal scroungers, draft dodgers, criminals etc should be returned to their native country ASAP or safely prevented, if possible, from landing in the first place!  

Edited by DezLez
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DaLa said:

Unless of course all those 5 million suddenly become doctors etc. as the argument is commonly presented.

Ive noticed a huge increase in middle eastern barbers pop up in the uk, it seems like 3 on every street. 

It wouldn’t be so bad but 3 out of 4 can’t cut hair for sh**

Every one of the middle eastern barbers I talk with are working towards bringing over a wife from their home country and some have kids..

40,000 x 3 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, superal said:

With over 40,00 asylum seekers crossing the channel this year , to seek refuge in the UK

This is incorrect.  If you want to bracket all people making the crossing they are MIGRANTS - not asylum  seekers. The asylum seekers are a subset of these who are not e.g. economic migrants or criminals escaping justice such as the 1

- 2% of the young male population of  Albania who have decided they'll have an easier or more lucrative time in the UK instead of any other part of the EU.

it's important to get terminology right in this. Using "asylum seeker" for these elements lazily deprives real asylum seekers who are escaping persecution of their due sympathetic welcome.

16 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

They are still migrants and ‘getting our borders back’ is still a lie.

Incorrect again

Taking back control of our borders Free movement will end, with our own Parliament deciding our domestic immigration policy in the national interest.  

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/759792/28_November_EU_Exit_-_Taking_back_control_of_our_borders__money_and_laws_while_protecting_our_economy__security_and_Union__1_.pdf

Taking back control of our borders was never anything to do with  illegal entry

• Like 1
  • Haha 1