Korean tourist says they were pickpocketed on Pattaya Beach

Social Media

70AAC156-6144-482D-BEB0-B137F004739B-696x392.jpeg

A 43-year-old Korean tourist said he was pickpocketed by a transgender person while strolling on Pattaya Beach at night with friends.

Pattaya police were notified of a pickpocketing incident in front of Soi 13/2 in the Nongprue subdistrict of Banglamung, Chonburi, around 11 PM yesterday, November 2nd.

The victim was identified as Mr. Sanghyeon Lee, 43. He told police he was strolling on Pattaya Beach with his friends to exercise and enjoy the scenery when what he described as a transgender person walked up to him and began seducing him to offer companionship.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/11/03/korean-tourist-says-they-were-pickpocketed-on-pattaya-beach/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-11-03

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

It is quite a pleasant experience to sit on the beach in the cool weather at midnight or so..... a pity the police's inability to keep the undesirables away makes it so risky. 

Exactly, even when they do catch these thieves, they fine them 500 baht and let them go.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, morrobay said:

That's beside the point. Doesn't make any difference what they were doing. Looking for ladies? Fine. But when visitors get robbed by these reptiles with the XY chromosomes over and over again in this tourist town. That is the problem. 

yes had one of these things pick my pocket on jomtien beach early evening..fast and slick..these ####### need getting rid of

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

It is quite a pleasant experience to sit on the beach in the cool weather at midnight or so..... a pity the police's inability to keep the undesirables away makes it so risky. 

Agreed, but leaving your brains in Korea will get you in trouble when a he/she of the night comes to give you a hug.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Seriously cannot believe so many people do not put wallet and money in 'buttoned' or 'zipped' pockets. If you cannot feel someone unbuttoning and unzipping your clothes I'd say you deserve it.

I am never on Beach Road or anywhere else when I am in Pattaya after about 10pm, I never carry more than 2000Bt tucked into my sock. But I will say this, and I mean it. If I ever even have as much as an attempt by anyone trying to pick pocket me I will put an old wallet with 3 20Bt notes and some fishing hooks stuck in them in my pocket the next night I go out.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I am never on Beach Road or anywhere else when I am in Pattaya after about 10pm, I never carry more than 2000Bt tucked into my sock. But I will say this, and I mean it. If I ever even have as much as an attempt by anyone trying to pick pocket me I will put an old wallet with 3 20Bt notes and some fishing hooks stuck in them in my pocket the next night I go out.

2000thb in the sock? What's the punch line?

• Haha 1