Videos: Armed Cambodian army colonel taken down after driving jeep into Thailand - family problems

webfact

4 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

This is the Cambodian news media report:-

"A group of 5 Cambodian soldiers are reported to have been forcibly arrested after they crossed the Thai-Cambodian border, bearing weapons...........The men – who were driving a Humvee with a personalised number plate and were armed with pistols –  were reported to have been forcibly stopped by Thai authorities...........The leader of the group is reported to have brandished a gun at Thai officials before being subdued...........Thai media reports that the colonel had crossed into Thailand due to a ‘family crisis’."

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501180888/pictures-armed-cambodian-soldiers-arrested-in-thailand-after-confrontation/

Bizarre.  I wonder what the truth is and why this story isn't the one being told in Thailand.

• Thanks 1

All kidding aside, at least there was no bloodshed and no one died. In the US the guy would have had an AR15 and been randomly mowing down everyone within range. Yeah, you don't have to remind me of that terrible school tragedy, but in the US it happens about once a week. Just before I left my house in the US to come back here a gang shot up a guy at a house 100 meters from mine, hospitalized in critical condition, don't know if he made it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

This is the Cambodian news media report:-

"A group of 5 Cambodian soldiers are reported to have been forcibly arrested after they crossed the Thai-Cambodian border, bearing weapons...........The men – who were driving a Humvee with a personalised number plate and were armed with pistols –  were reported to have been forcibly stopped by Thai authorities...........The leader of the group is reported to have brandished a gun at Thai officials before being subdued...........Thai media reports that the colonel had crossed into Thailand due to a ‘family crisis’."

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501180888/pictures-armed-cambodian-soldiers-arrested-in-thailand-after-confrontation/

Nice to hear both countries news reports, thanks. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Andycoops said:

If it's not illegal migrants, Burmese war planes using Thai airspace to kill innocent civilians, now it's armed soldiers from a foreign nation just wandering over the border.

The army is about as much use defending the nation as a chocolate fireguard.

No doubt the engineless submarines will save the day, along with the unarmed F35s...

And plane less aircraft carrier.. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2022 at 8:12 PM, Jonathan Swift said:

All kidding aside, at least there was no bloodshed and no one died. In the US the guy would have had an AR15 and been randomly mowing down everyone within range. 

You mean like this? The soldier in Nakhon Ratchasima that killed 29 and injured 58?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nakhon_Ratchasima_shootings