German national in Pattaya has an intense standoff with Banglamung Police

snoop1130

Unfortunately he didn’t calmly sort it out … now he’s probably pushed it to far and 

most likely will be locked up and sent packing.

The black? house is interesting different..

Good luck fella you’ll need it… 

6 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:

You always show up at these posts about Thai police matters and insert an "If it was the US, they'd have already shot him..." comment.

Are you sure you aren't a Chinese sock puppet here to spread disinformation?

Yes. I earn $350,000 a year working for the CCP. They are very clever to hire Americans, to disguise their intentions. 

You couldn't make the stuff up, that I see posted here. Not to mention the "oh so precious replies". 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, bob smith said:

I never have overstayed my visa and I never will. I truly am a model citizen. 

Sure you have :giggle: "model citizen"

If you're so terrified of the police arresting overstayers and restraining violent thugs, then don't ever overstay again. It's that simple.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikeymike100 said:

Good question. It seems that whenever anything happens, especially something involving a foreigner the press are there? If you dont want the press, the police can be paid off so as not to invite them!

Most things happen to Thais and accordingly most stories are about Thais. Browse the Thai news sites and read Thai newspapers to convince yourself of this obvious fact. Not all stories involving foreigners are reported, esp. in the Thai press. They may only end up in the foreign press as clickbait. Some are notable enough, involving either Thai or foreigner, to warrant wider attention; this is one of them, what with 8 cops trying to deal w/ a nutcase.

This is something he is going to regret. Overstay can be handled easily. Happened to me once many years ago and didn't have any issues with it. I didn't have enough money to pay the fine and I was let go to get the money. Went back in a couple of days, paid my fine and it was sorted. A lot of things can be solved with respect and good manner in Thailand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Yes. I earn $350,000 a year working for the CCP. They are very clever to hire Americans, to disguise their intentions. 

You couldn't make the stuff up, that I see posted here. Not to mention the "oh so precious replies". 

They pay be 700k. Ask for a raise.

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, scorecard said:

So what should the police / immigration officers do if he's not cooperating, just walk away?

Overstay is a serious problem in any country.

Go over in Australia and the search to find you starts immediately and is very serious and they find 99% of overstayers very quickly. There's no 'if it's not convenient now, when should we come back?' 

This happened in Thailand.

46 minutes ago, Freed1948 said:

This happened in Thailand.

"This happened in Thailand." 

...where overstay is serious, there's been many thousands of cases in Thailand where foreigners have been searched out / or picked up through other circumstances and it's taken seriously.

They pretty much all get fined (not cheap) and go into immigration detention and quickly deported. Most cannot return to Thailand for quite a few years up to cannot return for decades.

As said 'in Thailand overstay is serious'. The government keeps control, in terms of  foreigners being in Thailand with appropriate permission to be in Thailand. 

Sounds like he's not a very smart German,  he should have been accommodating and just gone with immigration to sort his overstay out.

Why create a rukas and now he's in more trouble by his own doing.   idiot ,   did he really think he would win and the cops would say ' oh sorry ' bye ... hahaha

• Like 1

22 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

In the US, he would likely have been shot and killed. He sounds like an absolute fool. Though I give the cops here very little reason to harass me, I find them to be relatively easy to deal with, and rarely ever do they overly flex their power like in the US. Some departments in the US are worse than others. Many cops there are drunk with power. Some are here too. But, not nearly as many, and they are significantly less obnoxious here. 

His dogs would certainly be shot and killed in the US and him probably too.

• Thanks 1

"The Banglamung Police Chief Colonel Nawin Sinturat told the Pattaya News they were notified from neighbors of the suspect that the foreigners who lived in this house had previously caused some trouble. Their dogs were allegedly chasing after kids and motorbikes."

He kept 3 Dobermans who were allegedly threatening the safety of kids and others, so neighbours called police.  How would that play out in Germany, if a foreign overstayer behaved like that I wonder?  Not well I expect. He deserves to be booted out the country and blacklisted for life. That type of dangerous trash is not needed in Thailand.

Edited by Dogmatix
  • Like 1

I had a German girlfriend, she would refer to guys like this as a "B-dolf."  (because B comes after A)

Her brother, born during the Reich, was one.  Seems that they are a type.

Edited by bendejo
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, scorecard said:

"This happened in Thailand." 

...where overstay is serious, there's been many thousands of cases in Thailand where foreigners have been searched out / or picked up through other circumstances and it's taken seriously.

They pretty much all get fined (not cheap) and go into immigration detention and quickly deported. Most cannot return to Thailand for quite a few years up to cannot return for decades.

As said 'in Thailand overstay is serious'. The government keeps control, in terms of  foreigners being in Thailand with appropriate permission to be in Thailand. 

Time was that you could go to the airport, pay the maximum overstay fine of 20k, leave the country and fly back again with a new visa and start it all over again. But that came to an end a few years and, to be fair, the government gave months of warning to overstayers to leave when they could still pay the fine and come back again without blacklisting. This guy and his wife could easily have got their visas in order but chose not to. They could also have refrained from keeping dangerous dogs and not keeping them under control. They are obviously not overly bright but no sympathy for them for behaving in a dangerously anti social manner.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

His dogs would certainly be shot and killed in the US and him probably too.

Haven't you heard. We are not supposed to engage in comparative analysis on this forum, according to some of the members. Thailand only. Be obedient. Stop the free thinking. 

On 11/7/2022 at 6:45 AM, nightfox said:

You call that being treated like animals lol....If this was in the U.S. or any other country where cops actually have a set they would be picking this guy up with a spatula by now. The guy was throwing bottles at the cops, almost blew up the neighborhood and being a menace. What are the cops supposed to do, roll up the red carpet and thank him for not cooperating. 

it a wonder he did not cry out for his mother  MA MA help me

On 11/8/2022 at 3:31 AM, spidermike007 said:

Yes. I realize that. But, they are referring to the police being heavy handed, and that is a very relative thing for many of us. So, it is relevant from a standpoint of international perspective. It was not a political statement. 

Very true. It's also true the police were doing their job and the person involved not cooperating and has some history. The police cannot ignore the overstay, they were doing their job.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mikeymike100 said:

Good question. It seems that whenever anything happens, especially something involving a foreigner the press are there? If you dont want the press, the police can be paid off so as not to invite them!

The press likely stick to their backs like parasites... nevertheless it could be a deterrent for others considering an overstay!

On 11/7/2022 at 10:23 PM, bob smith said:

err, in the picture? 8 coppers dragging him out his house by the scruff of the neck not enough for you???

In the UK they would be making him a cup of tea, and four police persons carrying him to the police car, so he won't hurt himself.

19 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Haven't you heard. We are not supposed to engage in comparative analysis on this forum, according to some of the members. Thailand only. Be obedient. Stop the free thinking. 

Now come on , in nearly every story someone replies with "In the USA they would have..................."

Everything gets compared to what would have happened had it been in the USA . 

For those of us not from the USA , we aren't interested about what would have happened had it been in the USA .

On 11/7/2022 at 4:13 PM, rbkk said:

Why were the press invited? 

Because something was going on, obviously, and some news reporters have connections.

On 11/7/2022 at 5:37 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

The best thing that he could have done would be to go peacefully and immediately  to the Police station and try to arrange

yeh, but psychos often don't do the best thing.

On 11/7/2022 at 4:07 PM, bob smith said:

treating overstayers like animals now. how nice.

???? riiiight. Just read the story man. It is not about visa.  What does it take for you to understand - he was ranting, behaving aggressively and threatening violence and so on.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mickmouse1 said:

I dearly love to understand why so many FALANGS R DESPERATE  to stay in Siam and not return home? Yet, many are critical of Thai hospitality which allows them to stay.

Because they're old bitches. Or just plain stupid.