Do you believe in natural selection

georgegeorgia

10 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

Natural selection in the sense of Darwin's theory of evolution means that only the best genes will get the chance of reproduction . The survival of the fittest . Like this the gene pool will constantly ameliorate , resulting in further evolution ...

But , for mankind , this is not true .

There is no natural selection for the human species anymore by now , as can be seen in the number of global ... reproductions .

The poorest and less educated people have the most babies , therefore contributing to the decline of the ' human gene pool ' .

Overpopulation is a serious issue , especially in times of a possible dystopian future of mankind .

You look at it a very narrow timeframe how long humans kind have evolved and life on this planet. Most is ot ready for a larger scale of simultaneously happenings and the dead weight will die and not survive. Be it physically or they just do not have any skills that will save them.

4 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Do you believe in natural selection..........to a degree yes.

I naturally select the prettiest girl in any bar I go into.......and naturally get rejected, but I'm used to that.

The only conclusions I can draw from your post is you are either skint, or as ugly as a hatful of camel bums. I'm not far from the latter, does not seem to be an impediment.

Free advice: Diesel is not an acceptable aftershave.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Lacessit said:

The only conclusions I can draw from your post is you are either skint, or as ugly as a hatful of camel bums. I'm not far from the latter, does not seem to be an impediment.

Free advice: Diesel is not an acceptable aftershave.

Or mouth wash. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Georgia is a feminine given name originating from the Greek word Γεωργία, meaning agriculture. It shares this origin with the masculine version of the name, George.

Too many people, these days, do not understand the Theory of Evolution.

Did they ever?

Someday soon, maybe, this theory will, once again, be banned from being taught in schools in the United States.

This will be good for both the haves and the not-so-haves.

But, that's OK, because, ...  some day.....

Put your hands together....

Oh, Happy Days.

Science is Dead.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

After so many MAGA Republicans in the USA declined to get vaccinated, and subsequently died from Covid, the Republicans went on to lose a series of critical close elections that they would have won if their voters had still been alive.

So, yeah, natural selection is real.

23 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

After so many MAGA Republicans in the USA declined to get vaccinated, and subsequently died from Covid, the Republicans went on to lose a series of critical close elections that they would have won if their voters had still been alive.

So, yeah, natural selection is real.

I dont believe only maga R did die of this covid or only anti vaccine supporters who in overall have no colour or party. It is just pure logic, and some trust in the system that the system will work for the best. 

people can say what they want, but there is a reason the population today is 8 billion, and its not because of individualism.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/11/2022 at 8:13 AM, nobodysfriend said:

Natural selection in the sense of Darwin's theory of evolution means that only the best genes will get the chance of reproduction .

You've misunderstood Darwin. 

It's the most suitable for the current situation that survive which is entirely different to 'the best'. 

Currently in the west, it'll be those with the highest reproduction rates that will inherit those countries. 

Edited by BritManToo

On 11/11/2022 at 6:23 PM, Hummin said:

You look at it a very narrow timeframe how long humans kind have evolved and life on this planet. Most is ot ready for a larger scale of simultaneously happenings and the dead weight will die and not survive. Be it physically or they just do not have any skills that will save them.

Nah, it will just turn in to tyranny and genocide as usual, and those who is the best social players will stay on top as always. 

• Like 1

On 11/9/2022 at 8:39 PM, chickenslegs said:

Darwin Awards?

One of the international honours awarded to people who supposedly help to improve the human gene pool by "removing themselves from it in a spectacularly stupid manner."

Murphy's Law states: If anything can go wrong, it will.

Sod's law, a British culture axiom, states that "if something can go wrong, it will".

What about such is fate. 

Yes. Those most suited to survive, will survive, on a statistical basis. However, I think there are a lot of niches, here and there, which depend on particular environmental circumstances.  A general breakdown in society will kill most of these niches off. But, no doubt, enough will survive to bring it back to fruition when environmental factors once again become favorable.The sign of a strong society is its ability to protect the weak and marginalized, it all adds to the gene pool.