Fears that Thais will NOT get to watch World Cup on TV after all - SAT go cap in hand to FIFA

webfact

14 hours ago, blazes said:

How blessed is a Thai listener not having to cringe every time he hears "cup" pronounced as "coop" (plus all uses of "u" that become "oo".  Country becomes "coontry" and so on.)

Unfortunately the whole of UK tv is full of presenters who cannot pronounce the King's English.

And sorry but female sports commentators are making the sports unlistenable.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, worgeordie said:

I doubt many Thais know that  100 % ,    but I have 2 good choices from UK and Australia ,

which will be better than vipleague , those kind of sites are iffy at best ,buffer too much.

regards worgeordie

I've never had an issue with buffering with vipleague, but I put that down to the bandwidth/download speed of my internet connection.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I would also prefer to see the girls in the bars dancing for free.

Will the government also pay for them?

At least they are Thais who spend that money again in Thailand.

Or in other words: There is no human right to watch international football. And the world survived without it for millions of years.

You are right. But: obviously there was a need for football along the way that led to the invention of the game........

On 11/11/2022 at 10:37 AM, anchadian said:

Those Thais who can speak English can watch and listen to live matches on the BBC and ITV.....with a VPN of course.

If people love football then I'm sure they could watch it in any language if they have to. It's football NOT a documentary.   

• Like 1

On 11/12/2022 at 8:47 AM, TigerandDog said:

I've never had an issue with buffering with vipleague, but I put that down to the bandwidth/download speed of my internet connection.

I only get problems when streaming in HD on any site. That site has a good option of selecting viewing in SD which rarely buffers or freezes. Although my pc was bought when rainbows were in black and white so it's getting on a bit. ????

Any safe option for those of us here who are not from UK (can't use BBC & ITV via VPN) ?

I'd gladly pay extra for a good service, than to depend on bandwidth limitations of streaming sites, as demand will be insanely huge as expected... There's nothing worse than buffering at the last minutes of the some important game lol.

I use HDprime (380/month), but I would not rely on them for the World Cup, because last year they (and even Pulse 1000/month) buffered on final F1 race.

(meanwhile Netflix & YouTube 4K worked flawlessly, so my internet was OK)

Last WC I was in different countries, so I used Ripple website, it was great but now it seems it's gone downhill...

Bein Sports Thailand told me they will *not* stream WC here "due to copyright rules" (lol), they will stream it only in some Arab & African countries.

Any ideas from you guys are welcome, thanks! (we already got our Croatia shirts, snacks and drinks ready ???? )

I think beIN sports thailand have all games live and you can get the app on smart tvs tablets & computers price 99 bhat a month or 1000 bhat a year if you want champions league as well can cancel anytime so if you want for world cup get for month and cancel happy days 99 bhat ????

5 hours ago, Binger said:

I think beIN sports thailand have all games live and you can get the app on smart tvs tablets & computers price 99 bhat a month or 1000 bhat a year if you want champions league as well can cancel anytime so if you want for world cup get for month and cancel happy days 99 bhat ????

Yeah 'beIN Connect' is good app, but it doesn't include the World Cup... I asked beIN yesterday and they said they are not allowed to stream WC in Thailand (and in the rest of the world, apart from several Arab and African countries).