Why is the UK struggling more than other countries?

Scott

3 minutes ago, puchooay said:

Are you suggesting I'm a driver?

If so, once again, you are wrong. I started as a healthcare assistant, then support worker for 2 quadriplegics and am now a welfare liason officer. All with no previous experience. I've had induction days, on job training and online training. Started with shadow shifts then as part of a double now as a single carer. Taken the tests, both online and via assessment at work and passed. 

Like I said, if I can do it, so can anyone. Just need to get off your ar$e, stop thinking you are entitled to financial help and benefits, get working and earning. Simple.

Can you still do that these days though ?

These days they seem more stringent with qualifications than they were in the past 

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

These days they seem more stringent with qualifications than they were in the past 

I'd have thought they'd roll out the red carpet for anyone willing to do that work, subject to a background check.

22 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

My most recent job start was 6 weeks ago do, yes, can be done. Is done on a regular basis. More than half of the Healthcare assistants I deal eith are on their first job in the field.

13 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

One of us used to do this for a living. It isn't

Quite right. One, you, used to fo it.

One, I, do it now.

You have missed support workers, domicilary care staff, care home staff and hospital HCA off your list.

Easily makes 50000 jobs that anyone without experience and do.

3 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

So in other words you had no previos experience but you were extensively trained. A far cry from your original statement of '50,000 vacancies anyone can do with no prior experience or training'

So, are you saying you now understand the difference between training on the job and training before applying? I hope so as I only referred to one type.

The lowest paid where I work are on over £11 an hour. More at weekends. Paid holiday and company pension. 

The higher earners, not at management level, have the same benefits but are on nearer £13 an hour. Good money.

6 minutes ago, puchooay said:

Quite right. One, you, used to fo it.

One, I, do it now.

You have missed support workers, domicilary care staff, care home staff and hospital HCA off your list.

Easily makes 50000 jobs that anyone without experience and do.

Provide a link with facts and figures rather than just anecdotal stuff and I'll happily concede.

And by the way, I'm still in the business and still recruiting in the healthcare business. Just in Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

Provide a link with facts and figures rather than just anecdotal stuff and I'll happily concede.

And by the way, I'm still in the business and still recruiting in the healthcare business. Just in Thailand.

I have no idea about Healthcare recruitment in Thailand. Therefore, I will not question you on the matter or suggest you are exaggerating or making up figures.

I suggest you do the same with what I say about Healthcare recruitment in UK in the present day.

4 minutes ago, puchooay said:

So, are you saying you now understand the difference between training on the job and training before applying? I hope so as I only referred to one type.

The lowest paid where I work are on over £11 an hour. More at weekends. Paid holiday and company pension. 

The higher earners, not at management level, have the same benefits but are on nearer £13 an hour. Good money.

Of course I understand the difference between 'training on the job and training before applying; .Thanks for the condescention.

It still doesn't consitute your original statement of '50,000 vacancies anyone can do with no prior experience or training. I''ll say it's a maximum of 20,000 (and I'm being generous) the other 110,000 vacancies currently available require some sort of experience or training. Christ, 35,000 of that is nurses alone.

And you quoting hourly rates is irrelevant as I actually agree with you. We might not quite agree it's 'good money' but it's certainly better than dole money.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

Of course I understand the difference between 'training on the job and training before applying; .Thanks for the condescention.

It still doesn't consitute your original statement of '50,000 vacancies anyone can do with no prior experience or training. I''ll say it's a maximum of 20,000 (and I'm being generous) the other 110,000 vacancies currently available require some sort of experience or training. Christ, 35,000 of that is nurses alone.

And you quoting hourly rates is irrelevant as I actually agree with you. We might not quite agree it's 'good money' but it's certainly better than dole money.

The rates are quite a lot better than most of the jobs available to those with no experience. Add to that the added benefits it is more of a career option than just a job.

You still seem to be ignoring a large part of the healthcare industry. You keep going on about nurses and those with qualifications but ignoring those without.

The short fall of carers in care homes alone out strips your guesstimates.

16 minutes ago, puchooay said:

Sorry.

I wasn't aware it was a competition.

If it was, it's only you and one other that questions my figures. That against a lot more that don't.

I guess that would make me the winner. ????????????

Lot of neither challenging nor accepting your figures.

Doesn’t mean we agree with you. 

Edited by Bluespunk
Spelling typos

17 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

All peachy then.

Until you need a Dentist, a GP appointment, the Police to attend a crime in progress, care in old age, a job that pays a living wage, an affordable home.

All peachy, and when it’s not there are food banks used by working people who can’t afford food.

Superficial dribble 

• Thanks 1

On 11/29/2022 at 1:21 AM, johnnybangkok said:

Care to back that up with some peer reviewed or factual evidence?

I used to run a recruitment company in the UK that focused on healthcare (with the NHS as our biggest client) and I can absolutely gaurantee you there was VERY FEW jobs 'that anyone can do with no prior experience or training'.

Maybe things have changed a lot in the last 10 years so I'm up for being re-educated on the matter, but if you'll forgive me, it'll take slightly more than just your own personal opinion.

While saying "no training" is obviously wrong, many jobs can be done with a minimal amount.

From my unfortunate experience in an NHS hospital for major surgery, I can state that the cleaning was done by very poorly trained people, and some of the nurses appeared to be lacking in the "training" department, ie they were incompetent.

I can't comment on the Drs so much as I don't remember seeing them much post surgery. They certainly weren't concerned with my progress, and I ended up having to go back for more surgery.

Actually, my hospital and post op care were so bad that I'd opt for anything other than surgery if I could go back to before the operation.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

While saying "no training" is obviously wrong, many jobs can be done with a minimal amount.

From my unfortunate experience in an NHS hospital for major surgery, I can state that the cleaning was done by very poorly trained people, and some of the nurses appeared to be lacking in the "training" department, ie they were incompetent.

I can't comment on the Drs so much as I don't remember seeing them much post surgery. They certainly weren't concerned with my progress, and I ended up having to go back for more surgery.

Actually, my hospital and post op care were so bad that I'd opt for anything other than surgery if I could go back to before the operation.

I think what is wrong with someone and what the hospital is like in certain areas comes into it, as of years ago. 

I found the NHS 25 years ago excellent and apparently under funded understaffed as usual.

They saved my life so while the UK is in this financial mess obviously will make things worse for NHS. 

Bickering about the situation is pointless.

22 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I think what is wrong with someone and what the hospital is like in certain areas comes into it, as of years ago. 

I found the NHS 25 years ago excellent and apparently under funded understaffed as usual.

They saved my life so while the UK is in this financial mess obviously will make things worse for NHS. 

Bickering about the situation is pointless.

Actually, fixing the NHS would be easy, but politically hard. The problems are of managers and of politics.

Eliminating the deadwood in management would go a long way to fixing it, but who in politics would do that?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Actually, fixing the NHS would be easy, but politically hard. The problems are of managers and of politics.

Eliminating the deadwood in management would go a long way to fixing it, but who in politics would do that?

My daughter is a paramedic and still studying and is reluctantly going to have to join the strike along with her colleges.

It has got to the point for her that if she doesn't do overtime she cannot meet her rent or even manage a basic lifestyle.

I don't know how that section of the NHS is managed, all I know is she was interviewed by a working senior paramedic not office manager as such and hire by him, so it sounds that department is run better. 

They have many applications for the job who are rejected after being interviewed.

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Thanks 1

On 11/30/2022 at 5:26 PM, Kwasaki said:

At this point in time I doubt anything could make things worse for the NHS. There are literally decades of incompetence to overcome.

As an example of managerial corruption I can mention that in the hospital I worked at they acquired a new top manager, and the first thing he did was commandeer the visitors waiting room to give himself a larger office.

When Gordon Brown wasted 6 billion quid on the NHS the hospital I worked at used the money to create an extra 2 completely un necessary nurse managers.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

At this point in time I doubt anything could make things worse for the NHS. There are literally decades of incompetence to overcome.

As an example of managerial corruption I can mention that in the hospital I worked at they acquired a new top manager, and the first thing he did was commandeer the visitors waiting room to give himself a larger office.

When Gordon Brown wasted 6 billion quid on the NHS the hospital I worked at used the money to create an extra 2 completely un necessary nurse managers.

Diversity Managers now mate on £100,000 plus a year!

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

My daughter is a paramedic and still studying and is reluctantly going to have to join the strike along with her colleges.

It has got to the point for her that if she doesn't do overtime she cannot meet her rent or even manage a basic lifestyle.

I don't know how that section of the NHS is managed, all I know is she was interviewed by a working senior paramedic not office manager as such and hire by him, so it sounds that department is run better. 

They have many applications for the job who are rejected after being interviewed.

Decades ago when I started nursing, I had considered being ambulance driver or working in A and E. Given the <deleted> people they have to deal with now, there is no way I'd even think about it today.

It was a different world back then, when most people had some consideration for others.

• Like 1