Why is the UK struggling more than other countries?

Scott

13 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Covid and Ukraine has had a huge effect on the UK economy , so you cannot divide Brexit, Ukraine and Covid up and see the effects individually 

You have selective amnesia. I have replied directly to you previously about this issue  Statistical techniques such as regression analysis allow us to test hypotheses about the effect that Brexit has had on the economy. 

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/r/regression.asp

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Simple Jack said:

When people in the U,K. Are arrested & jailed for selling mince pies. Or pointing out the obvious. Two genders. I wonder why?

Although he was jailed for perverting the course of justice for deleting CCTV footage , rather than for actually selling mince pies 

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Although he was jailed for perverting the course of justice for deleting CCTV footage , rather than for actually selling mince pies 

obviously you don't like pie. ???? And what are your views on "boys have a penis; girls have a vagina" funny how you missed out that shocker

Edited by Simple Jack

On 11/12/2022 at 3:32 AM, BritManToo said:

All the western countries appear to be having the same problems as far as I can see.

Go woke, go broke!

Shut your countries for 2 years because of COVID ....... check.

Force your country to use 'green' energy ........ check.

Allow unrestricted illegal immigration ......... check.

Move all manufacturing to the 3rd world ......... check.

Have interest rates lower than inflation ......... check.

Only offer unsuitable candidates for election ....... check.

I'd say that covers it all pretty much.

I got myself stuck here for Covid 'interlude' - can't believe how 'mentality' has changed so much past 20 years or so.

Best Rgds

Rgds

Edited by factseeker
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, factseeker said:

Sums it up very well.

Rgds

Well apart from no one is being forced to use green energy , the UK doesn't have  unrestricted illegal immigration , all manufacturing hasn't been moved to the third World and its a personal opinion as to whether politicians are suitable or not and the high inflation is a temporary thing 

Edited by Mac Mickmanus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

No one is denying there is a huge cost to processing asylum seekers but the main problem is there is such a huge backlog that the process is dragging out much longer than usual and costing much more than it ever did. This is NOT the fault of asylum seekers though. This is a government problem, one of its very many. 
And I’m just going to ignore your “criminal element” comment. It’s puerile and unsubstantiated. 

This IS the fault of illegal economic migrants, criminals and criminal gangs which are enabling far more people to risk the journey. A clear case of system overload, so that, yes, the process is dragging out much longer than usual. It is also a government problem but not necessarily its fault.

In August Home Secretary Priti Patel said:

"This work shows we will stop at nothing to remove those with no right to be here and I am proud that we have removed almost 1,000 Albanian foreign national offenders and immigration offenders this year so far, including some who crossed the Channel illegally to come to the UK".

Edited by nauseus
  • Thanks 1

On 11/19/2022 at 2:59 AM, RayC said:

Something of a myth that the UK is the preferred destination for asylum seekers. The bottom line is that it is a Europe-wide issue.

https://www.worlddata.info/refugees-by-country.php

Nevertheless, if the UK was as bad as some posters on this forum claim in a different thread, why would any want to risk drowning to get to Britain's shores?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/19/2022 at 4:34 AM, Kwasaki said:

In England when management companies took over the building industry that's when it turned turtle and was totally mess up with kids coming from University who knew nowt about how a building site works. 

Ah yes, the kids from university that know sod all about life as it really is, but claim that a piece of paper makes them experts.

Yet some on this very forum have claimed that any that have not got a uni education are not as good as those that have. LOL.

I'll take any that learned on the job ( with sufficient educational input from technical colleges etc ) over someone that spent 18 or so years in school anytime. Not referring to actual professionals such as doctors though.

There are many reasons why Britain is struggling and IMO more to do with management as I experienced it when working there, than Brexit or any such.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

3 hours ago, RayC said:

You have selective amnesia. I have replied directly to you previously about this issue  Statistical techniques such as regression analysis allow us to test hypotheses about the effect that Brexit has had on the economy. 

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/r/regression.asp

LOL. A hypothesis is just a supposition. If it were a fact it wouldn't be a hypothesis.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Nevertheless, if the UK was as bad as some posters on this forum claim in a different thread, why would any want to risk drowning to get to Britain's shores?

Because, in the case of refugees,  it's got nothing to do with where they're going and everything to do with where they have come from.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You are correct, and it works as a method of stopping people paying large to risk their lives  on a boat hoping to jump the q to enter Australia.

Every single person that was ever incarcerated on an island and didn't choose to go home is now in Australia, NZ or the US. In any case, far more people arrived on tourist visas and claimed asylum than arrived on boats.

In the year after offshore processing began, the number of arrivals did not decline – it increased. Some 25,173 people arrived by boat between July 2012 and July 2013 – three times more than the number who crossed in the previous 12 months.

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-did-australian-offshore-asylum-system-reduce-boat-crossings

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/boats-are-not-the-problem-it-s-the-130-000-asylum-seekers-living-here-20220617-p5aufm.html

Edited by ozimoron

6 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

What do you mean "nope" ?

Thousands went to the USA and thousands went back to their own Country with no choice 

About a thousand did go to the US but they weren't forced to go. Relatively, very few went back to their own countries unless their claims for asylum were rejected.

Edited by ozimoron

Just now, ozimoron said:

About a thousand did go to the US but they weren't forced to go. Relatively, very few went back to their own countries unless their claims for asylum were rejected. Most were accepted.

Roughly about half went to live in Australia and the other half went home , to another County , jailed or died