Nancy Pelosi stands down as leader of US House Democrats

Scott

17 hours ago, FarAngMoh said:

Was it anything more than a political stunt?

If she (or the Dems) wanted to do something meaningful, they would amend the Taiwan Relations Act along the lines of the US-Japan security alliance. 

Now that politics have become reality TV, political stunts are part of the show.  I can think of a recent President who rarely governed but loved staging political stunts. 

https://media.newyorker.com/photos/5efca249b975762d612e0e5d/master/w_2560%2Cc_limit/Borowitz-TrumpReading.jpg

7 hours ago, heybruce said:

Now that politics have become reality TV, political stunts are part of the show.  I can think of a recent President who rarely governed but loved staging political stunts. 

https://media.newyorker.com/photos/5efca249b975762d612e0e5d/master/w_2560%2Cc_limit/Borowitz-TrumpReading.jpg

Both sides make me sick. Both are part of the problem. There has never been so much divisiveness, but I blame the media more than anything else. Americans actually have way more in common than different, but everyone is being brainwashed to think otherwise.

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, FarAngMoh said:

Both sides make me sick. Both are part of the problem. There has never been so much divisiveness, but I blame the media more than anything else. Americans actually have way more in common than different, but everyone is being brainwashed to think otherwise.

Another case of both-sidesism.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Nancy Pelosi was really, really good at her job
Pelosi’s legacy as speaker is defined by formidable wins on policy including the Affordable Care Act.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2022/11/20/23467057/nancy-pelosi-speaker-legacy-molly-ball-biography

My security guard brother was on ACA for years — it was a complete train wreck for him. Even Medicare for all would have been a far better. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, FarAngMoh said:

My security guard brother was on ACA for years — it was a complete train wreck for him. Even Medicare for all would have been a far better. 

It's funny. On some other thread, a poster said "even Marjorie Taylor Green" in a way that was meant to imply that she was reasonable. Now it's "even Medicare for all" which is meant to imply that it's a lousy choice but better than Obamacare.

Anyway, I have no use for opinions that cite alleged individual cases. 

Chart Book: Accomplishments of Affordable Care Act

https://www.cbpp.org/research/health/chart-book-accomplishments-of-affordable-care-act

14 minutes ago, placeholder said:

It's funny. On some other thread, a poster said "even Marjorie Taylor Green" in a way that was meant to imply that she was reasonable. Now it's "even Medicare for all" which is meant to imply that it's a lousy choice but better than Obamacare.

Anyway, I have no use for opinions that cite alleged individual cases. 

Chart Book: Accomplishments of Affordable Care Act

https://www.cbpp.org/research/health/chart-book-accomplishments-of-affordable-care-act

CBPP bills itself as nonpartisan, but a look at the center's stance on issues indicates a left-of-center view. 

• Like 2

Just now, FarAngMoh said:

CBPP bills itself as nonpartisan, but a look at the center's stance on issues indicates a left-of-center view. 

You tried to pass yourself off as non-partisan but you have doubts about the 2020 election.

The difference between you and CBPP is that they cite objectively confirmable facts. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

You tried to pass yourself off as non-partisan but you have doubts about the 2020 election.

The difference between you and CBPP is that they cite objectively confirmable facts. 

Have you ever considered that maybe they only cite objectively confirmable facts that support their biased view? 

The definition of partisan is to be a strong supporter of a party. I did not vote Rep or Dem in the last two presidential elections. Neither party offered an acceptable candidate in my opinion.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FarAngMoh said:

Have you ever considered that maybe they only cite objectively confirmable facts that support their biased view? 

The definition of partisan is to be a strong supporter of a party. I did not vote Rep or Dem in the last two presidential elections. Neither party offered an acceptable candidate in my opinion.

Well, it sure beats those who cite alleged personal to cite theirs. Or claim to be politically unaffiliated but support blatant election falsehoods.

31 minutes ago, FarAngMoh said:

Or the other extreme… those who believe that the ACA is the best thing since sliced bread… and the election was won without a single fraudulent vote. 

No other extreme. Just people considering facts. The 2020 election was not rigged. Just as the 2016 election was not riggered, despite Trump claiming so because he expected to lose.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, candide said:

No other extreme. Just people considering facts. The 2020 election was not rigged. Just as the 2016 election was not riggered, despite Trump claiming so because he expected to lose.

Just can't stop yourself talking about Trump, can you?

This isn't a Trump thread- nothing to do with him at all.

It's not even about the election.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Just can't stop yourself talking about Trump, can you?

This isn't a Trump thread- nothing to do with him at all.

It's not even about the election.

I replied to another poster. Why don't you tell him? ????

• Like 2