Elon Musk restores Donald Trump’s Twitter account

Scott

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

His post:

“If Elon Musk continues to run Twitter like this, using garbage polls that do not represent the American people and the needs of our democracy, God help us all.”

He is correct

Yes, you posted that already and I replied to it already . I quoted it and now you have posted it again !!!!!!!

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

There are many people who like and support Tump , but they keep it quiet on social media and on other internet forums , because when they mention they like Trump, they receive lots of abuse and hate from the "tolerant" left 

No doubt he has a significant base. I think the election fraud nonsense, the investigations that people can see do have some merit, the Murdoch turnaround, and boredom with the old and the rise of new hopefuls, are taking a toll. Could be wrong. 

I think the left, centre, and the part of the right that doesn't like Trump, which add up to a lot these days, are generally intolerant not of individuals for being who they are, but those who make statements that can seem illogical, not backed by evidence, and or that parrot right wing media talking points.   Some will say it's the same problem with the left and centre - facts and evidence are facts and evidence. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, you posted that already and I replied to it already . I quoted it and now you have posted it again !!!!!!!

So your response remains the same does it or do you now see he was not referring to the world but to America? Hence why he is absolutely correct

Edited by Bkk Brian

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Precisely. They selected themselves. Do you really believe that a poll where people can elect to participate is a valid one? Gee, if that were the case, pollsters could save themselves a lot of money by just putting polls online and opening them to anyone. I imagine your reply will be that that's a good idea. Yet oddly enought, I don't know of any pollsters who do that? Do you wonder at all why that's the case? Do you think it's some kind of conspiracy? That pollsters don't want the rest of the world to know how simple it is?

How was the poll conducted ?

Was it an open poll where any and everyone could vote , or were the voters selected to vote ?

Was it an open poll or was it a rigged poll ?

13 minutes ago, James105 said:

I presume that you must own some of their stock

That's the funniest thing I've read so far today man, thanks for brightening my day. 

Elon Musk bought all Twitter shares and took the company private. It belongs to him now*, not shareholders ????????????

*except for the little matter of the $13 bil loan he took out against the value of Twitter to partially fund the purchase.

28 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

7m accounts yeah only take 2 years to open them 555

You Trump haters and your theories

So you maintain that the Twitter poll/vote you have so much faith in was free and fair?  No bots, no multiple accounts held by the same person, no Russian trolls who would like to see a return of Trump, etc.  What are the safeguards to prevent that from happening?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Confusing , he rubbishes a democratic  poll where 15 million people voted and thinks the results should be ignored , then he goes about about democracy !!!!!!

Does he agree with democracy or not ?

What made this poll democratic?  How many people knew it was being conducted before it was closed?  What were the safeguards against bots and other fraud?

19 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Democracy is only democracy when its his side winning. Biden said so.

I'm sure that's something you would love to tweet.  Perhaps you already have.  But it's either false or Biden's statement is taken grossly out of context.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

How were people in this poll selected ?

Wasn't it an open poll where anyone can vote ?

Not if they didn't know about the poll until after it was ended.  And there remain questions regarding bots and trolls voting maliciously.

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

At a guess, 15 million people ?

As of January this year there were almost 400 million people using Twitter, so that equates to a voter turn-out of less than 4%.  I suspect more than 4% would have voted if they'd known the poll was being conducted.

3 minutes ago, heybruce said:

As of January this year there were almost 400 million people using Twitter, so that equates to a voter turn-out of less than 4%.  I suspect more than 4% would have voted if they'd known the poll was being conducted.

Do you know how the poll was advertised and who participated in it ?

He seemed to be saying that the majority of people voted for Trump top be allowed to post on  Twitter and that poll shouldn't be accepted because that would be bad for American democracy ?

Now try repeating what he actually said.........in full

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

How was the poll conducted ?

Was it an open poll where any and everyone could vote , or were the voters selected to vote ?

Was it an open poll or was it a rigged poll ?

It was an open poll. Just because a poll is open doesn't mean it's statistically valid. In fact, it means the opposite. So not a valid survey of Twitter members' opinions.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

It was an open poll. Just because a poll is open doesn't mean it's statistically valid. In fact, it means the opposite. So not a valid survey of Twitter members' opinions.

OK, I think that I understand :

The poll came out in Trumps favour and the majority of people wanted him to be able to post and statistically that means the majority of people don't want Trump on Twitter .

Have I got that right ?

OK, I think that I understand :

The poll came out in Trumps favour and the majority of people wanted him to be able to post and statistically that means the majority of people don't want Trump on Twitter .

Have I got that right ?

You could hardly be more wrong if the discussion is about whether a poll is statistically valid. If it's just about vote totals, then it might be a valid total. Or it might be due to that 20% of bots or more that Musk claimed were contaminating Twitter

• Like 1