Elon Musk restores Donald Trump’s Twitter account

Scott

Just now, Sparktrader said:

15m people not 2,000 which is most surveys.

15 million unverified accounts, no way to know which country they came from, how many bots and fake accounts and certainly not representative of an authenticated poll or survey

1 hour ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

If Musk paid $1 for Truth Social I think that would be a step too far for many Twitter users. Benefitting someone who attempted to overturn democratic elections and giving them a bigger mouthpiece. I don't mind him having access to Twitter but there was a fairly compelling argument the other way around January 6 2020.

I think Twitter has already passed that point.

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

And they probably weren’t representative—only 17% of the UK aged 16 or over uses Twitter, and those people are typically younger, wealthier, and more urban than the general population.

So Trump has lot of young fans then

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Twist it as much as you want, the facts are Twitter polls are not a reliable indicator, I have provided the evidence, please provide any evidence to the contrary?

. 420,000 verified accounts, which is less than 0.2 percent of its almost 240 million daily active users.

2. Musk himself estimates, "90% Of Comments On My Account Are Bots" which is where the poll was held.

3. Votes are registered from every country in the world that has access to twitter, including those who actively and covertly attack the US

Your link shoots your very own argument in the foot.

1 Twitter has a left wing bias

2 more young people

If Trump scores 51.8% on a young left wing biased platform then real number must be higher.

Thanks for the link proving me right and you wrong.

Well done.

• Thumbs Up 1

Your link shoots your very own argument in the foot.

1 Twitter has a left wing bias

2 more young people

If Trump scores 51.8% on a young left wing biased platform then real number must be higher.

Well done.

Bait not taken, trolling now

• Like 2

Hmm so you think millions are fake 555

Trump wins opinion poll

Left cries fake

Trump has millions of fans worldwide. As a non american I can confirm its true.

You Democrat supporters are just too biased to know what goes on in the rest of the world.

'Trump has millions of fans worldwide. As a non american I can confirm its true.'

A simple easy yes or no question for you then.

Do you actually KNOW millions of people world wide?

It is the same as saying that you have thousands of friends on Facebook.

In my 50 year career, living and working in 38 countries I probably don't know more than a couple of thousand people personally, and I have no idea of the politics of less than 50 of them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, billd766 said:

'Trump has millions of fans worldwide. As a non american I can confirm its true.'

In my 50 year career, living and working in 38 countries I probably don't know more than a couple of thousand people personally, and I have no idea of the politics of less than 50 of them.

51.8% out of 15m according to a survey.

7.77m. 10% margin of error gives at least 7m Trump fans.

Edited by Sparktrader
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, stevenl said:
34 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

But other entities lies are ok on the platform, yes?

Don't put words in my mouth.

But comparing Trump 's lies to those of others is just plain dumb.

I did not put words into your mouth, I asked a question...see the question mark?

"comparing Trump 's lies to those of others is just plain dumb".

Statements don't come more irrational than that!  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mickeymaus said:

Americans are strange people. They allow Trump to be President with tremendous military and economic power. But they don't allow him to post on Twitter. Again - I am not a "friend" of him but this is hard to understand...

If he is not capable of using Twitter in a normal way why was he ever allowed to be President???

Will look out of the window to check if a "democratic" missile is on its way to me already...:welcomeani:

Twitter is a commercial enterprise. I don't understand why you seek to connect that to his election.

5 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

51.8% out of 15m according to a survey.

7.77m. 10% margin of error gives at least 7m Trump fans.

But I was quoting YOUR post and not any link, so please answer the question I asked.

Edited by billd766

4 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I don't think that he personally knows millions of people who like Trump, but you can tell how many people by how many followers he has on Twitter or the mere fact that millions of people voted for him in numerous elections 

• Like 1

Obviously you don't. Lots of political polls are 600 to 2000 people only.

But they are constructed to reflect the general population within a margin of error. If polling was as simple as you think it is, then pollsters could just invite people to register their opinion. You take no account of motivation. And as noted above, you also take no account of bots.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/howcan-a-poll-of-only-100/

The margin of error is a mathematical abstraction, and there are a number of reasons why actual errors in surveys are larger. Even with random sampling, people in the population have unequal probabilities of inclusion in the survey. For instance, if you don't have a telephone, you won't be in the survey, but if you have two phone lines, you have two chances to be included. 

Edited by metisdead
Edited as per fair use policy.

1 hour ago, Phoenix Rising said:

They were asking people whether they agree with Trumps policies like building the Mexican wall and limiting immigration into the USA and many Mexicans  disagreed with those policies .

It wasnt a questionnaire about whether they liked or despised Trump